It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Experience

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

That's reasonable. I would say there is around a 50% chance that earth has been visited at some point by beings that didn't originate here. Whether it's an ongoing thing and they are abducting people, with Draconians are lurking about and lizards wearing human suits on CNN, I wouldn't put that % at anywhere close to 50..

I know there are quite a few people on this board and others I've read who go way deep into the rabbit hole with Nazi hollow earth billy meier type of stuff and while I think it'd be awesome if our lives were more interesting then they are, sometimes I feel as if people are reaching. No disrespect those people since I know they are here, but I think life is a lot more mundane then most of us would like to admit.

This experience did open my eyes and actually has made me feel very special, I don't know % of the population have seen what I did and I think it was a privilege.

Question, are there organizations that go looking for UFO's and have meetings and trips and stuff? I think that would be fascinating....
edit on 7-11-2013 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Someone linked this earlier in the thread. It looked similar to 3F in that chart.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey guys, I think this thread is starting to wrap up. I will draw a picture of the UFO and post it this weekend per request. I wanted to say a big thank you to everybody who listened and responded. It's made me feel a lot less "weird" about the situation and it felt good to tell the story.

This post and subject was the reason I joined ATS, but after seeing the response to this and getting so many thoughtful responses I intend to be active in the ATS community. I definitely dig the vibe here, so I'll kick my shoes off and have a seat and see what I can contribute.

Thanks again fellas, nicely done.

- M

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I was reading about the skin reaction you had. You may have had a radiation burn on the face, i doubt you'd had any allergy to "light". Did the skin peel off?

Can't wait for your drawings!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nowyouseeme

Thanks for posting your sighting. I've shared my experience a few times before when a friend and I encountered a silver disc similar to what you describe but it was at night in the mountains. It was a close range sighting so there's no disputing what we saw as I'm sure with what you saw.. the experience left me awake with wonder. I tend to get the feeling that the craft we saw was terrestrial or man-made as opposed to other worldly but there would be no way to know. The main thing I was left with is that the technology (anti-gravity) does exist so that in itself is astounding. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Had to add that sunburns, or something very similar, are common with UFO sightings... remember the movie Close Encounters with that red face/burn recurring throughout? That was based on many, many of the most credible accounts where witnesses had odd red skin conditions that looked like burns but didn't act exactly like a sunburn.

I've seen many odd things in the sky... once saw a huge white cylinder hanging over my city in the afternoon sunlight with several strangers... so I know these things are seen.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Nice story and thanks for sharing! I'm probably going to put my few 'UFO experiences' up on ATS now.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I could imagine these things being man made. But if this technology is super secret and not mainstream, WHY show it off over major cities and populated places? They want us to see them. If they are anything other than human made, I'm not sure they are from "out there" as they are probably from "here". The majority of this planet is water. Maybe we're the weirdos.. the "aliens" who live on land.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Nowyouseeme
reply to post by ManInAsia

In reference to your first point, I heard a theory a while ago proposing that when you see something that is beyond your ability to comprehend your brain fills in the blank with the most unknown and mysterious thing you DO know about and can visualize.

For example, maybe instead of a UFO we all really saw some type of interdimensional incident. My brain can't process that, 500 generations ago I was chilling in a cave and worshiping fire and praying to trees. So my brain processes the information from that incident as the most mysterious thing I know about, "It's a UFO". Doesn't explain mass sightings, but I always thought that was a very intriguing theory. Does anybody have information on that theory in a formal sense?

Yeah, it seems to go along with the technology at the time. In biblical times they saw flying wheels and flaming chariots. In the late 19th and early 20th century they saw flying ships and flying carousels. The rest of the 20th and 21st century has been flying discs, triangles, spheres. People were probably always seeing the same thing, just relating it differently.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Respectfully, turning to an 'interdimensional' hypothesis seems unneccessary and doesn't really add anything to the discussion.

While there are possibly up to 11 dimensions (or more) in the universe, they are not accessible to us, being 'wrapped up in the miniscule fabric of space' is what I've heard them described as. Currently, we travel around by our version of the steam train (rocket ships) but if we had more energy available to us, we could bend space to create short-cuts through space or speed our ships up to close to the speed of light.

The nature of our universe will not change from one side to the other, what does change is our technology and energy levels to literally bend space to our will. Michio Ikaku's books give a good run down on this. There are a number of different ways to effect anti-gravity type flight in current physics theories, using what to us is exotic like gravitons and anti-matter etc but may not be particularly exotic where this material is readily available or can be created and stored by advanced technology.

There are theories of multiple universes, but one would think they if something visits our universe, they still need to adapt to our physical laws, and it seems unneccessary, because there should be plenty of life moving around in our neighbourhood from our universe. There are possibly trillions of planets in our universe.

