It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silk Road 2.0, and My Conspiracy Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Source..

Just five weeks after the shutdown of the Silk Road and the arrest of the man who allegedly ran it, the world's most notorious Internet black marketplace for drugs and other contraband is back online. There's a new Dread Pirate Roberts (the pseudonym and title by which the site's administrator is known), and he has already made some serious changes to the site.

The news arrived via several avenues, most surprisingly from a public Twitter account that appears to genuinely belong to the new head of the Silk Road operation. It announced that the site was live at about noon ET and shortly after reported seeing 1,000 connections per second.

Ok, so i have been thinking this for awhile but this confirms my theory. This guy they caught was a patsy setup by the real owners of the Silk Road, whos net worth is now in the 100's of millions. Considering they probably, with my estimation have about 900,000+ coins and the fact that they have increased in value 170$+ since the bust.

How possible is it that the original owners set this guy up and are responsible for the new site?

Oh and by the way bitcoins are worth over 250 each now.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Great find!

I believe the "authorities" or TPTB (pick your poison) were also hoping to stomp Bitcoin into the ground or at least severely damage it. In a surprise move, things didn't play out quite the way they expected.

I hate it when that happens...

ETA - S&F for the OP and your Bitcoins...
edit on 11/6/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
OR.... has it reopened as a sting operation?

Who knows who is really running things?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Exactly. I wont be touching it with a 911 ft pole.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They could open it back up as a sting operation, maybe they are trying to figure out a way to trace bitcoins back to the original owner.

Those bitcoins are still owned by the owner, its about 5% of the market. Bitcoins are going to SOAR, im guessing 500 a coin in the near future.

However there are many alternatives, so i dont know.... are they using this to figure out how to shut bitcoins down? From my estimates of the daily volume of coins and the amount of coins used daily on the silk road, its only a very small percentage of the market.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

onequestion

They could open it back up as a sting operation, maybe they are trying to figure out a way to trace bitcoins back to the original owner.

Those bitcoins are still owned by the owner, its about 5% of the market. Bitcoins are going to SOAR, im guessing 500 a coin in the near future.

However there are many alternatives, so i dont know.... are they using this to figure out how to shut bitcoins down? From my estimates of the daily volume of coins and the amount of coins used daily on the silk road, its only a very small percentage of the market.

I think Bitcoins scare the bejesus out of a lot of very powerful people & governments.

Imagine, a democratic, non debt-based currency that is beholden to no country or borders, no Fed board of governors, no global bankers, etc and you get a sense of why.

They'll never admit the extent of their fear though. Instead, they'll attack it from other angles...as they are already doing.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I am so efing pissed i sold at 140

Damn.. lol

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

underduck

Exactly. I wont be touching it with a 911 ft pole.

BMR seems like the new Silk Road. They're more secure and have a similar market. There's no way I would trust Silk Road now. There's just no telling whose really in charge of it.

new topics

top topics

join