It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello - I'm into UFO's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
History undergrad here. Spent the summer researching UFOlogy because I had nothing better to do. I was pretty impressed by John Keel and Jacque Vallee's work. Nick Redfern's Final Events tuned me into the UFO/occultism connection, and I've probably read more about that then most people will ever need to.

I have a suspicion that Project MAGNET, Meade Layne, and other lesser known figures might just merit another look. I'm really impressed with some of the threads on here so far, and I hope to make some useful contributions.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Hey 1ofthe9. Next time you're into a UFO ... Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome aboard and have a great time with us.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You're in the right place...but now: All Ur Brainz R Belong to Us! Welcome, brother, I dig your thinking on the complexity and depth of the ufological enigma!

Glad you mentioned Meade Layne, I definitely need to dig back into him. Been meaning to. With Vallee's thoughts finally coming into their own, I bet you're right that it's time that folk discovered/rediscovered Layne.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts!

edit on 6-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Welcome, Newbie-San.

You don't know anything about UFOs until you read Richard Dolan's 'History of UFOs and the National Security State', both volumes. I'm pretty sure Volume III isn't out yet.

Also go to the NICAP website and there's a lot of free ebooks there. I'd recommend one or both of the art-deco-covered Donald Keyhoe books for a great look at the state of consternation of the US govt back in the early 1950s. You can almost still feel the heat of their hair on fire, from here...

Edited to add, since you're a history student, that after my 60 years on this planet (I was 10 when Kennedy was shot and have been paying attention ever since) that the Cold War may just have been a ruse on both sides to allow the unprecedented expenditures that were required on Black Budget Projects, reverse engineering crashed UFOs, etc. All those tunnels and bases underground criss-crossing the US didn't come cheap, and neither did the reported moon and Mars bases.

I'm not kidding about Dolan's work, he's one of the best. I especially like his theory of the 'breakaway civilization' and there's any number of Youtube videos out there with him discussing it.
edit on 58221011pmWednesdayf22Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:22:58 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: add

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

1ofthe9, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

welcomse to a.t.s 1 of the 9 enjoy the boards i have never seen a u.f.o but i have heard one over my house one morning and could not get up still kick myself over that in the u.f.o hotspot of scotland maybe one day have fun and a star

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

signalfire
Welcome, Newbie-San.

You don't know anything about UFOs until you read Richard Dolan's 'History of UFOs and the National Security State', both volumes. I'm pretty sure Volume III isn't out yet.

Also go to the NICAP website and there's a lot of free ebooks there. I'd recommend one or both of the art-deco-covered Donald Keyhoe books for a great look at the state of consternation of the US govt back in the early 1950s. You can almost still feel the heat of their hair on fire, from here...

Edited to add, since you're a history student, that after my 60 years on this planet (I was 10 when Kennedy was shot and have been paying attention ever since) that the Cold War may just have been a ruse on both sides to allow the unprecedented expenditures that were required on Black Budget Projects, reverse engineering crashed UFOs, etc. All those tunnels and bases underground criss-crossing the US didn't come cheap, and neither did the reported moon and Mars bases.

I'm not kidding about Dolan's work, he's one of the best. I especially like his theory of the 'breakaway civilization' and there's any number of Youtube videos out there with him discussing it.
edit on 58221011pmWednesdayf22Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:22:58 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: add

I've read both volumes, and I'm looking forward to the 3rd.
I'm not so certain I agree with his conclusions regarding a breakaway civilization, but I respect his work. I'm finding the intersection between UFO's and the military-occult complex to be extremely interesting, but also completely terrifying at the same time.

The GUT
You're in the right place...but now: All Ur Brainz R Belong to Us! Welcome, brother, I dig your thinking on the complexity and depth of the ufological enigma!

Glad you mentioned Meade Layne, I definitely need to dig back into him. Been meaning to. With Vallee's thoughts finally coming into their own, I bet it's time that folk discovered/rediscovered Layne.

Looking forward to more of your thoughts!

Oh wow. Dude, I've actually pulled all-nighters to read some of your threads. I'd love to pick your brain on WTF is going down - from what I've seen we seem to be thinking along the same lines at times (I meant to do this via PM but it looks like I need a higher post count or something).
I have a sneaking suspicion that Vallee's thinking has impacted some major players: I think Bigelow is working out of the Vallee/Keel school. John Alexander's mention of precognitive sentient phenomena in his book rang alarm bells in my head.

edit on 6-11-2013 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Welcome to the family. Sounds like you will fit in super fine here.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hi and welcome to the ATS family

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Hey 1ofthe9. Next time you're into a UFO ... Pics or it didn't happen! Welcome aboard and have a great time with us.

I am so sick of this mentality, You are a freaking DORK. "Pics or it did not happen" I had an orgasim last night. Want pics? Oh wait You probably do. I am sick of you and people like you saying "pics or it didn't happen" are you 9 or 10 now?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

psst we have company! No fighting in front of the noobs in the introduction forum
Save it for the boards. Take off the cranky pants and step away from the keyboard
lol

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Oooooo ... I luv it when the ladies come runnin' to my rescue!!

Thanks Kurt, you can be my wingman anytime, brother. LOL
edit on 7112013 by Snarl because: Edited for Iamschist's continuing respect

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Love the flag, not so much the babes part. lol Careful or you will not be getting any of the welcome cookies.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

kurthall

Snarl
reply to post by 1ofthe9

I am so sick of this mentality, You are a freaking DORK. "Pics or it did not happen" I had an orgasim last night. Want pics? Oh wait You probably do. I am sick of you and people like you saying "pics or it didn't happen" are you 9 or 10 now?

The one time I did see something strange in the sky, I woke up the entire house in the middle of the night desperately trying to find the camera. No luck.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Check out Ingo Swann's book 'Penetration' available for free on line. First 2/3s are quite the ride, and the last 1/3 is Ingo trying to explain how telepathy works. He does a pretty good job of it, given that our culture doesn't have the words.

Again, welcome. I look forward to your posts. This will be fun

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nice to have ya! Welcome
All your UFO are belong to US lol

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Welcome 1ofthe9, if you are into UFO's and other conspiracies then you are in the right place. Lot's of knowledgeable people here on this board.

This board is the best on the net!

Stari

new topics

top topics

join