It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Devastating Obamacare Facts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Here are seven points about ObamaCare that just might be true for many.

IMO; The whole idea of ObamaCare is to simply devastate the middle class that earns under the median income.

There are no cash transfers going to the lower classes and poor.

Everything is illusionary benefits that may not even help "poor" people.

The middle and low end "Middle Class" is paying the bill.

And I know many people are hoping for that very thing.
Supporters in general seem to be *Star Struck*.

1. Obamacare will cost taxpayers $1.8 to $2.6 trillion over the next 10 years

2. At least 3.5 million Americans have already received health insurance cancellation notices

3. The now-infamous Obamacare website cost U.S. taxpayers over $1 billion to build

4. The New York Times says Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of poor blacks and single mothers."

5. Tens of thousands of worker hours and jobs have already been cut due to Obamacare

6. Premiums will rise by 99% for young men and between 55% to 62% for young women

7. Obama promised no less than 23 times that "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

supporting links to each point are in the article...

It's ALL About *Perception* !!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

xuenchen

3. The now-infamous Obamacare website cost U.S. taxpayers over $1 billion to build

In testimony on Capitol Hill, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said, in response to a direct question: “Congresswoman, we have spent about $118 million on the website itself, and about $56 million has been expended on other IT to support the web.”
That adds up to $174 million.

www.cnn.com...

Your list is only as strong as your weakest claim.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sadly this are the facts that we are given, the repercussions of the program will be greater and far more damaging, because no a single predition that government gives ever happen to become true the cost are always higher, that is why predictions are done yearly and every year is a different number, but that is ok, because the productive class still will be forced to pay and the poor and needy group will be growing and still be depending on Welfare and Medicaid for their needs.

At the end people will realized that the poor and needy were not even part of the program to beginning with, just their votes were needed for political gain in the political game of deceptions.

edit on 6-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Of course that's only part of it.

Aunt Kathy is a known liar as well.

And, IMO, She could easily win a beauty contest called "Myth America".

Although the Affordable Care Act has been law for three and a half years, one third of the funds going to the top contractors working on the federal exchanges were awarded in the six months before the new insurance marketplaces opened Oct. 1, a Bloomberg Government Analysis has found.

The torrent of late spending — almost $352 million of $1 billion in awards to the top 10 contractors — indicates the magnitude of the work still to be done as opening day approached, and helps explain the information technology problems that have dogged the exchange system since its launch. In a typical IT project, spending ramps up to a peak, then trails off during the final phase.

Late IT Cash Surge Foreshadowed Health-Law Woes

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

xuenchen

Although the Affordable Care Act has been law for three and a half years, one third of the funds going to the top contractors working on the federal exchanges were awarded in the six months before the new insurance marketplaces opened Oct. 1, a Bloomberg Government Analysis has found.

The torrent of late spending — almost $352 million of $1 billion in awards to the top 10 contractors — indicates the magnitude of the work still to be done as opening day approached, and helps explain the information technology problems that have dogged the exchange system since its launch. In a typical IT project, spending ramps up to a peak, then trails off during the final phase.

Don't muddy the waters.

Not all IT costs related to the ACA are for the faulty website. Not even your own source says that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I do love #4:

4. The New York Times says Obamacare "will leave out two-thirds of poor blacks and single mothers."

Note that the fact they are claiming is not that this statement is true, but that the New York Times said it.

This isnt even strong propaganda....weak, just weak.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

xuenchen

Don't muddy the waters.

Not all IT costs related to the ACA are for the faulty website. Not even your own source says that.

Correct.

The OP refers to:

"3. The now-infamous Obamacare website cost U.S. taxpayers over $1 billion to build "

nothing about "faulty" anywhere.

and you also referred to that quote.

edit on Nov-06-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

xuenchen

In testimony on Capitol Hill, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said, in response to a direct question: “Congresswoman, we have spent about $118 million on the website itself, and about $56 million has been expended on other IT to support the web.”

www.cnn.com...

Speaking of weakest links, you quote some text and then link to CNN which has an article that in their own words is an attempt to debunk Obamacare myths and has nothing to do with the quote. Out of context quotes are useless. Counts by Reuters have the costs well over $280 million as of April of this year.

A Reuters review of government documents shows that the contract to build the federal Healthcare.gov online insurance website - key to President Obama's signature health care reform - tripled in potential total value to nearly $292 million as new money was assigned to the work beginning in April this year.

Source
edit on 11/6/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Here in my neck of the woods a welfare state in southern GA the majority of welfare recipients within the poor and needy are actually mostly African American and single mothers, they are out of the ACA and they will fall into Medicaid expansion something that GA is still debating how to deal with, because it means more local taxes and people in the productive class are sick and tired of it.

