It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The University of Cincinnati on partial lockdown after person with gun spotted near campus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati is on partial lock down after a person with a gun was seen near Proctor Hall on Vine Street.

The lockdown occurred at about 3 p.m. Wednesday. The public was asked to stay in buildings or away from the area as police searched for the possible suspect.

The University of Cincinnati on partial lockdown after person with gun spotted near campus

I heard this on Fox News. Did a search and found this. Not sure what to think just yet. More SWAT!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Is there anything more on this? I saw another thread about something similar happening in Hawaii. Both were said to be near campus and not on campus.

This is not a test - Suspicious Individual Sighting
edit on 6-11-2013 by HooDooOperator because: added link

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HooDooOperator

Only this other article which says students and staff were alerted by text message to this threat. This too easy! All they have to do is send a text, then roll all the SWAT crap! I call bs on this already, as in not really a gunman. Just Johnny Law pulling yet another hoax. Like the volunteer fireman who lights fires. No offense meant to firemen, just saying.
www.wjla.com...

edit on 6-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: fireman example

Fox idiot just said in last few seconds of his show that gunman got away, and the all clear has been given. It is the media like the Area 51 guy said on the Hawaii thread.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Last I check open carry was legal in Cincinnati.

The fear of guns is really taking off in the US.

Of course, I can only assume someone was walking with a gun or something that looked like a gun, and got the cops called on them. Which from my understanding would be legal in this instance.

Won't be the last time we hear about these kinds of things, let's just hope the madness stops, people quit acting like foolish animals, and no more shootings take place.

Ahh, pipe dreams.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Good grief! An hour ago it was Hawaii, now Ohio?
Stupid, stupid, stupid unarmed victim zones. When will the gun grabbers learn?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
what if it's just some guy bringing his deer rifle inside? these constant ALERTS!!! every time anyone even SEES a gun ANYWHERE are ridiculous. all that's doing is training people to freak the F out in response to the mere mention of a gun existing. unnecessary demonizing of guns every chance they get. guess why

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

partial lock down after a person with a gun was seen near Proctor Hall on Vine Street.

The public was asked to stay in buildings or away from the area as police searched for the possible suspect.

Are we becoming a society of cowards and crazies? Just the possible sighting of gun prompts a lock down? Was it even confirmed to be a gun?

edit on 6-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Fox guy said just before his show was over that the gunman got away, all clear has been given. FAKE NEWS, sorry I bothered posting this bs.

"University of Cincinnati (UC) police sent out an alert on Wednesday saying that there was a report of a gunman on Vine Street in front of Proctor Hall, also known as Procter Hall, and telling people to shelter-in-place."

“Stay out of area,” it said in an alert.

However, at 3:44 p.m. university police gave an “all clear.”

“Buildings and areas searched, suspect gone,” the police said in an alert.

The suspect is believed to have fled south on Short Vine, and police searched Proctor and nearby buildings as a precaution.

The suspect is being described in as a 15-year-old black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans."

Story developing; check back for updates
www.theepochtimes.com...
edit on 6-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

MmmPie

Of course, I can only assume someone was walking with a gun or something that looked like a gun, and got the cops called on them. Which from my understanding would be legal in this instance.

Won't be the last time we hear about these kinds of things, let's just hope the madness stops, people quit acting like foolish animals, and no more shootings take place.

Ahh, pipe dreams.

legal or not, that won't stop the fuzz from showing up en masse and brutalizing some poor bastard and violating the hell out of his Rights. their excuse will be "well, with the current climate and attitude regarding firearms, we felt justified in attacking this 'individual' and charging him as a terrorist." .

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Heard of open carry? Just because 1 citizen, or two or three are exercizing their right to bear arms?

So then...what about the states where a TON of folks on the streets have their holstered sidearms in plain sight....all the time...everyday?

They dont lock anything down every second they see them coming.
edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

MmmPie

Ahh, pipe dreams.

This. Open and concealed carry are both legal in Ohio and UC is not exactly in the best part of town so no surprise that someone saw someone carrying a gun near the campus (which is very, very , very large...pretty much everything on that side of town is "near" campus).

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

kx12x

partial lock down after a person with a gun was seen near Proctor Hall on Vine Street.

The public was asked to stay in buildings or away from the area as police searched for the possible suspect.

Are we becoming a society of cowards and crazies? Just the possible sighting of gun prompts a lock down? Was it even confirmed to be a gun?

edit on 6-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

Probably a pop tart or a cell phone.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow... Umm.. It's Ohio, not New York City or California. People really DO own a few guns there and..(checks calendar) hunting seasons are coming. Perhaps just "man with a gun" could be treated without the automatic assumption it's the next mass murderer coming to get everyone. Hell, it could have been a hobbyist or hunter carrying a gun to his car or to a neighbors house.

Are they forgetting what is legal around the Midwest and immediate area? (Okay, Illinois being a giant exception..but most states in the middle actually have gun owners, not looking to hurt anyone)

Without more info, the reaction seems silly based on just the call being reported. Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In the name of being "safe" we give lunatics and paranoids far too much power in this country.

A simple phone call is enough to shut down a metropolitan area.

Charge me with a hoax? I dont think so. I honestly believed I saw (enter delusional fantasy here).

Remember kids: better safe than sorry.

If people really believed that tripe they'd never leave the house.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Anyone else find it suspicious that these shootings or attempted shootings happen in cycles and the media is all over them like moss on a tree? Agenda driven paranoia? Maybe if not for more gun laws, at least as distraction from something else.

Oh look here, no look there, no somewhere else, etc.

Then it all dies down and business back to normal.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
*Yawn, I love the smell of hysteria in the morning. My uncle got stopped when paranoids called the cops on him last year for carrying his rifle to the rifle place to be serviced before hunting season started. In Connecticut by the way. They up and forgot there are always lots of people with guns there, especially around hunting season.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

MmmPie

Exactly what I was thinking. Someone loads up a gun to go hunting. Entire city goes on lock down. I think the government has their slaves trained well. Had a friend who loaded his hunting rifle into the trunk of his car, unloaded, to go hunting. Some old lady down the street calls the cops and they do a felony stop 3 blocks away.

This has gotten retarded.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Heard about it from some people I know that go to UC

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Jesus Christ. Was he aiming it at people? Was he threatening anyone?

Why is this a story???

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This is a psyop for sure. All these mkultra dolls coming out at the same time.
A constant state of fear.
Terrorists are everywhere now give up your guns and the state will make it better.

The state is not to be trusted.

Violence is not the answer. Truth is.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join