It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is SOL system part of a Constellation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
If so which one?

It is an uneasy question to answer, but 1 was just wondering if ANY had a clue if the STAR SOL and its SOLar system was part of a Constellation group.

Imaginations welcome.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Depends who's close enough to see it and decides it makes a shape. with other stars..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Seeing as a constellation is something made up, sure.

If some race can see our star out there, it might be part of their mythos of stars, or it could just be a random one, we'd never know though.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I understand your point benrl. 1 just ask since there is so much significance tied to them and Astrology here with birth signs and all that it was considered if there was a constellation group SOL was part of.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sol is probably part of many constellations. Which one depends on where you are viewing it from. From the correct position in space, Sol would probably give Orion one big popping eye, from another it might appear to be a gnat buzzing around the tail of Taurus.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sure we are...If someone is looking at us from somewhere.
and would all be relative to their point of view.

To some, we might be The armpit of a mighty warrior.
To others elsewhere in the galaxy, we could be the tip of the fang of whatever creature freaks them out on camping trips.

Or perhaps we are the pearl of an irritated shellfish...If they have shellfish...I like to think there is seafood out there.

Depends on how it all lines up, to the viewer..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm sure the Pleiadians call us the "Iluvlucieheilhitlerthephantomknows" Constellation in honor of our earlier broadcasts.

The Gomers on Betelgeuse call us the 'Chaos & Trouble' Constellation ever since that burst of radioactive static they noted dating from 1945...

Word has it that except for some Intrepid Explorers from certain odd civilizations in need of DNA samples and Candid Camera shots of hapless human specimens (they're very popular in certain kinds of taverns as evening entertainment), the rest of the Galaxies avoid us at all cost. We're considered heavy with cooties.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The Vagabond, location & perspective do play a large part in the description 1 agrees. Would be interesting if with use of current EA*RTH star charts some close data could be compiled. Thanks for taking time to add

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ophiuchus 13
If so which one?

It is an uneasy question to answer, but 1 was just wondering if ANY had a clue if the STAR SOL and its SOLar system was part of a Constellation group.

Imaginations welcome.

NAMASTE*******

Well, not an Earth based or developed constellation.

But who knows who may be looking this way?

Or what they're thinking or seeing...

Interesting question...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
www.astro.wisc.edu...

These are our closest neighbors. Some say Sirius system because on New years day, midnight, when the sun is directly beneath us, Sirius is directly overhead. But there are others.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Found this interesting. Our solar systems nose points at Scorpio.

This one is bizarre,

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

The Sun does not belong to any constellation. This is because our Earth goes around the Sun. As a result, the Sun moves in the sky relative to the other stars.

Trying to make sense of this. Because our planet orbits our star, our star can't be a part of a constellation? Not logical. And then, the sun moves relative to other stars, (roger that!), but the implication is this is a result of earth orbiting the sun???? It doesn't compute.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here we seem to be a part of outer arm of Orion?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
For the EePork!7, we appear to be a dropping falling from the cloaca of the mighty Zarphus. So, yes, we are an important part of their mythos.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

spacedoubt

Depends on how it all lines up, to the viewer..

Indeed
@ times 1 thinks of the zodiac signs and how they can and do relate to behaviors here with some. This is what takes 1z consciousness off world at times for how did "they" know how some would feel act behave in relation to the STAR configurations seen from EA*RTH perspective.
So 1 wondered is there a more advanced chart from "they" who introduced the current to EA*RTH inhabitants where SOL is part of that say is related to other behaviors elsewhere. Thanks for your time spacedoubt

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Unity_99

The Sun does not belong to any constellation. This is because our Earth goes around the Sun. As a result, the Sun moves in the sky relative to the other stars.

Trying to make sense of this. Because our planet orbits our star, our star can't be a part of a constellation? Not logical. And then, the sun moves relative to other stars, (roger that!), but the implication is this is a result of earth orbiting the sun???? It doesn't compute.

It makes perfect sense.

Ok, a constellation is an imaginary image formed by stars. They really don't make a picture. They are not related to each other in any way. Seeing patterns in noise is one of those things you get with a stochastic processing system such as you have for vision.

That said, by definition, a constellation is an image formed by stars. When the Sun's up, you're not only not going to SEE any other stars, but if you could, the Sun would be wheeling through the entire sky as the day progressed. Thus it would not be part of any fixed set of stars forming an imaginary image.

Their statement is made from the point of view of someone on Earth, and it's true, unless you want to make up a single star constellation called "The Eye of Sauron" or something, and have the Sun be that.

From the sensor-point of the EePOrkians, Sol is a fixed star in their sky, and it's a bright dropping from the cloaca of Zarphus.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Very interesting input on OTHERS potential outlooks on humanity signalfire...
The "Iluvlucieheilhitlerthephantomknows" Constellation related to early EA*RTH broadcasting gave 1 a smile
Thanks

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I tried to help you out . I searched google for 10 minutes looking for the constellation that SOL belongs to.

I stopped when I read that constellations are a 2 dimensional view of a 3 dimensional space.

There could actually be more than 1 billion different types of constellations of SOL and other neighboring stars. It all matters where the 4d point in space and time you are.

So to conclude , our constellation might as well be called. "Vansetta" .

It is the first word that came to my mind, so I figured I would be first to name it. Copyright 11/06/13.

edit on 6-11-2013 by ManOfHart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Riffrafter

Well, not an Earth based or developed constellation.

That is where the "they" sharing Astrological data here comes to 1z mind Riffrafter, for is it REALLY all EA*RTH based information or something more distant related?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I understand it was all relative as its patterns we see ,but we're traveling through different sectors of space, so from our perspective we don't. However from the perspective of another in one of the other sectors, we would.

It was the wording that was really odd. Was not worded clearly and said something that seemed very earth centric, as if it was earth that directed the sun. Just silly wording.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thanks
Unity_99 for providing some STAR chart data to help the minds to try and visualize...

@The Sun does not belong to any constellation. This is because our Earth goes around the Sun. As a result, the Sun moves in the sky relative to the other stars.

1 also felt this statement may require more observation from the sharer of this data because I was thinking the same thing as I read it, perhaps the writer may have an issue SEEing from a further out perspective and realizing the STARS not planets activities make up the Constellations why also ignoring how the Astrological data @ times reflects on personalities here of some. 1 appreciates you taking time to add the informative Cosmic data you provided.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Interesting Bedlam very interesting...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join