Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Madeleine McCann: " . . . the very thing that sets you free."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The subject matter of this thread has been nagging my conscience for a long time now. I have felt an obligation to write the following.

In a case as serious as the Madeleine McCann case, loose ends can be very aggravating. The lady in the photo below can clearly see that the loose end she has hold of is connected to something important and can act accordingly. The loose ends in the McCann case are more difficult to evaluate.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are numerous oddities, loose ends if you will, in the case of the missing Madeleine McCann. An intriguing one is the blue kit bag that was photographed in a closet in Kate and Gerry McCann's bedroom, after the disappearance of Madeleine, and then mysteriously disappeared, itself. What was in it?

There are other oddities and inconsistancies, loose ends, in various witness statements. Inconsistancies that Scotland Yard has not seen fit to examine carefully, to my knowledge. These were drawn to the attention of the McCanns in a report they received from Oakley Investigations in 2008, accompanied by a recommendation that these inconsistancies be resolved.

Then there is the story that appeared on the Telegraph website at midnight of the night that Madeleine disappeared containing an alert from the Foreign Office of the girl's disappearance, an endorsement of the parent's behavior and no description of the missing girl.

Another loose end is the cadaver dog indications, which have been set aside, apparently, by Scotland Yard, with no explanation as to why. Would a wonky dog and a wonky handler be so consistent in finding the scent of death only on objects and in places associated with the McCanns? Surely a wonky dog would be alerting everywhere. Eddie wasn't wonky. I can't speak for the handler.

Much of what has come from the mouths of Kate and Gerry McCann strikes me as self serving blather designed to encourage the belief that Kate and Gerry were not negligent in looking after their children and that they are indomitably caring and diligent searchers for their missing daughter and last but certainly not least, that Gerry is such a caring and indomitably diligent individual that there is absolutely no question in the world but that he should be allowed to keep his job as a doctor.

From an informed point of view, it appears that very little was actually done by Kate and Gerry to ensure the return of Madeleine. Overruling the police in order to publicize her coloboma was almost certainly a death sentence to the child if she were actually still alive in the hands of an abductor as the parents maintained.

I have looked at this case carefully for some time now and discussed these things in detail in different threads. Most of the loose ends appear to put Kate and Gerry McCann in a very bad light. The one I am going to discuss next has that same bad effect at first glance but when looked at more deeply, actually has the opposite effect, shining a favorable light on Madeleine's parents.

I'm referring to the story told by Kate McCann about the "jemmied shutters".

The entire story told by Kate and Gerry has been told to convince people that Madeleine is alive and that they, the parents, were not negligent. The opposite is true in my opinion. I believe Madeleine is dead and I believe the parents were negligent . . . but there is a very small chance that Kate and Gerry were not directly responsible for her death.

In this clip Kate talks about the moment she discovered that Madeleine was missing.

Here in the first minute and a half of the video is another version of the same moment.

The two versions are different, but in any case, I don't believe either one. My own opinion is that the story of the window having been open is not true and was concocted to protect Kate and Gerry from a charge of keeping a poor watch on the side of the appartment facing the tapas bar where they were eating on the evening Madeleine's disappearance was announced.

The shutters on the window in the children's bedroom are the famous "jemmied shutters" that Gerry's sister Philomena referred to and that Kate herself spoke of to fill in the story of an intruder entering from the side of the apartment which could not be seen by people in the Tapas bar.

The problem is that a forensic examination of the shutters by the police found no signs of forced entry.

It was and probably still is the view of the Policia Judiciaria that the shutters had not been "jemmied" and that since only Kate's fingerprints were found on the window, it was likely that the window and the shutter had been opened from the inside by Kate. The police view was that a "scene" had been staged to make an intruder entry through the window of the children's bedroom seem to be the correct interpretation of what happened when Madeleine was "taken".