Basically, if you saw a metallic looking shiny spaceship...it's probably a metal shiny spaceship..powered by better technology than we have, that's all.

edit on 8-11-2013 by ManInAsia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know if you're telling the truth or not, but I've talked to a lot of people and read a lot of stories and your account is very similar. Something I always think is everyone can't be lying about it. Maybe 10% of the cases aren't lying? If there're 1,000,000 witness reports then that's 100,000 honest sightings. And if 95% of them are misidentified or exaggerated then that means there're 5,000 sightings of unknowns which are not easily explained. It's all about the numbers and it's about not assuming the last 5 stones in 100 are the same as the previous 95. I know that a sighting being not easily explained doesn't mean it's alien or exotic, but just being hard to pin down leaves it open to a lot potential exotic explanations.

My grandpa said he saw an oblong ufo. He said it hovered and had a lot of lights on it. I'm not sure if he said it spun or not. To this day I think he probably saw a truck on the bridge moving slowly, but who knows? I've heard a lot of other tales from people and he's not alone on it. I have to stop myself from being too judgmental.

It's easy to tell myself there's no way something like aliens visiting earth or super secret nuclear-powered spaceships could avoid scrutiny and eventual disclosure. There's no way our government could keep it quiet. Our government isn't that effective. Too many people would talk. That's what I tell myself.

So it's all just mass hallucination or popular distraction? Are people happily believing it without requiring evidence because it's part of their nature? I suppose it's possible. Look at how commonplace religion is. Religion is really just sanctioned delusion. If something like religion and cults can happen then why can't UFO's? It's a modern mythology in the making which has replaced past mythologies.

The skeptic in me wants to think and say all manners of critical things and judge the witnesses as incompetent or untruthful. I probably am not alone on this. It seems like people popularly WANT to believe in aliens and/or cannot be critical. Science is critical because being critical works. Requiring evidence works. It's hard to believe with all these cases that not one solid irrefutable peer-reviewed piece of evidence has emerged to once and for all end the debate. This is just another thing that makes me skeptical. Ufology can live forever, if people don't draw a line in the sand. They must demand evidence or they'll be hunting for UFO's forever.
edit on 8-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I am in the same camp as you actually. I don't think 90% lie about weird things they see, I just think people see things that they can't explain and fill in the rest with their imagination or their mind tricks them into seeing something they didn't see. I personally think most "ghost" stories are in this category. I believe that most people who report they've seen spirits believe it...I just don't think it happened.

There is definitely a phenomena out there, I know this because I witnessed something and I'm more open minded about hearing UFO experiences then say BigFoot Experiences because I personally know it isn't Myth.

I think most intelligent people are in the same camp you are and would need to see something before lending credibility to accounts from people they don't know.

To answer a previous question, my face didn't peel. Also, since there appear to be multiple members here who know what they are talking about, what are some video and picture evidence that you all consider CREDIBLE? I personally don't like the STS stuff very much...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I read somewhere that John Lennon saw a UFO at the top of an apartment building. You might want to google it. I'm not certain it's a genuine story - it could be false. In any case, in one of his songs he mentions UFOs by saying his Mom never told him about them, if I recall right. Was he crazy, if it's true? You be the judge.

Edit: Maybe this is hte song:
songmeanings.com - John Lennon - Nobody Told Me...
edit on 8-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
thanks for sharing your story.
I miss mervyns lol.
I had a couple health issues I think came from my experience, but not a good idea to tell a doc that..
Im gonna hit a shrink with my whole story soon jus to see what happens....Next reply will be from a straight jacket..lol

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Unfortunately I think recorded video or photographic evidence, on it's own, is of almost no use.

1) Computing power is advancing so rapidly that soon it will be almost impossible to tell real from fake
2) People can fake pictures and video with real objects
3) Most videos/pictures are too grainy to resolve anything (often just a fact of dealing with lights in the dark, or objects in the distance with cameras that are not designed with the right lenses etc)

A higher burden of proof is required from multiple sources, so video/photo, radar, witness testimony and the mother of all evidence would be a physical sample of the object.

There have been some cases where photography has been used to discover new phenomena, such as sprites, although it was quickly proven to be a form of lightning and connected with thunderstorms so it was easy to zero on them when you knew where to look.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

There most certainly are groups that do so. I think Mufon (If thay are still called that) hold or had held outings at one point or another. There are other groups that watch the Gulf Breeze lights as well as groups in Nevada that go UFO watching around Groom and Papoose lake in the states. There are other groups in the UK as well as the EU and eltswhere. just have to look in local listings for one in your area if you don`t want to go far. It`s really like going storm chasing for some people.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nergalbanda1

Except we know what storms are and they can be picked up on radar. Most of these people seem to be going around chasing random lights in the sky. How boring UFOlogy has become.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

Oh I completely agree with your statement as I`m not one to be much interested in lights in that sky which could be almost anything. It DOES get more interresting when there is physical evidence in conjunction with a sighting however. That said travling around the country with like minded people could be fun as it gets one out of the house and meet possible friends with similar interests and hobbies. By the way some UFOs ARE actually tracked by radar; but dosn`t mean all that much as large swarms of insects sometimes are tracked on radar in some weather conditions.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join