It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Also what is this site? Anything important?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
starbase.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Mod Note]
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

- a brief description
- a link and short quote
- YOUR thoughts, comments or opinion on the matter.

edit on 6/11/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Look's like a backup repository of NASA data.

Various satellites, etc
edit on 11/6/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Luuke123

Hey, OP.

I'm guessing you found this while researching 'that other site' ? (cough)

I say this, because I stumbled upon something similar.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Now, this is interesting!

NASA's Planetary Data System Backup Repository.

There is a TON of stuff here...a lot more than just satellite data. I'm looking thru some Clementine mission stuff now. Incredible...so much more than just pics...

S&F!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

iunlimited491

Hey, OP.

I'm guessing you found this while researching 'that other site' ? (cough)

I say this, because I stumbled upon something similar.

Similar??

Care to share?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

while digging around through things containing #xxxxxxxxx, (mystery-site)
- one of the pages I found was a starbase.jpl URL.

Edit: It was this;

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov...

But now it says 'page not found'.

Google '231134421 starbase' and you'll see what I'm talking about.
edit on 6-11-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Interesting. I was just looking at some text and doc files on previous missions to Venus and Hailey's comet and the payloads that were released into Venus' atmosphere. I believe the major backer was Russian at the time with help from other agencies.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

iunlimited491

while digging around through things containing #xxxxxxxxx, (mystery-site)
- one of the pages I found was a starbase.jpl URL.

Edit: It was this;

starbase.jpl.nasa.gov...

But now it says 'page not found'.

Google '231134421 starbase' and you'll see what I'm talking about.
edit on 6-11-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

This gets curiouser & curiouser...

Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Cmon guys... You are just wasting your time with this. It's all just a viral marketing campaign. Anyone can see that because the mods told us. Except they aren't allowed to tell us what product is being marketed or what company is.behind it. They are only allowed to tell us to shut up about it... Only a paranoid person with multitudes of psychiatric disorders would be enticed to look into it any furth- oh, times up, I gotta go take me meds now! Weeeeheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

3n19m470
Cmon guys... You are just wasting your time with this. It's all just a viral marketing campaign. Anyone can see that because the mods told us. Except they aren't allowed to tell us what product is being marketed or what company is.behind it. They are only allowed to tell us to shut up about it... Only a paranoid person with multitudes of psychiatric disorders would be enticed to look into it any furth- oh, times up, I gotta go take me meds now! Weeeeheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

I think you're a little confused.

The first site the OP posted in another thread was an official gov't site showing all of the donors to Obama's re-election campaign as collected by the Federal Elections Commission.

The second site referenced in this OP is an official NASA site containing a ton a data and info regarding their Planetary Data missions. Not sure how they're linked, but my guess is the OP found this one as a result of info in the first one. It's actually a very cool site and a treasure trove of info for those interested.

The fact that one of the posters here was directed to that same NASA site (although the link didn't work) as a result of searching for info received from yet another unrelated thread was a curious & funky coincidence that he thought worth mentioning. This thread is not about the mystery site.

[Sigh]....after re-reading your post I can now see you were teasing and making a point.

Please shoot me...

Got any more of those meds?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is new today (sixteen hours ago)...claiming to be from the be ready site's original owner:
douseewhateyec.blogspot.com...

???

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I stumbled upon these sites when typing this into google - dfs'sdihsdfoy I was curious as to anyone knew what they were because of what appeared to be bank transactions coded, as if that was a section of the code i typed in.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Luuke123

I stumbled upon these sites when typing this into google - dfs'sdihsdfoy I was curious as to anyone knew what they were because of what appeared to be bank transactions coded, as if that was a section of the code i typed in.

This is the site www.sec.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Also you are correct, i am not sure of the relation of the sites in the key search.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's labeled at the top of that page what it is. It is the backup repository web page for the main Planetary Data System (PDS) webpage.

The main PDS webpage itself is an online archive of data from NASA missions that can be used by scientists. It's a way of putting much of the data a researcher might need in one place, provides ways for researchers to get help in understanding that data, and provides a way for those researchers to order additional data.

So the main PDS website is a NASA clearinghouse to be used by researchers who want tho gather data on NASA missions for research purposes, and the website in the OP is a backup to that main website, just with the main website's data folders.

Here is a link to the main (non-backup) site:
Planetary Data Systems

About the PDS
Overview

The Planetary Data System (PDS) is an archive of data products from NASA planetary missions, which is sponsored by NASA's Science Mission Directorate. We actively manage the archive to maximize its usefulness, and it has become a basic resource for scientists around the world.

All PDS-produced products are peer-reviewed, well-documented, and easily accessible via a system of online catalogs that are organized by planetary disciplines...

...While most of our products can be ordered automatically, PDS provides teams of scientists to help users select and understand the data. We also offer special processing for products tailored to the needs of individual users.

The PDS repository does not have active mission data, just archive mission data, as the website explains here:

Though PDS does not fund the production of archive data from active missions, we work closely with project teams to help them design well-engineered products that can be released quickly.

edit on 11/8/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

join