Some people believe that Madeleine died on the day before her disappearance was announced by Kate McCann. The blogger, Johanna, at the Unterdenteppichgekehrt (Sweptunderthecarpet) blog has done a painstaking reconstruction of the timeline leading up to Kate's announcment and is convinced that Madeleine's death was concealed for over 24 hours before it was announced.

unterdenteppichgekehrt.blogspot.ca...

Her reconstruction is contradicted by at least one of the rogatory statements given by someone who worked at the children's creche at the Ocean Club, who says she saw Madeleine with Gerry on May 3, the day she is popularly believed to have gone missing.

Johanna, the blogger, does not believe this woman is accurate in her statement. She also believes that statements made by some other witnesses to activities around this time are inaccurate and could undoubtedly be broken down on the witness stand in court.

The problem I have, with an alleged plan by Kate and Gerry McCann to conceal responsibility for the death of Madeleine and responsibility for her disappearance involves the obviously suspicious story of the "jemmied shutters" that were not, in fact, "jemmied".

The jemmied shutters story is so unbelievable and so poorly put together that it is hard to accept it as part of a story planned in advance. Surely someone who was staging a scene to mislead the police, involving "jemmied shutters" would take the trouble to actually jemmy the shutters.

I know I would.

A person in a desperate panic, who has just found that due to her own incredible irresponsibility and that of her husband, her child is missing, on the other hand, might blurt out any sort of poorly thought out exculpatory lie. Is that what Kate did?

If so, wouldn't that sort of lie actually indicate that on the most important issue, planning and carrying out the removal of Madeleine from the apartment where she probably died, Kate and Gerry might very well be innocent?

There is a great line from the movie The Serpent and the Rainbow about Haitian voodoo where a Haitian says to the American ethnobotanist investigating zombification,

"It is a frightening thing, blanc, when you can no longer tell the difference between good and evil, but it is the very thing that sets you free."
edit on 6-11-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

s Kudos for your research. Theres always been something very odd about this little girls disappearance. Not much else to say, sorry its v late here. s and f.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

McCaan aside.. there is no way that woman (or any person really) could outrun a Komodo. She dumb.

Also Serpent and the Rainbow is one of my favorite films.
edit on 6-11-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i remember hearing at the time of all this odd statements about blood in the boot of a rental car and a taxi driver saying he picked up people with a young girl and took them up a country road but he managed to see she had a blemish in her eye ? odd i thought but quite a few children have gone missing there over the years it stated somewhere more confused than ever that kate and gerry can get a book stopped from sale yet david icke can slag the queen off and get away with it

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Brent Jennings played Louis Mozart, the person in the movie who said the line I quoted.

Bill Pullman and Zakes Mokae are also outstanding in the movie. After I saw it, I thought that Pullman was on his way to becoming a huge star. I'm a big fan of his. Mokae, of course is a South African stage legend and was great in his part in the movie.

I saw it in the theatre when it came out and I don't think there is a complete version of it available any more. A DVD I saw had been cut. The scene where the "Red Sect" decapitated a woman had been removed.

It's a great movie. The book, by Wade Davis is very different from the movie, but is also great.

They must have bribed the Komodo somehow.

edit on 6-11-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I think the taxi driver story has been pretty much discredited, but may be being given another look by Scotland Yard. The PJ checked out a lot of leads that they rejected for one reason or another and were then accused of not following up on them. To be understood, this case really has to be studied carefully.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Agreed, there has always been something very odd about the McCann's behaviour in this whole affair.

I mean, the simple fact alone that according to their story they left 3 very small children alone in a holiday home and went off out for a meal is negligent in itself. I wouldn't leave my three young children on their own, let alone in an unfamiliar location.

Though presumably if there was any actual evidence implicating them, they would have been charged a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I've always had a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach about this case.

Although i'm not sure if that feeling stems from feelings of astonisment that any parents could leave their 3 children, alone in a strange hotel apartment, in a strange country, or something much darker than simple neglect and irrisponsible parenting.

I have two kids, and know with certainty they would never be left alone if we were away from home or actually at home...you don't leave a couple of 2 year olds and a 3 year old alone...ever.

