It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: GOP 2016 pick a 4-way split

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

beezzer

We need people in office that won't pander to the lobbyists or PAC's in DC.

No offense, but the Conservative PACs that back the candidates you seem to like are the same ones that have pounded down any campaign finance reform and opened up the money train even further in DC.

Hell first the SCOTUS neutered McCain-Fiengold and then they declared Corporations as people...all at the behest of the same PACS that back TP folks. Look who brought those challenges.

YES...the only way to fix it is to block them from feeding at the trough...but the TP/Far Right PACs have done the precise opposite of campaign finance reform.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

beezzer

Indigo5

Yes...Cuz Rand Paul and Ted Cruz aren't conservative enough?

Sentiments like this forebode a bad GOP outcome come 2016.

West publicly accused 60 plus members of Congress of being literal "card carrying Communists".
edit on 6-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

There aren't enough principled people left in America to vote in someone of conscious, someone with morals, someone with values and who lives by them.

Beez, who's values, who's morals, who's conscience ?

Herein lies the problem, West is most likely guilty of war crimes, or at least has had decisions he has made questioned heavily, and wasn't he relieved of his command, and asked to retire, Cruz, by the birther definition is not eligible to hold the office, I think Dr. Carson would most likely considered to be an "Uncle Tom", not that I know a lot about him, and Mike Lee, I don't know enough about, which in and of itself is a problem, no name recognition.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

AlienScience

Indigo5

luciddream
reply to post by Indigo5

Who are the democrat picks? i know Hillary is in there.

Hillary ...67%
Biden ...12%
Warren..4%

At least thus far.

A significant contrast to the 4 way tie amongst GOP.

Let's not kid ourselves...Hillary is the nominee.

The Democrats will have a low key almost scripted primary just to stay in the media. Hillary and Joe will have some debates where Hillary will shine and Joe will mostly just agree with her and even praise her.

It will be a huge contrast to the dog fight that the Republican Primary will be. Because let's not forget...the four you listed are just the top contenders...you are still going to have jokers like Bachmann, Paul Ryan, and who knows who else...possibly Trump and Palin will throw themselves into the circus. And unlike the 2012 primaries where it was a bash Obama festival to see who could get the biggest jabs at him for the loudest cheers...this time it is going to be a civil war between Tea Partiers and Establishment republicans...no one is going to come out unscathed...and it's going to be AWESOME.

Bachman, Palin, Santorum, and Trump will only make the Republican Primaries a circus like last cycle. Ryan honestly might not be a bad candidate, but he needs to start now, and find out what the American public really wants. He then needs to create a credible platform to move forward on, he can't be the etch a sketch candidate that Romney was.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Indigo5

Battleline
reply to post by Indigo5

"significant scandal in the next 12 months" did you really say that ?

Hillary Clinton is a scandal unto her self, what does this woman and man whore husband have to do to make people see them for what they are, kill someone on main stream TV.

She showed very eloquently how she has no regard for human life on her watch, doesn't that mean anything?

The issue here is you substitute vitriolic language and rhetoric for actual substance and fact.

I don't blame you, as it is a necessity when following the right wing media narrative....aka...There is a HUGE scandal...just don't ask us about facts or substance.

And here's the thing...It works for 25% of voters...but not for the other 75%...and for the 25% that scream scandal when Fox tells them too...hell they weren't voting for her anyways.

Wasted energy IMO.

Benghazi on Hillary? There simply is no "There" there ...

"substance and fact" wow, the hundreds of documented pages about Bill and Hillary's past are just vitriol and rhetoric to you ?

I don't think I have ever seen or heard anyone defend the likes of Hillary Clinton before, "like minds think alike" seems to apply here.

Your defense , all spin with a little of the liberal saying "if I lie you lie more", IMO of course.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

Try looking up what conservative actually means. Conserving the constitution, only a moron thinks the GOP of today is conservative. Easy litmus test indeed.

