It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story of my best friend whom was dying until he took an underground cure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
You may not be lying, but they sure did. No one under quarantine goes home. Anyone with an illness with a 100% mortality rate most certainly would not be allowed to go free to infect others. Sounds like they needed an excuse for some reason and went big on it ... or you are lying. One or the other. Let us know what the disease was when you find out.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

AmberLeaf
Your friend sounds like an idiot...taking random medication off of a random person and taking it?? Either your friend is stupid or the story is fabricated, im going with fabricated.

So, if you were told you were going to die, and a random person offers you some strange medication and tells you it will cure you, you are stupid if you take it?

I guess you think the wise thing to do if you are told you are going to die is accept it...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
What...

There are so many holes in this story! Not a single bit of this is believable.

If your friend had survived a life threatening disease, you wouldn't be confused as to whether or not it was Swine Flu or H1N1 (in this case it's both, haha). You would know exactly what your "friend" had, especially something that serious.

Then out of the blue a random man gives him a bag of "drugs" (...whatever the hell that means) that somehow worked out perfectly for his illness. Then he starts to conveniently rant about the government, and how they're suppressing his "methods".

Sorry, not buying this crap. Take it to the story telling forum or better yet Reddit (they'll probably buy into it).
edit on 7-11-2013 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I don't normally remember terminologies like these. If someone I knew was dying of this or that, I wouldn't remember the terminology years later. I've known people in my family that have had a disease or another and I can't remember what they are. I really don't care to remember the names. Anyhow, there's no hole in the story. He was allowed to go home, it's not a city it's a town, and he was given the medicine by some stranger. He was hesitant to take it but he decided to try it because there's no reason not to if he was going to die anyways. Whenever there's a story that is hard to believe, people will start gouging it at every possible angle they can, no matter how legitimate it is. I have no reason to make this up, and I certainly don't care about the attention. I was merely curious about whether or not someone else has had that experience before or if it has been heard of. I can attest that he was not lying and he has no reason to lie considering his family was crying and I was involved in the whole ordeal. Do you really believe that everywhere in the world, they follow the same set of rules that your hospital/country does? No. But I sure am glad he was given that option because that option saved his life.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Anyhow, there's no hole in the story.

I wasn't going chime in but now if you could explain these holes and show how they are not holes in your story it would be much appreciated.

Nobody knows who that guy was, or where he came from but my best friend lives to this day knowing that some random stranger saved his life. I'm pretty sure he said it was SARS which is H1N1 right? However the strangest part is how some random guy approached him with a cure. Why did he do that of all people? It doesn't make sense. He says that he talked more in depth with the guy about certain things involving the government but I won't try to repeat something that I don't remember word for word.

Read this and tell me its not Swiss cheese,

Nobody knows who the guy was but your friend had a more in depth talk with him?

Your friend was going home alone after being quarantined with a virus that will kill? no one was with him, no family members?

You wont try to repeat something that you don't remember yet you started this thread not remembering what the virus was and mixed up two totally different viruses and asked the readers to correct you, you couldn't Google H1N1 or SARS to maybe check to see what they are and if they fit?

Do you really believe that everywhere in the world, they follow the same set of rules that your hospital/country does? No. But I sure am glad he was given that option because that option saved his life.

Yes, and its not a belief when it comes to quarantine and deadly viruses,

there are organizations such a WHO and other similar organizations that monitor this and make preparations for any outbreaks

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
If I was on the verge of death and a stranger handed me a cure, I would consider taking it. What have I got to lose?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

AmberLeaf
Your friend sounds like an idiot...taking random medication off of a random person and taking it?? Either your friend is stupid or the story is fabricated, im going with fabricated.

So, if you were told you were going to die, and a random person offers you some strange medication and tells you it will cure you, you are stupid if you take it?

I guess you think the wise thing to do if you are told you are going to die is accept it...

Of course you are stupid to take strange medication off of a stranger, how is this concept so hard to grasp? You don't go around just consuming other people's drugs..do you?

If i were dying of an incurable, deadly virus, id not be allowed to wonder out, to the Psychiatric ward and take some random drugs off of someone who claims they are magic in some way. If i were given the opportunity, then clearly i wasn't dying of an incurable killer virus.

