It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad mouse and keyboard Lag in windows 8.1 anyone have a fix ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have an Acer W700 tablet with Core i5 processor and 250 gigabyte hard drive with windows 8. I upgraded to windows 8.1 yesterday and now i notice a very bad lag on the mouse and keyboard when running almost any programs, even google chrome lags very badly.

I was just hoping someone may know how to fix this problem. I have already installed all of Acers updated drivers but still has no effect.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

Dude....uninstall that crap...only solution.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

tadaman

Dude....uninstall that crap...only solution.

If I don't get help with it I will, I hate windows 8 but I don't want to spend the money for windows 7.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

well you could see what processes are eating up your memory and try to disable them...though you know windows...you cant really allocate resources as you would like.

Try disabling all the pretty graphic effects and use the classic everything.

You may want to try a memory optimizer.....and increasing your page file allocation.....other than that you just have to deal with the resource hog that is windows 8....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

tadaman

well you could see what processes are eating up your memory and try to disable them...though you know windows...you cant really allocate resources as you would like.

Try disabling all the pretty graphic effects and use the classic everything.

You may want to try a memory optimizer.....and increasing your page file allocation.....other than that you just have to deal with the resource hog that is windows 8....

I did all of that, plus the tablet has 4 gig of ram so memory is not a problem. It ran perfect on windows 8.0 so I may just revert back to that, and spend the 5 hours reinstalling my OS I just didnt want to spend the time.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I expected to come here and find a half-dozen Linux recommendations by now.

But yeah: Linux.

Everyone I know who has Windows 8 hates it. I think I've downgraded about 4 of them to Win7; probably another 4 or 5 I've installed Classic Menu because they couldn't be downgraded, and the users had to live with 8.

As for myself, I just replaced it with Linux.

For some reason Microsoft likes to design to the lowest common denominator. My advice to the lowest common denominator is this: If you idiots want a Mac—goddammit BUY A MAC!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Ex_CT2

Everyone I know who has Windows 8 hates it. I think I've downgraded about 4 of them to Win7; probably another 4 or 5 I've installed Classic Menu because they couldn't be downgraded, and the users had to live with 8.

For some reason Microsoft likes to design to the lowest common denominator. My advice to the lowest common denominator is this: If you idiots want a Mac—goddammit BUY A MAC!

yes that may be one thing I might do to, I looked at Ubuntu 13 today it looked pretty nice. I have put a classic start menu on my tablet as well and got it to boot to the desktop. I hate those goofy looking tiles.

Or better yet i can just do a dual boot system.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ex_CT2

How safe would it be to download a copy of Windows 7 form a torrent ? I have though of that as well but am so worried about viruses.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Try PB and read the replies....install it on a virtual machine and test it out.

OR

Get an activator and just use a legit copy......

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

tadaman

OR

Im doing some looking now seems to be tons of them on the TPB, I love that site.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

tadaman

OR

Thanks, my man. Now I don't have to say: "Well of course. Where'd you think I got it?"

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I had mouse lag and went to Control Panel/Power Options/Change Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings/USB Settings/USB Selective Suspend Settings and choose Disabled.
It worked for me!!
Just an option

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Plug an external mouse and keyboard in. If it works better, then my first guess is driver issues. Go to acers support site and see if they have 8.1 drivers and update. Reinstall because of a keyboard issue? Guess I am getting old.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Vertex
I had mouse lag and went to Control Panel/Power Options/Change Plan Settings/Change Advanced Power Settings/USB Settings/USB Selective Suspend Settings and choose Disabled.
It worked for me!!
Just an option

Thanks, it seems better I changed some other power settings as well since it is a blue tooth mouse and not a USB mouse I forgot to mention that. now It only works better when its plugged in so it has to be a power issue in win 8.1. since I only use the mouse and keyboard when it is plugged in I guess it wont be an issue.
thank you

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have the same unit/issue. I found the culprit to be the MEMS Enhancement Utility
To disable:
Open Task Scheduler
Click Task Scheduler Library
Right-Click MEMs_Schedule and disable
Restart

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It looks like the keyboard and mouse connect to the tablet via bluetooth.
Check if you have the most current Bluetooth driver.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
If you have Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft authorizes you to downgrade to Windows 7 Pro. If you really need a ISO CD PM me. I'll share it from my Google Drive.

MS Downgrade Rights

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lobograndemalo
If you have Windows 8 Pro, Microsoft authorizes you to downgrade to Windows 7 Pro. If you really need a ISO CD PM me. I'll share it from my Google Drive.

MS Downgrade Rights

I got this same issue with studdering and lagging on my new Asus Windows 7 Pro...ugh

installed drivers for the previous mouse from the old machine which worked fine without a hitch then, so I suspect it's windows...still ..

Super new to Windows 7 ...so I'm inidated with trying to find out where everything went to from XP LOL.. ugh!

any suggestions how to go to all classic ... I selected No Areo Themes but the mouse is still laggy ....

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: happycamper304
I have the same unit/issue. I found the culprit to be the MEMS Enhancement Utility
To disable:
Open Task Scheduler
Click Task Scheduler Library
Right-Click MEMs_Schedule and disable
Restart

not sure what you mean by Task Scheduler...

??

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

all is well..here was my fix for the win7 pro mouse studdering / lag issue...yea...leave it to windows...but here it goes..

~installed the exact driver for the mouse from MS site
~moved the USB wireless connector to the front USB 3.0 connection ..
~~~windows found the H/W and installed the driver
~Rebooted

~FIXED....

yeah....so far still good..not sure if it was the USB or Windows reinstalled the driver that did the trick but, yeah...had nothing to do with themes (that I know of, could have but doubt it)

top topics

join