And for the record, I see all four of those guys as a joke. I agree with Beez, I might vote for West or Carson.
edit on Wed, 06 Nov 2013 17:30:23 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Indigo5

beezzer

We need people in office that won't pander to the lobbyists or PAC's in DC.

No offense, but the Conservative PACs that back the candidates you seem to like are the same ones that have pounded down any campaign finance reform and opened up the money train even further in DC.

Hell first the SCOTUS neutered McCain-Fiengold and then they declared Corporations as people...all at the behest of the same PACS that back TP folks. Look who brought those challenges.

YES...the only way to fix it is to block them from feeding at the trough...but the TP/Far Right PACs have done the precise opposite of campaign finance reform.

I'll caveat that PAC's have all gotten out of hand. Regardless of political or party affiliation.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Indigo5

West publicly accused 60 plus members of Congress of being literal "card carrying Communists".

There aren't enough principled people left in America to vote in someone of conscious, someone with morals, someone with values and who lives by them.

Herein lies the problem, West is most likely guilty of war crimes, or at least has had decisions he has made questioned heavily, and wasn't he relieved of his command, and asked to retire, Cruz, by the birther definition is not eligible to hold the office, I think Dr. Carson would most likely considered to be an "Uncle Tom", not that I know a lot about him, and Mike Lee, I don't know enough about, which in and of itself is a problem, no name recognition.

My replies to your post varied.

But ultimately I decided to refrain from any comment that would definitely be against T&C and simply remind you that I am trying to have discussion on the merits of candidates in 2016.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

I am not sure whether calling Carson an uncle tom would endear the democrat fans any. Who knows though I guess. I think they would sink their own ship talking like that, or at least hope they would. They should be slammed for that crap, that is for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Indigo5

But ultimately I decided to refrain from any comment that would definitely be against T&C and simply remind you that I am trying to have discussion on the merits of candidates in 2016.

Beez, that was an honest post from me, not a troll. I realize I didn't comment on Rand Paul, because, I honestly think he will be a non-entity. People talk a lot about values and morals, but they vary widely. I spent a few years in a somewhat alternative lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the number of people that were sharing themselves with someone other than their spouse on Saturday night, and teaching Sunday school. I am getting to be an old man, am a veteran, the separation of people in this country by labels, scare the hell out of me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Indigo5

Beez, that was an honest post from me, not a troll. I realize I didn't comment on Rand Paul, because, I honestly think he will be a non-entity. People talk a lot about values and morals, but they vary widely. I spent a few years in a somewhat alternative lifestyle, and you wouldn't believe the number of people that were sharing themselves with someone other than their spouse on Saturday night, and teaching Sunday school. I am getting to be an old man, am a veteran, the separation of people in this country by labels, scare the hell out of me.

Yet you freely use labels of your own.

On Col. West, Cruz, and Dr. Carson.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

TKDRL

I am not sure whether calling Carson an uncle tom would endear the democrat fans any. Who knows though I guess. I think they would sink their own ship talking like that, or at least hope they would. They should be slammed for that crap, that is for sure.

I don't know a lot about him, he seems like a decent guy, just actually trying to think about the way certain voters might think. Not sure he would ever be called that, but to some the thought might be there. If anyone had the nads to actually call him that, I would agree they should be slammed. I am tire of the racial BS.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

BubbaJoe

beezzer

Indigo5

Yet you freely use labels of your own.

On Col. West, Cruz, and Dr. Carson.

But I didn't, on Col. West, I posted my opinion of the facts that have been presented, same with Cruz, and Dr. Carson, I probably used a poor choice of words, but all of this was my opinion on the candidates that had been presented.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I still see ex.Gov. Palin making noise in the Political arena.
Politics like Zappa said is the entertainment arm of the military industrial complex.

I think we all know by now that American politics shouldn't be taken seriously. It's been out of the electorates hands ever since the neocons solidified their control during Baby Bush's administration.