If you are told you are dying of a killer virus that has no cure i don't think taking random crap would cross many peoples minds. If the medical field has failed you, then its highly doubtful a random person on the street, having no knowledge of your medical history, could possibly give you anything that could be of any use, let alone cure you.

I accepted death long ago, if you are only thinking about it after you are told you haven't got much longer to live then that's really something you will have to deal with on your own. You have to accept that as mortal beings we are going to expire sometime, be it of a deadly virus, or old age, or being run down by a crazy driver. If you cannot accept death then you are very strange. I think most people understand, and accept that you have to die at some point.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Tucket
If I was on the verge of death and a stranger handed me a cure, I would consider taking it. What have I got to lose?

Your life, a lot quicker.......

How can it be a cure when they never knew what the guy had, to what extent, and how comes he wasn't infected when he handed the guy the strange medication...he had two lots right, he predicted it was a deadly virus and thought ahead lol.

You would consider in heinsight, but in reality i think you would do as anyone else and decline a strangers help...this is of course if the situation were similar, imminent death, no cure, weirdo lurking around the hospital or streets close to the hospital handing out free magical medicine. Its just all to fairy tale like for me, unless you are drastically different to us here in England, i find it hard to believe anyone would put that much trust in someone they have never met before.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
OMG what piss.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This post is entirely unrealistic... as said, if he was under quarantine ( as he would be with SARS or H1N1 ) he will not be allowed to leave the hospital, so the story falls apart there.. that simply won't happen.. Quarantine is quarantine.. it's all about containment, not letting you wander about..

Secondly, if he's so sick that he's dying and some how got released from quarantine ( face palm ).. it's hard to imagine him strolling down the sidewalk with that sort of illness.. and then to accept a bag of meds from a complete stranger that miraculously cures him.. it's not even a very creative fabrication.

This is complete and total nonsense..

edit on 11/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Tucket

You risk dying a lot faster.. the stranger has no idea what you were diagnosed with, allergies.. etc.

But that escapes the main problem with this story ( and it's riddled with them ) .. If you have H1N1 or SARS .. You will NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE HOSPITAL =) .. which means he couldn't have left and wandered down a sidewalk ( if he's so sick, how would he be strolling down the lane anyway? ) .. this story is silly.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

This sounds like a story a 10 year old would tell, its beyond ridiculous. A killer virus, but let out of hospital and told to walk home, a random guy with random drugs...yea yea pull the other one

edit on 6-11-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

Yeah what an idiot!!! If he had taken that stuff, who knows, he might've died or something! ....oh, wait....yeah...

To be fair though, how was he waltzing on down the street when he was near death?
edit on 11/7/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Em2013
reply to post by MmmPie

there's no hole in the story. He was allowed to go home, it's not a city it's a town, and he was given the medicine by some stranger.

Quarantine is quarantine.. otherwise it's not.. if he was under quarantine he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE .. if he was allowed to leave, then he was not quarantined.. And with H1N1 / SARS .. if you're so bad off you're labeled as dying.. you're not going to be well enough to wander around chit chatting with strangers about the government secrets while popping meds you know nothing about.

This is total bunk.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

AmberLeaf

Tucket

Your life, a lot quicker.......

How can it be a cure when they never knew what the guy had, to what extent, and how comes he wasn't infected when he handed the guy the strange medication...he had two lots right, he predicted it was a deadly virus and thought ahead lol.

You would consider in heinsight, but in reality i think you would do as anyone else and decline a strangers help...this is of course if the situation were similar, imminent death, no cure, weirdo lurking around the hospital or streets close to the hospital handing out free magical medicine. Its just all to fairy tale like for me, unless you are drastically different to us here in England, i find it hard to believe anyone would put that much trust in someone they have never met before.

I can't say I believe the story as told/remembered by the op. But for some reason I'm finding your posts in this thread to be quite thought-provoking today...or at least just provoking.

You are just the type of person who would cling desperately to a few more weeks or days of life rather than risk it for a cure, that's all. We all have different levels of risk acceptance. For me, if someone just happened to know I was very sick and needed a cure, (and op says they spoke of other stuff so we don't know what it was that actually convinced him to take it) i might think they could also know other things that were unknowable by our standards. It's pretty obvious to me, especially since it supposedly worked and he got better, that this is meant to be an angel/ET or wizard or mysterious man or what have you. If that's too much for you to swallow, which is totally understandable, then it just may be that this story is not for you. I'm definitely leaning towards "no, this isn't right", but I will suspend judgement in case I hear something better after op talks to their supposed friend.