If they can't come with you, you don't go..whether that's a restuarant, a bar or the swimming pool..simple.

There is a sense i've always had that the McCan's are being evasive and deceitful...wasn't there small amounts of blood belonging to Madeleine found in the apartment? I only remember hearing this once, and didn't hear mention of it again...perhaps i missheard?

There are reports that Madeleine was 'playing up' the previous night (and 'spoiling' her parents fun evening) by crying and throwing a toddler tantrum...Gerry being a Doctor would have been able to sedate her if they didn't want a repeat performance the following night, the night she went missing.

Only speculation, but it is possible that Madeleine was accidentally killed either in a fit of rage at having played up and ruining her parents night (i know, i know), got a hard slap from one of the parents and perhaps hit her head on something (something perhaps in the blue bag?) accidentally killing her?

Another thing that doesn't make ANY sense to me...Kate says she discovered Madeleine was not in bed, nor in her parents bed and the window was open 'She knew she had been taken' she said right?

OK..now, as she says the feelings of panic and dread began to build and she left the apartment, went down the steps and towards the Tapas bar and shouted to her friends...now, one question...if you had indeed thought someone had climbed in through an open, ground floor window and snatched your child..would you have left the apartment without grabbing your twin 2 year olds asleep in the same room the other child had supposedly been snatched from, perhaps only minutes earlier?!

THAT doesn't make ANY sense to me, at all.

I would have scooped the pair of them up, and then rushed out to yell for the others to come and help...she didn't know if the intruder was even still in the apartment or not, yet left the remaining two kids alone, again, in an apartment that she herself says she 'knew' Madeleine had just been taken from?

Would you leave them?

There's more to this case than appear i feel...however proof seems to be a little on the thin side.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

what does the "the very thing to set you free" mean?

???? Your title is confusing.

kudos for the research.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

To charge the McCanns and make the charges stick all the police have to do is prove that one important element of their story did not happen as they said it did.

I say this because a lot of their behavior appears to be consistent with a cover up of something.

Taking the news story that appeared on the Telegraph newspaper website at midnight May 3/4 as an example. If the police looked into how that story got placed and found out that the Foreign Office were alerted to the fact that Madeleine McCann was missing before 10:00 PM the evening of May 3, 2007, it would mean that Kate and Gerry's whole story was false.

They have wired themselves into a well "massaged", and I use the term advisedly, version of events. The problem is that if one part of the story is proved different, the whole story falls apart.

I think they did this to avoid charges of neglect and that possibly their guilt goes no further. They are in a precarious position. If the police catch them out in even one important deception, they will be in big trouble.

The police are in a good position in this investigation because of the story the McCanns and their Tapas friends have locked themselves into.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Thurisaz

what does the "the very thing to set you free" mean?

???? Your title is confusing.

". . . the very thing that sets you free" is from the quote at the end of the post.

In the movie it refers to the liberating power of evil. My point is that Kate's story about the shutters can be seen as a lie from one point of view and therefore evil, but in a larger context might actually be the very thing that sets the McCanns free because someone who had planned in advance to deceive the police would probably not tell such an inept lie.
edit on 7-11-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Painterz
Though presumably if there was any actual evidence implicating them, they would have been charged a long time ago.

There is a lot of circumstantial evidence that puts the McCanns in a very bad light, but no actual hard evidence that contradicts their story decisively. It might be out there but the police haven't turned it up yet.

The sniffer dog indications on the rental car are very serious but not decisive for technical/legal reasons. All the dog indications are intriguing but not decisive.

What might be decisive would be catching the McCanns out in a serious deviation from the truth in their story.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I remember reading recently that they had seen a man carrying a sleeping child in pj's around 9-10pm, he was later ruled out as it was said that he was carrying his own child back from the hotel complex creche.

What struck me when reading this was the fact that the hotel complex had creche facilities until late at night, so why on earth were the McCanns not using these facilities if they were available?

