It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm glad I followed my intuition today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Mods: i'm not sure if this is the exact place for this as it could've gone in a few different forums - please move if you think it's better elsewhere.

This morning, I was walking my dogs before getting ready for work. My route goes next to a cricket oval and tennis courts. As I was walking on this bridge, I noticed a schoolgirl sitting on a bench next to the tennis courts. As she saw me she got up and walked away and it was then that I caught a glimpse of what I believed was a large kitchen knife. I wasn't 100% sure but my intuition told me something was up. So, I decided to just hang around the area and keep an eye on what was going on. I let my dogs run around for a few mins and then I headed back over to that area. I called out and said "Hello, are you ok" but got no answer.

I then walked around the area but couldn't see her, I still thought she was there and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw a little bit of movement in an area under this small concrete bridge. I decided to slowly walk over with my dogs and then I saw her huddled up there crying. I asked if she was ok and she got up and said she was and quickly walked away with the knife which was in plain sight now.

I told her I saw it and asked her softly to drop it - I did all of this mind you from a fairly safe distance away from her. She just kept walking so I let her get ahead of me a fair bit but I slowly followed her back to her house (which is maybe 10 houses down from mine). I then called 000 and told the cops what was going on. As I was talking to them, her mum arrived and I told her what was going on so she went inside and talked to her. Then in only a few minutes, about 6 cop cars were flying down the road to the house. I spoke to them for a bit and some of them went in to talk to her. After a while, they told me I could head off and they told me an ambulance was on the way. Hopefully, whatever is going on in her life gets better - her mum just told me she had had a meltdown that morning and stormed out of the house. So, I think i'll give them some space and maybe check up on her in a few days.

I was pretty hyped up from it as you can imagine but I'm really glad I paid attention to my intuition - I just had an overwhelming sense that something was definitely wrong and that I was right to stay around there. I don't know if she would've gone through trying to kill herself or not but hopefully her life gets better from here on.

Hopefully, this doesn't come off as me trying to get a pat on the back as it's not my intention. Just thought it is a good experience of what can happen when you do listen to your intuition. If I didn't have to go to work, I think I would've had poured myself a drink by now haha.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

You are a good human being for getting involved, and are to be commended for your actions. Hopefully she'll get through this and if so has you to thank. Changing a life in a positive way is best thing one can do. God bless

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Kids get depressed and do things that shouldn't be done. It was good that you were there and were aware of your surroundings. Most people do not pay attention to things and others do not want to get involved. I think all the cops was an overkill though. One cop coming over and talking to the people would be enough. Hopefully what is bothering the girl can be worked out and nothing happens. Kids today are under a lot of stress. The simple life of being a kid and enjoying yourself is disappearing. There is tension in the air everywhere.

S&F for not ignoring a possible bad situation. The girl may never have done anything, but sometimes they do.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks very much for the nice words.

Yeah, I just wouldn't have been able to forgive myself if I had walked away and then found out later she had gone through with it.

It's funny, I have walked past her in the past with my dogs as some school kids like her wait at a bus stop near my house and i've often thought that she looked a bit down.

Kids these days certainly are under a lot more pressure I think.

As a side note, it's interesting how well dogs pick up on vibes...when I was walking over to her, they were both quite calm. I think they would've picked up on what was going on.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

