It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 robbers shot by customer, shakes community

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Check the law........pulling a firearm on another constitutes an ACT OF VIOLENCE

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Vortiki
"An armed society, is a polite society" - Mick, Fallout: New Vegas

If you knew everyone had a firearm on them, how likely are you to attempt to rob anyone?

In that case you do what they do in the game you quoted: Shoot people and loot their corpses. I am not exactly sure how that is more polite than to rob people and let them live though...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
protecting the community by shooting the criminal scum. probably just junkies.no lifers that can be executed right on the spot because thats just how we do it here in our wonderful community. why not binding them to some lamp-post and have a little target shooting when we are at it. hey let the kids have a try. back to the good old days !

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

IvanAstikov
Nobody deserves to be shot for merely threatening to use violence. If the thieves have fled without using violence, it's not up to random passers-by to up the ante to a possible shoot out in a public place. Had any of his shots missed and hit a bystander, there'd be less dancing around and whoops of joy.

So would you have preferred he minded his own business and let them get away? What is that quote? "When good men to nothing, evil triumphs?" Do you believe that that the police wouldn't have upped the ante? And that the police are there to protect us? Implied, threatened, violence was present. After all, they had guns, and had to have presented them to scare the clerk into giving them them the smokes behind the counter.

I'll tell you what I believe; This man saw a crime occurring, and had the power to stop it. By confronting the thugs, he was executing his right of citizen's arrest. He probably had his gun drawn, but in a ready position, pointing at the floor, finger straight and off the trigger. They could have just pushed by and ran out the door, or got on the floor. The criminals chose to up the ante first. They drew guns on the guy, signifying their willingness to die for some smokes, and clearly demonstrating their states of mind. As a former military man myself, we're taught "one shot, one kill." So training took over and maiming wasn't an option. No sane moral person prefers to take a life, and I'm sure he feels bad that it came to that.

Let's say the police responded to the silent call in a timely fashion and arrive on scene as they were exiting the convenience store. What do you think the outcome would be? I leave you with this: it is every citizen's responsibility and duty to come to the aid of his/her fellow man/woman, and to be the first line of defense when police are not present.
edit on 7-11-2013 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

There is a big difference between "shoot first, ask questions later" and shooting someone in defense of ones self.

Had these robbers pulled a gun on a Police Officer, they would have been shot by that Officer and I (as one of those who is very critical of Police actions) would absolutely support the Police in such a situation. That is what they are paid for. They do put their lives on the line daily and the circumstances in this case is one of many examples that can be used to show how Police do in fact put their lives on the line.

Had these robbers been unarmed, I would have a completely different opinion, no matter who shot them. Police or Citizen.

All that being said, good for this guy who took matters into his own hands instead of waiting for Police to eventually show up. This is one of many reason why we have the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I agree with another poter ... this is a no-brainer ...... a clear case where of self defense when they drew guns ..... now if he braandished his firearm first then it might be a different story ...

example.. for as if the robbers were running and the guy drew his gun and ordered them to stop ... then there might some doubt about he issue .....

but none seen here .....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

these two morons robbed a store at gun point when someone stood up to them they drew their guns they died as a result if i was in same sit i would have dropped them like a hot potato. npo one should feel sorry for them they caused this whole scenario . if you touch a hot pot you liable to get burned

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

As a concealed weapon permit holder in South Carolina, I know deadly force is authorized when you walk into a robbery. The bandits have already used deadly force on the cashier, so you don't even have to warn a criminal in SC or ask them to stop if you see a gun or knife and feel your life is in danger is such a situation.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

opethPA
On the other hand I have to think what if the cops did the exact same thing..if they shot and killed the robbers..The ATS segment that refuses to blame or hold criminals accountable would be in an uproar about the shoot first\ask questions later approach of the police.

That's because they think every single person with some form of authority is out to get the "innocent civillians". Just like every time something bad happens, people will claim it to be some form of conspiracy.

Good on the man that shot them, thieves need to be taught a lesson!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

That's just it; I DO feel sorry for these idiots. People don't think of the consequences of their actions. These guys didn't have to die, and I don't blame the citizen doing his duty to society. They made a rotten choice and paid for it with their lives. It's sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Kill all criminals.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Culling the herd. I love it when the criminals family is always upset that their loved ones were shot during a criminal act where they could have killed someone. Justice served. If you would raise good kids they wouldn't be out robbing people. My cousin was in and out of jail numerous times and he was a drug addict. No matter how many times we tried to help he still thought being a criminal was the way to go. Was he nice sure. Did we love him sure. But HE MADE THOSE DECISIONS AND HE GOT WHAT WAS COMING BECAUSE HE CHOSE TO. If someone is pointing a gun at me trying to kill me I don't shoot for the legs or the arm or the foot because you know where that gets you? Dead. Criminals dont point guns at you to wound you they point them at you to KILL YOU. Besides after he gets out of jail he could be out killing someone else. Take responsibilities for your actions. Look at the crime rate and murders in Detroit, chicago and all the other liberal I hate guns states you people are a bunch of victims because you cant defend yourselves. But I bet all your politicians carry guns when they are out walking around. Sheeple.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I found this part rather odd

On Tuesday, police said they had also arrested Alexander Garcia-Bialek, 21, of Fleetwood, whom they identified as the getaway driver.

