Hey we got a Google boat TOO!!!- update

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Update to my previous thread Old thread
Hey San Fran we got a Google Barge too. I guess the right coast wants to keep up with the left coast!
Ours is cooler.
Portland's Google Barge Story

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks like a perfect mobile re-education center.

Or you know.. a party boat.. lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Re-Education in international waters.....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
"Although it’s still early days and things may change, we’re exploring using the barge as an interactive space where people can learn about new technology."

techcrunch.com...

I am sorry, you build it without being exactly sure what you will use it for? Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Let me acknowledge I was wrong in you other thread to suggest that your new boat was a prison barge.

Those window bars threw me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Google > Skynet...

The Governator explains Google!!

The Genesis of Skynet [Terminator 2]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQsG3TKQ0I
www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Maybe possibly unethical research that wouldn't fly under U.S. law? Hm..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Ding DIng DIng Ding DIng!!

The Price Is Right Correct Answer Sound
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLT2erau3zo
www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Despite what TC article says, there's some evidence that they could really be this:

In a startling new take on data center engineering, Google has filed a patent for a “water-based data center” that uses the ocean to provide power and cooling. The patent also confirms Google’s development of a container-based data center, describing “crane-removable modules” to power the computing platforms.

The floating data centers would be located 3 to 7 miles from shore, in 50 to 70 meters of water. If perfected, this approach could be used to build 40 megawatt data centers that don’t require real estate or property taxes.

Google Planning Offshore Data Barges
September 6th, 2008

BUT, the first thing that came to my mind to me when I read about the first barge was something like this:

"Blueseed will station a ship 12 nautical miles from the coast of San Francisco, in international waters. The location will allow startup entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world to start or grow their company near Silicon Valley, without the need for a U.S. work visa. The ship will be converted into a coworking and co-living space, and will have high-speed Internet access and daily transportation to the mainland via ferry boat. So far, over 1000 entrepreneurs from 60+ countries expressed interest in living on the ship."

link to source

join