But if the person could somehow convince me, like by showing me some amazing techno-sorcery, or describe private moments in my life or tell me what I'm thinking to an impossible degree of success repeatedly, I would take the medicine.

But, he told not to tell about him... You're telling us about him, op! And your friend told you! Maybe it was a gypsy and.now the curse has been activated! Every child of his will die in the womb until the curse is undone. In order for this to happen, he must relocate the very same gypsy and deliver to him a branch from the highest tree branch of the tallest tree in the world, and a tooth from the largest bear in Russia....or something. Just thought I'd give you some template or basis for an idea in case this is all research for a book or movie. To thank me, just put a.character or something named Enigmato

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

miniatus

Em2013
reply to post by MmmPie

there's no hole in the story. He was allowed to go home, it's not a city it's a town, and he was given the medicine by some stranger.

Quarantine is quarantine.. otherwise it's not.. if he was under quarantine he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE .. if he was allowed to leave, then he was not quarantined.. And with H1N1 / SARS .. if you're so bad off you're labeled as dying.. you're not going to be well enough to wander around chit chatting with strangers about the government secrets while popping meds you know nothing about.

This is total bunk.

You must have missed this part

it's not a city it's a town,

I was convinced after reading that,

I had my doubts but because it was a town and not a city how could OP story not be true?

If that's not enough to convince you then there is this as well

Canada isn't the US, guess I should have mentioned that.

That blew my mind, I am still picking up the pieces.

Not sure why OP needed to add that fact maybe with the one his other claims might be seen as true as well.

Hey it is the grey area, it all flies here whether its got wings or not, thats why I like the grey area it can stimulate your imagination or strengthen your delusion.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
No proof.
I call hoax.
I have seen better B.S tossed in the hoax bin faster.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Koltov
reply to post by Em2013

SARS was never reported in the USA either.

Yes it was....

In the United States, eight SARS infections were documented by laboratory testing and an additional 19 probable SARS infections were reported.

www.cdc.gov...

The number was probably larger but due to time lapse between contraction and reporting, they couldn't conclusively confirm the others.

As for this story, there is a lot of things that don't add up or make sense here OP.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Nonsense, pure and simple.

You cant remember what your BEST FRIEND was supposedly dying of?

He was dying, but still capable of walking down the street on his own to encounter a mysterious stranger?

Neither SARS or H1N1 are 100% fatal, even in places with lower states of available healthcare.

There are in fact very very few 'killer viruses'. Bacterial infections are in general more likely to be fatal than a virus. Viral infections are usually harder to detect than other infectious diseases. Typically, they would not even test for either SARS or H1N1 until all other possibilities were discounted, as viral symptoms tend to resemble other infections and a weakened immune system makes the possibility of other 'opportunistic infections' far more likely.

Even in the case of SARS and H1N1 where death is the outcome, the actual cause of death is due to an opportunistic infection. Some of these require significant and long term hospitalisation and monitoring in order to ensure recovery.

If he had a virus and was cured, he would at that point have a significant possibility of being immune to further infection from the same virus, with the possibility of becoming a carrier in the future. Further tests would be necessary to ensure that he was free of the disease.

There are so many holes in the story as posted that I can only assume you're trolling.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

H1N1 is totally survivable. I had it a few years back. It took a couple of weeks, but I made it.
Also, I was not forced to stay in the hospital. I was told to stay home for two weeks and given an official looking letter to show my boss. (This was in Taiwan).
edit on 11/7/2013 by fomalhaut because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe what your friend had was SARS, different from H1N1 since there was a large call for suspected cases to be quarantine in Canada, especially in Greater Toronto Area for 10 days.

By May 29, more than 5000 people were quarantined in Canada by authorities seeking to control the potential spread of this new SARS outbreak.

Wiki Source

You would have to stay home, and the term quarantine was used.

What do you need to do if you are quarantined for contact with SARS?
 Stay home and limit contact with other people, as much as possible.
 Sleep in separate rooms from other people in your household.
 Do not share personal items, such as towels, drinking cups or cutlery.
 Wear a mask when you are in the same room with other members of your household. Change
your mask twice a day.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join