It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Detroit, 9 wounded and 3 dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

opethPA

MichaelPMaccabee
What is that supposed to mean? Just a ghetto crime?

Another gang crime which gets no media, police, social media in uproar response.

I'm not exactly sure what you're probing at, but here in Chicago (where crime is running a little crazy) we get LOADS of media attention.. So maybe gang crimes aren't getting attention in your area, but they certainly are in mine.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

jhn7537
I'm not exactly sure what you're probing at, but here in Chicago (where crime is running a little crazy) we get LOADS of media attention.. So maybe gang crimes aren't getting attention in your area, but they certainly are in mine.

Well since their is a lot of media in the world beyond local..

National media had headlines everywhere, new stations had almost play by play updates and social media was all aflame with the events that took place in the mall when 1 shooter killed himself.
If you want to tell me that the national coverage on the shooting in Detroit , or any other similar neighborhood in a big city, is close to that then you are simply wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

bladerunner44
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Michael, Michael, Michael, don't be such a D.A. Spend 10 minutes in the Ghetto you'll figure out what he meant. Oh and by the way be sure to let your next of kin know whether it will be an open or closed casket funeral

I spent 15 years living in the shadow of Tiger's Stadium. The vast majority of people living in Detroit are good people.

Violence happens everywhere.

More people means more violence.

I've spent all but one year of my life(24 years) living right on the city limit of Detroit. There are just as many low life scumbags as "good" people living in Detroit, it's the unfortunate truth and also part of the reason the city is in such a mess still.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

opethPA

MichaelPMaccabee
Just a ghetto crime? No such thing. All violent crime harms society at large. That is the problem I have with what you said, but I suspect we are on the same side.

At least the context of nothing ever gets lost on the Internet. =)

I mentioned the "another ghetto crime" element to trying and highlight how ridiculous and hypocritical it is that 1 guy goes into a mall , shoots into the ceiling and that is all you see on the news..

Meanwhile in North Philly tonight multiple people will be killed, robbed , raped, violated destroyed and no one will care and in Detroit 9 people get shot but their is no righteous outrage from the normal cast of characters.

This is my opinion on the different ways that shootings are covered. If it's a genuine street crime shooting, there will not be 1000 cops responding with all their war toys. The media might mention it briefly.

Now if you see a whole division of SWAT, DHS, FBI, ATF, news choppers, satellite trucks, etc., then you know you're in the middle of a full blown HSEEP exercise/drill gone live. OK?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
DETROIT MASS SHOOTING:
-9 PEOPLE SHOT
-2 DEAD
-GUNMEN AT LARGE

CHICAGO MASS SHOOTING: (edit this appears to be 2 seperate incedents lumped into one)
-7 PEOPLE SHOT
-INCLUDING A 5 YEAR OLD
-ONE DEAD

I did not see the Chicago shooting on here. Crazy !!

edit on 6-11-2013 by RogueValleyMFR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You misunderstand the op. He said "its easy to dismiss it" implicating we shouldn't immediately dismiss it as such. Also he asks how it will be treated by the media if it is.

You took offense for no reason.. though in all honesty this likely is a gang shooting and not the same as the mass shootings that generally make the news.

Detroit has fallen apart. Gone bankrupt, cops warned people ti enter at their own risk. There aren't enough cops and even some of the ones that are there are comitting crimes too. Detroit is a dumb place to be.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
You misunderstand the op. He said "its easy to dismiss it" implicating we shouldn't immediately dismiss it as such. Also he asks how it will be treated by the media if it is.

Exactly, very well said.

Seems to me this was a much worse scenario then what just happened at the Mall but notice the dearth of mass media coverage for this when compared to that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why didn't TSA stop the event from happening by strip searching everyone?

Didn't TSA take the appropriate actions at all, why to we even have them if they don't keep us safe?

I'm confused, was TSA involved or not?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Ok you can spout all the numbers you want if you believe it is just as dangerous in urban areas as it is in parts of our inner cities then I have some some land to sell you. What a joke. Nine out of ten Americans wouldn't get caught dead in parts of Detroit and Chicago and rightly so. Why because they know they risk their lives to do so.

We need to address why we are having these problems. Listen i firmly believe we are all equal in every way. But at some point we have to talk about the elephant in the room. Until we are able to do that nothing will change.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Michael, are you pro=life or pro-choice??

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Pro life or pro choice?
you mean the right to be born vs the right of a parent to cease another humans existence?

Or do you mean the right to live in a violence free world vs what we have today?

I'm concerned not with that trolling post as much as the fact that gang violence does not get national headlines...
Because we understand it. Thugs killing each other...is understandable, we know how they operate, and understand there is collateral damage in their turf wars, initiations, grudges...all that crap that goes along with dumbass drug pushers with weapons.

The stuff that makes headlines is when the normal guy next door, goes and takes a gun to the mall, school, workplace and for no apparent reason murders innocent people.

Gang wars are not news, because, well there are only so many hours in the day to produce the news...and if you were to watch all the live streaming video of gang violence as it happened....well that be the next most popular version of the TV show COPS

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And btw so I am not labeled as unsensitive...I live near Portland Or...and we have our share of gang violence...it makes the news...just only about twenty seconds of the news.
But besides gang violence we also have hit and runs by people that are here illegally, encampments in our nicer neighborhoods of homeless people who are openly doing drugs in the street....
So not a lot of shock value when there is violence...except when some white kid walks into a SE mall and shoots the place up...of course that news quickly went away when it was found out that a concealed carry citizen actually confronted and stopped that guys spree way before cops ever got there...
but anyways...I'll go troll somewhere else now

edit on 7-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join