It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians in Wa state want to implement police check points

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
It's kinda funny because in WA for the past year or 2 they've had this stupid commercial "where cops are everywhere" and "out to get your drunk driving ass". With the commercials showing police officers wearing invisible cloaks. In the radio and on the commercials they say that if you don't get pulled over you'll end up at a DUI checkpoint and get arrested. Even though I hadn't seen any DUI checkpoints I thought that they did have them in WA because that's what the commercials said. Here I'll show you:

They have a series with more realistic looking invisible cloak POs though.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Maybe it's got something to do with funding?
All it takes is for a police officer to say that he thinks he can smell cannabis, then accordingly he has reason to search you and the vehicle. They can bring in a sniffer dog and put in front of it any sum of money you may have on you. As a high percentage of currency in circulation can be tainted by drugs, a positive response from the sniffer dog may be a good hit for them. Then they get to seize the money, maybe your car as well, without actually having to prove you are guilty of anything. Sounds rough but some police forces are already doing this, crazy as it sounds, and it's perfectly "legal".

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I agree, we live in the area as well and it would seem alot less suspicious if TPTB just legalized like in Uruguey,yknow, just make it a normal plant for people to use again.

But in the US? People forget, when alcohol was legalized, pot was taken away. More crime with booze, just a fact, and as far as I know, has NOTHING to do with any individual circumstance other than access to the booze. And I love booze and I feel this strongly! But, we drink it because its yummy and interesting in this house; not to be drunk all the damn time for whatever damn reason we choose.

I got distracted;
what I'm saying is; pot,and at least agreeable plant whether you partake or not, WILL be legalized. So what else will? Or what else will be prohibited?

Legalize pot; legalize meth?
Herbal medicine prohibition (you hippies just trust the dr mmkay?)

It seems like too good an idea, yknow? Going so smoothly there has to be something hidden behind/wthin it.

Thoughts, please? Anyone?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Where I live they will set up signs on both sides of an overpass saying drug dogs and drug check ahead. This overpass one cannot see on to the other side from either direction. So paranoid people will get off at the exits which are to a road of very little traffic and then the county cops are sitting down there with drug dogs sniffing out cars. If the idiots would have stayed on the highway nothing would have happened to them.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Imagine setting up this magical checkpoint outside of the whitehouse and parliament building.
Think of all the criminals you catch; plotting crimes against the population, aiding known terrorist organisations, arresting and torturing those who speak out against the state, committing tax invasion and involved in other white collar offences.

Just imagine further a mystical country where there will be armoured checkpoints searching cars and controlling the flow of people, possibly even state ID's. Road side cavity searches,whole Swat tactical invasions to arrest a drunk, where they throw people in jail for overdue library books and police randomly shooting unarmed civilians dead on the street for no reason.

Good thing we live in a perfect world where non of this could possibly ever happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here's a link to an article that, I believe, informs this discussion.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

And another because it was easier to do than to wonder if I should have later...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

kozmo
reply to post by CB328

I see from your avatar that you are an Obama supporter. You voted for this, so why are you disappointed? You voted for confiscatory taxation. You voted for the continual destruction of personal rights. You voted for the ability of the government to essentially run your life. You should be THRILLED that you are getting EXACTLY what you voted for. Now live with it or do something constructive about it!

Yeah, but its OK to take away the rights and liberties that conservatives care about. Its all about 'progress', you know? But how dare the government restrict rights that liberal 'progressives' care about!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Police checkpoints are not a partisan issue in any way. They are a fear reaction tool.

In my life, both sides have played equal part in trying to make me feel like life is a tightrope walk.

Balance the money side so that you don't fall into debt
Balance the social side so that you don't fall into jail.

Hmmm, everything else I have to say about this sounds like a bumper sticker, so, I'll refrain from that, straighten my suit, and leave with a polite nod. Have a grand day.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join