Does anyone know many details about this creche and the times they opened and closed?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Unless it was an intelligent double bluff, designed to deliberately elicit that line of thinking...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yes.

Or it could simply be a matter of "D'oh, I forgot to jemmy the bloody shutters."

Applying rational analysis to the activities of criminals is not an infallible procedure because very often, for a variety of reasons, criminals act irrationally.

The important thing about the news story on the Telegraph website is that it is one of the very few elements of this story that is precisely timed. It therefore becomes a benchmark that all other elements of the story must conform to.

The police absolutely must trace the timeline of the genesis of that story in every detail.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Three year-old feared abducted in Portugal

By staff and agencies

12:01AM BST 04 May 2007

. . .

A three-year-old British girl has gone missing while on a family holiday in Portugal, the Foreign Office said today.

Portuguese police are investigating the disappearance from a holiday complex in Praia da Luz in the western Algarve.

A Foreign Office spokesman said that he understood the girl's parents had gone to have dinner once their children were asleep last night, but returned to check on them only to find the girl had gone missing.

"They reported it straight away," he said, adding that consular assistance was being offered.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ah the McCann's, the good Doctors. The poor parents who obviously felt that it was more important to dine with adult company than consider the welfare of their children. If they had been a working class couple, I'm suggesting public sympathy would not exist.

There are an awful lot of discrepancies in the story we have been told, that I'm surprised Scotland Yard have decided to get involved in this.

I read that the McCann's used sedatives on the children in order to ensure they didn't wake up and disturb their adult gatherings of an evening. Could it be that Madeline was given an accidental overdose?

I truly hope that whoever was involved in this mystery is brought to justice soon, but I have a feeling this case will never be resolved. I do hope I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

If you are interested in details involving the crèche, I would strongly recommend reading the "theory" section on the Unterdenteppichgekehrt blog which is linked earlier in the thread. Johanna the blogger at that site has done a great job of piecing together details of movements related to the children's outings and the crèche.

The PJ's files on the case, online, are also a source of information.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Your views are shared by many.

There is a video on YouTube of Gerry looking very awkward as he denies giving the children any sort of sedative.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They asked for the dogs to be brought in. Then discredited them saying the dogs made a mistake. The dogs went crazy when they neared the hire car. Also indicating that a corpse was in their apartment and also in the garden outside the room. I dont get it how so many people seemed to be on their side, people like gordon brown. Plus the massive PR blitz in their favor. Some thing does not seem right to me.

Any one else who had left their children in a unlocked flat abroad, would have been crucified by the press. Imagine some one who lived on a council estate, leaving her children unguarded in an unlocked flat whilst they went and got drunk with friends?
edit on 7-11-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-11-2013 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

illuminnaughty
They asked for the dogs to be brought in. Then discredited them saying the dogs made a mistake.

Did they actually ask for the dogs themselves or were the dogs offered by police in the UK? I think in the early days of the investigation the Policia Judiciaria refused the loan of the dogs and refused help from the UK police.

The dogs went crazy when they neared the hire car. Also indicating that a corpse was in their apartment and also in the garden outside the room.

Yes. the dogs gave several alerts and very importantly were completely consistent in their alerts. The consistency is the most important point.

By the same token, everything Gerry McCann has said about sniffer dogs is correct. People don't like to acknowledge it but experts in the field are very cognizent of the limitations of sniffer dog indications. My thread, Madeleine McCann: Vector Addition discusses this issue in the course of a long thread on the case.

I dont get it how so many people seemed to be on their side, people like gordon brown. Plus the massive PR blitz in their favor. Some thing does not seem right to me.

You are not alone there.

Any one else who had left their children in a unlocked flat abroad, would have been crucified by the press. Imagine some one who lived on a council estate, leaving her children unguarded in an unlocked flat whilst they went and got drunk with friends?

I hear ya. You have to remember of course that Kate and Gerry did sue and receive a very large settlement from at least one newspaper that questioned their story. Libel fright does play a part in the way press coverage has gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join