THIS IS GOING TO RAMBLE A BIT BUT FOR A PURPOSE...
You witnessed what half the adults and ALL THE KIDS ARE FEELING... Total Despair... We have the Grown Up Politicians ACTING LIKE KIDS...Delinquents at that.... The I, Me, MY, MINE are not able to get everything they want when they want it now due poetically due to the economy....You are seeing the impossible happening, Obama is purposely destroying the U.S. the ROCK on which the World has come to need and trust......
THERE IS NO MORAL RIGHT ANY MORE... THE 30 TO 50 AGE GROUP thought the schools or nannies was raising their children to be behaved and proper children....;Dr. Spook apologized for being wrong on "letting the kids decide what their interest were or would be"... It takes both parents working now to try to keep up with not the Jones but the fact that a New I Phone comes out every 6 months, video games are so violent that some kids actually vomit at the amount of blood and guts.... and as depicted in the TV & Movies if someone upsets you, you simply blow them away, problem solved... "unintended consequence"
One women, thinking at the time that she was doing the right thing, went to her son's school and because she and her little boy were atheist, told the school must discontinue pray in her school, they refused so she got the ACLU to sue in Federal Court and the Court decision was cut out prayer in ALL SCHOOLS. "unintended consequence"
Martin Luther King Jr. saw inequality due to segregation so he set out "in a non-violent protest" to correct an injustice. He united the Blacks in the U.S. and their protect was heard but as always the Politician simple did now insure "No More Barriers" they took them to raise and created a "Welfare System" that has insured permanent dependency and has developed into such a sizeable portion of the voting population that our Government is being run to the "Welfare's Benefit" and the Working class's detriment. But Welfare can't pay a decent standard of living without busting up the family creating another "unintended consequence"
Pretty much all religions have a list of a few Laws that should be lived by and for hundreds of years people lived fairly peaceful among themselves (Until their Greedy Leaders wanted more.. they invented WAR... they convinced the tribe that they needed more and as their leader.. King they could have more. King got rich and the once soldiers now work for the King. "unintended consequences"
We do not teach Ancient, European, World and American history in our schools today because if studied one would understand that "HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF THROUGH HUMAN NATURAL ACTIONS" That would allow the masses to understand and be able to recognize the symptoms of impending man made disaster. WAR \. So War to day seem like an "unintended consequence" of some HIDDEN SCRETE MYSTERY.
Nothing that is happening today in our world makes good sense.. COMMON SENSE, THE REFLEX KIND OF SENSE THAT THE GODS INTENDED FOR US TO HAVE AND USE.
Kids are born with inherited instincts.. they can swim at birth. throw water in their face and they hold their breath. they laugh at things that are funny not someone else misery. Their Knowledge Bank is a "Open Book with Blank Pages" where experiences, knowledge and additional Common Sense is to be written.
Then they are OVER EXPOSED TO ALL of the most CONFUSING ASSORTMENT OF NON CENSORED, SOME EVEN STAGED, HUMAN BEHAVIORS UNIMAGENABLE and are simply left to wonder where they fit into this maze of actions. "unintended consequences"
Their COMMON SENSE AND INSTINCTS THAT THEY WERE BORN WITH are overwhelmed and now they can "Bug Out with Drugs", Join the hysteria, Go One Better than anything they have seen or Simply Resign from a Life Too Bad, Complicated and Hurtful to be worth living. Did We, Their Senior Generation create "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES"
The Growing Number of Teem Suicides Holds Some of the Answers. "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES"
I CALL UPON ALL THE GODS TO HELP US OUT.. WE ARE LOST OUR WAY.. THE COMMON SENSE TO BE HUMAN. AMEN

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Good job Cruff!

More people need to pay attention.

Blessings..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

You did an awesome thing!

I did not follow my intuition a few months back and this was the result

Rant-It's bugging me

I'm glad someone else did follow instead or that rant could of been your experience as well to some degree.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Damn....

That is a very sad story. Very sorry to hear that it had happened. I can only imagine what you felt like after finding out he had killed himself.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Yeah, it took a little while to shake off.
Learned my lesson, and I am very glad you did not take the route I did.

You did a great thing!

I'm glad you followed your intuition today too.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks! I've ignored mine several times in the past - thankfully not to any major problem but still...

I think the more you ignore it, the less it tries to warn you of things. The more you pay attention to it, the stronger it becomes.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
wheeew,

if this would of happened in the U.S. they would of had a swat team storm her house and ended up shooting her with a grenade launcher.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
So what you're saying is first she was victomized by her family, then you, then the cops, then the EMT's, then it will be the Dr's, the social workers, the parents, the teachers, she'll continue being victomized over and over again as she's passed along threw the system, until one day she either does it, or she turns into a full out delinquint.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Eh?

I'm confused. Where did I say she was victimized by her family etc? I have no idea what is going on in her life. All I know is that someone needed some help and I did what I could.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hey Sparky Cuss, you made up a bunch of stuff from no where about the girls situation. Maybe from personal experience. BTW, they have this crazy new thing called spell checker you may want to learn to use it instead of mangling the truth and the English language

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

bladerunner44

Hey Sparky Cuss, you made up a bunch of stuff from no where about the girls situation. Maybe from personal experience. BTW, they have this crazy new thing called spell checker you may want to learn to use it instead of mangling the truth and the English language

go away light weight

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Bless you for caring enough to be aware.
You were meant to be where you were.
There are too many young lives lost over the pain this world causes.
Thank you for still being human.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Perhaps you should find another thread to contribute to if this is all you have to say??

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
But don't you see the patern? She's been victomized, now that they know she's been victimized they'll continue to pass her from one authority to another to another to another, each one victimizing her more and more. Until one day you get this....Cuz that's how the system works. It looks for weak links and then breaks them.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Hey there spanky puss, you have an over active imagination or maybe you just like to make stuff up including new words, or just poor spelling skills. Oh, and an absolutely terrifying avatar. woof

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How can you possibly know that?

I have no idea what has happened in her life to make her choose that course of action...

Maybe her boyfriend broke up with her.
Maybe she's been bullied.
Maybe there are problems at home.

It could be anything.

I'm an optimist, so I would like to think that now that this has happened maybe those around her might know how sad she is and help her. I haven't seen her or any family members yet on my walks but I will hopefully soon and then I can find out how she is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join