It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you like it you can keep it." Obama & whitehouse.gov lie still up to view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm betting that soon we may see some more creative editing of facts from this administration. It's obvious that he was misquoted, and we need to update the website to reflect what he really meant to say.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

I am quite sure there is some valid explanation for the "typo's" on the web site. I'm betting that some deranged liar got that put in there to trick people into believing it was true.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Facebook AND Savage Garden?

Best to crop photos so people don't know your evil ways!

Do you have a link to the page on the website? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
edit on 6-11-2013 by ManOfHart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

superman2012
reply to post by Lipton

Facebook AND Savage Garden?

Best to crop photos so people don't know your evil ways!

Do you have a link to the page on the website? Thanks!

Here's your link - whitehouse.gov

As for the Savage Garden, blame that on my wife. I'm from the Sound Garden era. I made the mistake of bagging a young'un

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama isn't canceling anyone's policies, so why the hell are people blaming him?? He didn't plan for anyone to get cancelled, but don't let reality get in the way.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

CB328
Obama isn't canceling anyone's policies, so why the hell are people blaming him?? He didn't plan for anyone to get cancelled, but don't let reality get in the way.

Is this another one of those things that Obama shouldn't be held accountable for because of: insert reason here? Sorry, but this is Obama's baby and it is because of this that these people are losing their current policies, so yes he is very much to blame.

You can sit here and get into all the circular arguments that you would like, but they will all lead back to the same cause and that is your messiah.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

CB328

The fact is that he and his ilk disgorged this festering mess from their collective posteriors, therefore he and the rest of those that seek to rectally rape middle America own it outright. Admit it, you long ago threw you lot in with this conniving, ass of a man who only seeks to please his ego and his constituency which is comprised of eaters and breeders, self-hating white people and other counter cultures that refuse to get over their delicate feelings, grow up, put on their big boy pants, assimilate and join the rest of the contributing members of society.

I wonder which category you fall under?

The only defense you can offer in rebuttal is to stutter, stammer and cry racism. I refuse to allow your blatant and willful ignorance to pass without taking the time to point out that not only are you wrong, but that you are also taking part in the usurpation of American greatness by proxy. High-Five.

Now go dance somewhere else, puppet.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

CB328

On more than one occasion I heard him say,
"If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it, period."
"If you like your doctor, you can keep them, period."
"If you like your insurance plan, you can keep it, period....end-of-story"

Now, last I checked a "period" end a sentence, meaning there is NO MORE left to say. Also, the phrase "end-of-story" means END OF STORY, NO MORE TO ADD.

So, tell me, Mr. Obama apologist, where in these 3 sentences does it say expect polices to be canceled so you no longer have a policy you like or possibly a doctor you've had and trust with YOUR HEALTH for years? If his intent was as you say, then THAT should have been in the law from day one....clearly outlined that policies that do not adhere to the rules, will NOT be up for cancellation, and subject to legal penalties. Please, show me in that thousands of pages of legislation that NOBODY was allowed to read before signing it into law where it clarifies this, considering the president made a repeated point to make this claim on no less than 22 occasions over the years. Since you are making the claim, the burden of proof is upon your shoulders my friend.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Sadly the reality is ugly and hard to grasp specially if you are somebody that are in favor of ACA.

ACA is president's Obama legacy and the reason insurance companies are cancelling millions of insurance, while Obama promised that you could keep your insurance policies among many other things, he forgot to safeguard those under insurance from being drop out of the policies when the ACA first implementation started on OCT. 1.

Yes he is at fault.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

In addition, let's say for the sake of argument, this was a salesman selling an insurance product to the population of the United States. The salesman repeatedly tells you your existing plans will not be canceled if you sign this contract (that you are not allowed to read). You sign this contract (or others sign it for you to be exact). Then months later, BAM you get a letter in the mail from that insurance agency that not only has your existing policy been canceled, but the nearest comparable policy costs 200% more per month, and does not cover the same things, oh, and your low co-pay you had is now in the thousands of dollars. Then, at the end, it says that if you do not choose one of these new plans, you will be charged a penalty, or have your tax returns garnished based upon the percentage of your annual income.

Now, I think the FTC would be happy to open a false advertising and racketeering lawsuit against said insurance company. SO, why is the reality any different and not be bound by these same rules.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, Mr. Obama was the chief salesman for this plan...he alone stood in front of millions of people and, yes, LIED to them. It was a lie. Let me say it again, it was a LIE, a falsehood, deception, false advertising, and a falsification.

Accept it brother....come out of the darkness, open thine eyes and see the light.
Walk in the knowledge of truth.
Deny Ignorance.

edit on 11/6/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Apparently he felt that after the elections all promises were meant to be broken.

change.gov

I guess the only change we could count on was him changing his position and deciding that Americans are far too stupid to choose an insurance plan that fits their needs/budget.

No, we need an omnipotent overlord to tell us what we need.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

CB328

Obama knew

It's in the law itself

They changed the grandfather parameters in the regulations

AND......They were *Warned*

Senate Democrats Killed Obamacare Grandfather Fix in 2010

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

CB328

Actually he is. If premiums increase to match inflation adjustments your policy is cancelled. In direct violation of this ...

Nothing in the proposal forces anyone to change the insurance they have. Period.

Which is why he now adds the caveat of, unless your policy changes. Well, do you expect insurance plans to keep the same premiums for life? Did Obama not say back in 2010 he knew about this and would fix it? Why didn't he?

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare

www.forbes.com... acare/

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is ALL I gotta say:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

HomerinNC
This is ALL I gotta say:

Gotta be a hoax. My Obama would never lie to me. Believe, Hope, Change! Anything else I am missing?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I wish the majority of the US population would make him be held accountable for his lies.

Sadly, it won't happen.

new topics

top topics

join