It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bigfoot Hunt' Goes Wrong, Ends With Man Shot, Three Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Three people in Oklahoma were arrested over a bogus Sasquatch hunt that authorities say wasted their time and put a man in the hospital with a nasty gunshot wound. Omar Pineda, 21, was arrested after he told Rogers County deputies that he shot his friend in the back when a "barking noise" spooked him during a hunt for Bigfoot late Saturday night.

Read story here...www.huffingtonpost.com...

Anyone else think alcohol might have been involved?

When hunting BF, gunpowder and alcohol don't mix.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thing is you must consume large amounts of alcohol to believe in Bigfoot

If they were sober they'd realize how ludicrous it is to pretend to be syfy channel reality show Bigfoot/ghost hunters..

Bigfoot hunters/ paranormal / mediums / psychics only exist to those not sober :-)

So get liquored up which suspends belief then go hunting for a non existent boogeyman

[snip]
edit on 12-11-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well.. Thats what happens when Jimbo and Billybob get the bright idea to go out in the middle of the night (possibly drinking?) and try to kill Bigfoot.

Firearms and alcohol never go together, period(>).
I mean unless you're the ATF. Other than that, though..

He should be glad he is still alive. But I have to ask, when has Bigfoot ever been reported to bark? Or have any known vocal sounds, for that matter.

edit on 3-15-1834 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Sounds more like a poaching accident that they tried to cover up with a Bigfoot story to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Bigfoot believers did something crazy?

That's so shocking....
/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hmmm, so, the guy that got shot lived?

That tells me that whatever calibre they were using to hunt bigfoot wasn't big enough if it couldn't even kill a puny human.

One needs a much bigger gun to kill something that doesn't exist (at least as far as we know).

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

kx12x
reply to post by olaru12

But I have to ask, when has Bigfoot ever been reported to bark? Or have any known vocal sounds, for that matter.

There are many reports of bigfoot making vocalizations, even learning english words.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Daavin
Sounds more like a poaching accident that they tried to cover up with a Bigfoot story to me.

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, Booze + Firearms?

Bad Ju-Ju
edit on 6-11-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Alcohol and maybe a female, like the wife? Maybe, just maybe.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
…so close to cleansing the gene pool.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Alcohol or not, why does it seem that they are treating this as a crime because Bigfoot was mentioned? I could see the gun being tossed causing a problem, but the article makes it sound like they are calling the BF part a "lie", and using that as part of their case.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling that this news story would not have been mentioned at all if Bigfoot was not involved?

I personally think it's just another story put out there to reinforce the bubba redneck dum dumb stereotype. I think all the comments so far on this thread reinforce what I'm saying.

It's easy enough to mock folks who have seen it. Anyone that stays out in the woods hunting or whatever is bound to see it eventually. There are alot of folks (like me) that have stories that don't just tell everyone. For every "bubba" you se on TV talking about he saw bigfoot you can bet there's at least ten more who have seen something and say nothing at all.

top topics

join