Then comes the issue of the exchanges, we have a monopoly with only one hospital so the rates will be higher in my area due to the fact that is not exchanges due to lack of competition.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

marg6043

Here in my neck of the woods a welfare state in southern GA the majority of welfare recipients within the poor and needy are actually mostly African American and single mothers, they are out of the ACA and they will fall into Medicaid expansion something that GA is still debating how to deal with, because it means more local taxes and people in the productive class are sick and tired of it.

Then comes the issue of the exchanges, we have a monopoly with only one hospital so the rates will be higher in my area due to the fact that is not exchanges due to lack of competition.
ummm....ok? Maybe I missed it, but what does this have to do with anything I said?

I pointed out shady tactics used by the author. Thats it and thats all. I didnt even speak how i feel about obamacare....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

I do love #4:

Note that the fact they are claiming is not that this statement is true, but that the New York Times said it.

This isnt even strong propaganda....weak, just weak.

A sweeping national effort to extend health coverage to millions of Americans will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help, according to an analysis of census data by The New York Times.

Because they live in states largely controlled by Republicans that have declined to participate in a vast expansion of Medicaid, the medical insurance program for the poor, they are among the eight million Americans who are impoverished, uninsured and ineligible for help. The federal government will pay for the expansion through 2016 and no less than 90 percent of costs in later years.

And the fact of some states were not going to participate in Medicaid expansion was known after the Supreme Court changed that part of the law.

The Administration (Obama and Sebilius) had plenty of time to fix that problem.

Perhaps those affected can get a full subsidy ?

The law has holes that need to be plugged.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What strikes me as odd is this new world notion of things must die to live.

You have insurance, it works for you, but in order to have insurance you must be canceled. Then, after cancellation, you have no insurance. You have no insurance until, if and when, you find insurance that replaces the insurance you used to have? Until you find that insurance, YOU ARE UNINSURED!!!!

Does this make sense? Millions of words to make a law that insures people by canceling their insurance?

Here is the law for the uninsured as written by a human being with compassion for all, with understanding and simplicity: "For those who do not have insurance, or cannot be insured for any reason, the US government will now let eligible people enroll in Medicare, Medicade and other simple reimbursement systems for a minimal fee each month. 100 dollars per person, 350 for a family of four for those making up to 35k a year. Thank you.

Here is the law written for scumbag human beings who do not know what insurance actually is, do not know what health is, just want things in shiny packages - Affordable Care Act.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

As I replied to marg....whats your point? I didnt say anything in favor of obamacare. I simply pointed out shady tactics by the author of the article you linked.

Its less than respectable to use such tactics.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I agree about "shady tactics" 100%.

The Administration needs to understand that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

xuenchen

I agree about "shady tactics" 100%.

The Administration needs to understand that.

I agree with that 100%.

Though I would take it beyond the administration, to politicians in general.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

xuenchen

www.cnn.com...

you sure about that?

First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the contract to build the failed Obamacare website.
Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

link

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You used as references the number 4 in the list, I explain how that is true at least in my neck of the woods, may not affect your area but it does where I live.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

SpaDe_

MichaelPMaccabee

xuenchen

www.cnn.com...

Speaking of weakest links, you quote some text and then link to CNN which has an article that in their own words is an attempt to debunk Obamacare myths and has nothing to do with the quote. Out of context quotes are useless. Counts by Reuters have the costs well over $280 million as of April of this year.

A Reuters review of government documents shows that the contract to build the federal Healthcare.gov online insurance website - key to President Obama's signature health care reform - tripled in potential total value to nearly $292 million as new money was assigned to the work beginning in April this year.

Source

Ha...I thought it was just me. I read the quote from Sebelius and clicked his CNN link and spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what they had to do with one another. I can only deduce we were supposed to simply assume that the quote was from the linked CNN article and not question it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
As a Canadian I've been sitting back and watching this whole debate with a mixture of disbelief and amusement.

Obama wanted single payer universal healthcare just like we have (Canada) and regardless of the BS you may have heard it works and works well (although I think dental should also be covered).

What you ended up with is a broken down clunker version of Massachusetts' RomneyCare. One that could of been workable initially until the Republicans decided to butcher it and make it as unworkable as they could get away with the sole intent of creating this Cl^*^^*F^*^.

Why are some of you so blind to this fact? You blame the Executive for everything you find wrong with government yet fail to recognize certain elements within the GOP are intentionally sabotaging everything the Gov. is trying to do both good and bad. I find this ridiculous and ignorant.

Obama is no messiah he has some very questionable policies regarding security and defense/intelligence as well as others, but the Tea Party is beyond comprehension! The GOP is laying down like a whipped dog scared to stand up for what they know is right letting the TP extremists who are totally incompetent rule the party.

As I said I'm Canadian and really have no dog in this fight other than how it affects cross-border trade and commerce.This is just an outsiders view, one who is not partisan regarding policy or politics in the US With that said... I must say your government is severely broken and if you want a functioning country going forward you better get your thumbs out and make intelligent choices next Fall. The decisions and votes you make affect not only the US but the entire planet.

<<   2  3 >>

join