Garcia-Bialek will be charged with second-degree murder for the deaths of both gunmen because they died in the commission of his felony, police said.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't like the idea of anyone being shot, really.

I mean... unless someone was trying to kill me or someone next to me - I'd still have a hard time pointing a gun at another human being (no matter my perception of them) and actually pulling the trigger.

I guess I'm just soft and weird.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i do not think these young adult deserved to die . they made bad choices still young and only human we all do it, make mistakes they are other ways to stop crime other than shooting them . has no one read the bible tho shalt not kill. i am not religious but your as blood thirsty as each other surely a tussle of some sort and them getting arrested and paying for the crime and maybe changing their lives would be better or i am i just crazy? but i was said they had had police contact before so even if they had got away would end up getting caught in the end by supporting murder are we not as bad as them?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

XionZap
reply to post by IvanAstikov

Check the law........pulling a firearm on another constitutes an ACT OF VIOLENCE

Depends on area/state/city, etc.

But most area's do see a weapon that is brandished to be a show of force..therefore - you can react to protect yourself and/or your property (in some areas).

Pointing a weapon, loaded or not, at an individual is a felony in some states... Odds are, you can use your CCW to stop a felony in progress. (Police are usually excluded from the pointing of weapons - on or off duty, even retired).

I think the guy shooting the crooks was in the right.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I had a friend that did an armed blag with a gun on a shop in Manchester England,the owner who was in the back of the shop ran out of the back door with a baseball bat and went in the front of the shop and walloped my friend round the head a few times from behind until he was conked out on the floor,the Police came and arrested him and he did a few years in Jail.
He was Junkie at the time and has cleaned his act up,if he would have got shot and killed the blame would have certainly been laid at his own doorstep.And if the Police shot him then that's the way the cookie crumbles,he shouldn't be robbing people in the first place.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

On the other hand I have to think what if the cops did the exact same thing..if they shot and killed the robbers..The ATS segment that refuses to blame or hold criminals accountable would be in an uproar about the shoot first\ask questions later approach of the police.

I would hate to think so. If you are asked to stop after committing a crime and you instead pull a weapon capable of ending someone's life, you have just made your peace with death. You have asked to be terminated. You were given a chance, shown yourself to be a serious threat, and were dealt with accordingly.

It's as simple as that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
As it is my hometown, Reading has gone through its growing pains once our manufacturing went the way of disco (ATT/Lucent/Agere plant closed up, Dana/Parish & Carpenter Tech are shells of their former selves).

Most of what is here now is really places to spend the $ you have at shops/theater, places to eat, and that's about it. Our proximity to all major eastern cities sorta makes up a great little distribution hub for anything that the Man wants to make a more decision on, so our drug problem has flourished.

Anyway, should the guy have killed the criminals? IDK, I wasn't there to know if the guns were merely shown or if they were used to threaten.

I will say this about Reading, the racism is RAMPANT. From the cops to the paper, you'd swear that there were 2 non whites in the entire county.

A few years ago a collection of UC vice cops roll up on a gang member from another gang (that the cops weren't "working" with), they spill out of their car still UC and START a gunfight with this young black male.

A patrol cop responds to the shootout, starts shooting at the UC cops, kills one of them, and in the fracas the guy who was jumped by the UC cops leaves. Guess who was charged with murder of the white cop? The black guy who was jumped by the UC cops.

Mods I don't mean to cause any topic drift, I wanted to comment about Reading PA (my home) and edit/amend as needed.

Derek

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Since when is robbing people at gunpoint supposed to be risk free?

You decide to do this, you don't get the benefit of the doubt on a damned thing.

Let's say these two dirt bags got away with it, countless more crimes against people and property between them no doubt. How about you lecture people like them to NOT ROB PEOPLE AT GUNPOINT? Too much to ask?

Tell you what, for those that have such a problem with killing these habitual (didn't research one bit but I GUARANTEE it) violent criminals, let them live IN YOUR neighborhood. Let your children live right up next to them, THEN you can run your mouth about how unfair things are for them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join