Those neocons are some tough, ruthless hombres and they still hold the reins of power.

So if it's gonna be a show; lets make it a good one with some real entertainers like Sarah, Michelle, Keyes and what the hell, thro Rush in there as well. Face it... Rush is the frontman for the GOP. Give him his proper place center stage.

imo...anyone that gets all worked up over this dog and pony show called American politics, is a moron.

edit on 6-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Most of these candidates are very interesting.

Please note that we have not had a general election candidate who was born inside the continental united states since Bush and Kerry in 2004. McCain was born in the Panama Canal Zone, Romney was Born in Mexico, Obama was born either in Hawaii or Kenya...
And Cruz was born in Canada. I kind of feel like there has been a deliberate building of precedent and testing of the waters for non-American presidents.
However, the Democrats don't have a questionable-citizen to run this time, unless Madeleine Albright decides to step on Hillary's toes for no good reason.

That brings us to JEB vs Hillary- another forced choice election- either way you go, your candidate comes with some termed-out strings attached. This would be a very emotional and engaging puppet show- a good type election to put down the activists on both sides and make them rejoin the base for the final battle of a whole political age spent running in circles.

Rand Paul I just can't imagine being nominated. The only reason I could see the owners of this country choosing him as their puppet is to show his supporters that it doesn't matter who they elect. That is kind of what was done to the left through Obama, so maybe it is the rights turn, but only if there is just no stopping him without causing massive outrage at least on the level of the super delegate question that made it seem crooked to many that Hillary might be nominated over Obama despite the popular vote.

Christie would be the most obvious traditional pick, as Republican candidates do seem to keep reappearing for years and eventually get their shot just as a matter of seniority, and he's definitely in that category. Clinton also has stood in line long enough to be the obvious pick now- so Clinton v Christie makes sense in the same way that Clinton v Bush does, just less dramatically.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The family name turn's me off of Bush, but I actually lived in FL while he was Governor. He was not a bad guy, no scandals attached to him, that I remember. He might have a decent shot with Hispanics, if he shows up with a good idea about immigration.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

None but the Florida ballot scandal that ended with his brother President... nothing major lol

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Kali74

None but the Florida ballot scandal that ended with his brother President... nothing major lol

Actually wasn't living in FL then, but yeah now that you mention that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

So to clear this up...The GOP has no one who can win. Hilary would mop the floor with all of them. I don't like Hilary but I know she is no lightweight. This is going to get ugly in 2016. I'm calling for a blow out.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

I don't think I would go that far. Sure Christie and Bush will be eaten alive in the primaries and not be likely to win. Either one of them really could have significant cross-over appeal. The Advantage being to Christie as he doesn't carry the Bush name.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not convinced the Hillary would be unbeatable for the Republicans. Her name does to the right what the Bush name does to the left- any nameless joe on the right who nobody would get excited about voting for could outperform expectations with his base just because he is running against someone Republicans love to hate. Not only that, she's saddled with Obama's legacy, which is equally offensive to right wing sensibilities.

Meanwhile Hillary actually left a bad taste in the mouths of some democrats when she tried to take Obama's nomination through the super delegates, in defiance of the popular vote in the primaries. Furthermore after Obama failed to roll back the Bush police state, I don't think it's going to be easy to get young idealists on the left to mobilize again.

Last but not least, Hillary Clinton is now not just a woman, but a white haired old woman. For all the progress we've made, we still haven't actually had a woman win a nation wide election in this country yet. God knows Palin deserved every mean-spirited thing that was said about her plus a few additional things that I forced myself not to say, but she still did prove the point that even among liberals, stereotypes against women in politics are not completely off limits yet.

It wouldn't take as strong a challenger as Obama was in 2008 to upset Hillary yet again and finally doom her to remain only a footnote in American political history. There is even a remote chance that a dark horse could beat her in the primaries if conditions were right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join