Poll: GOP 2016 pick a 4-way split

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Indigo5

Wookiep
If republicans can't get off the establishment train with people like Chris Christie, (and Jeb Bush WTF??) we're just going to have another 2012. This same old same old status quo crap is what is causing your party to implode on itself.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

The more Moderate GOP (Christie and Jeb) would argue the reverse, that the TP "train" is what is causing the "party to implode on itself".

Of course they would argue the reverse, and so would the MSM as always. Truth is, candidates like Paul are the true conservatives, but since they shrugged his father so badly in 2012 many ex republicans left. The "common sense" candidates are pegged as loons and the extremists are being pegged as moderates. It's all ass backwards. Either way, this division is bringing the ship down and the MSM and establishment know it, and love it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

lernmore
reply to post by trumpet

Whoa, I just puked, a little. That sounded perfectly scripted.

When, both, CNN, and FOX spew headlines like "Christie Win Sends Message to GOP", that tells me it's time for people to run the other way, and FAST!

The media just told you who they want.

The VOTERS were the ones who selected Christie...Fox and CNN just reported the results?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Are you trying to compare Rand Paul to his father???

I knew there was a cult following of Ron Paul...but I didn't think it was strong enough that people would just continue to follow Rand because he is Ron Paul's son.

From what I know about Rand...he is absolutely nothing like Ron.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Sorry for making you puke a little. Being without work makes me think there's hope in script writing! Maybe I'll apply to both parties for a job. Either way, the eventual candidates will roll out their more of the same "plans" and we'll vote, bitch and moan and go on with our lives. To quote Kang: Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

bjax9er
I will note vote for jeb bush, or crispy Kreme christy.
Ever.

My top five, not in any particular order.

Allen west
Dr. Ben Carson
Rand Paul
Ted Cruz
Mike lee.

Some good picks!

Col. West, Dr. Carson probably be at the top of my list.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by Wookiep

Are you trying to compare Rand Paul to his father???

I knew there was a cult following of Ron Paul...but I didn't think it was strong enough that people would just continue to follow Rand because he is Ron Paul's son.

From what I know about Rand...he is absolutely nothing like Ron.

No, they differ in several ways, especially foreign policy. I'm glad you asked, but afterward you assumed before getting a response which isn't too classy, guy. I have way more respect for his father.

Paul (jr) is a true conservative though, he's about the only true conservative out there in the Republican party, and yes that does make him like his father in that regard.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Wookiep

Indigo5

Wookiep
If republicans can't get off the establishment train with people like Chris Christie, (and Jeb Bush WTF??) we're just going to have another 2012. This same old same old status quo crap is what is causing your party to implode on itself.

The more Moderate GOP (Christie and Jeb) would argue the reverse, that the TP "train" is what is causing the "party to implode on itself".

Of course they would argue the reverse, and so would the MSM as always.

It is the American populace ...across hundreds of polls and elections that shows that candidates closer to the middle garner more "general" votes than candidates on the fringe.

You can't blame the Media for that reality.

In the past 27 years, there have been 7 Presidential elections and the GOP has only won the Popular vote once in that time frame.

When Pres. GWB sold himself not only as Moderate, but a "Compassionate Conservative"...remember that phrase?

And some think the solution is that they haven't moved far right enough?

It is the ever more extreme "purity tests" that the right wing demands of it's candidates that is killing the GOP IMO.

Mitt Romney was first forced to the farthest right during the Primary debates and then had to etch-n-sketch...sprint back to the middle for the General Election and he was unable to cross the distance.

Hell...the economy was pure wreckage at the time, I am not sure ANY President in history has ever managed to be re-elected with an unemployment rate at 8%? The Whitehouse should have belonged to the GOP...if not for their continual slide to the farthest right.

Just saying...I don't think we will see GOP in the Whitehouse anytime soon unless the GOP civil war is ended in short order and the pandering to extremists subsides.

And MORE...MORE..MORE Conservative will please the fringe...but doom the party.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

2 of the 4 are vomit filled bags that walk and talk.

The other 2 are actually decent choices.,

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Paul (jr) is a true conservative though, he's about the only true conservative out there in the Republican party, and yes that does make him like his father in that regard.

What exactly makes someone a "true conservative"???

What litmus test are you applying to people to give them this designation?

And have you ever heard of the "No True Scotsman" fallacy?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

"significant scandal in the next 12 months" did you really say that ?

Hillary Clinton is a scandal unto her self, what does this woman and man whore husband have to do to make people see them for what they are, kill someone on main stream TV.

She showed very eloquently how she has no regard for human life on her watch, doesn't that mean anything?

One would almost lean towards thinking the unbelievable scandal's, lies, and corruption of the Obama administration with no repercussion's for any of it is desensitizing people to the new norm of lie's and corruption of which Hillary will fit right in.

Just the fact she is even allowed to run for POTUS says volumes about the people in this country and what we have become.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by Indigo5

2 of the 4 are vomit filled bags that walk and talk.

Don't beat around the "Bush"...tell us how you really feel!

When moderates fight back: GOP civil war could be brutal in 2014 elections
www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The problem for the GOP is that Tea Party conservatives are vastly out of step with most of the US population. The GOP candidates that the population accept are hated by the Tea Party. Since the GOP has been in decline the tradition GOP canidates like Reagan would not be trashed by the Tea Party and that makes it hard to get anybody acceptable to the population though a primary. This was the problem but, it might fix itself. This little election showed a preview of most likely will be a sweep of the Tea Party from most positions in 2014. At that point the tradition GOPers might be able to right the ship and try regain some groung in 2016. The more right the GOP goes the less chance of it surviving as a national party it has. The DNC has a similar problem but backwards, they have swung very center leaving the far left with little motivation to get active. Obama would have been in Republican in Reagans era. I would like to see the Tea Party be the death of the GOP, that would mean the DNC would then also suffer intenal rifts without a common enemy and tear itself apart opening up everything for a reset.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

beezzer

bjax9er
I will note vote for jeb bush, or crispy Kreme christy.
Ever.

My top five, not in any particular order.

Allen west
Dr. Ben Carson
Rand Paul
Ted Cruz
Mike lee.

Some good picks!

Col. West, Dr. Carson probably be at the top of my list.

Yes...Cuz Rand Paul and Ted Cruz aren't conservative enough?

Sentiments like this forebode a bad GOP outcome come 2016.

West publicly accused 60 plus members of Congress of being literal "card carrying Communists".

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Indigo5

Yes...Cuz Rand Paul and Ted Cruz aren't conservative enough?

Sentiments like this forebode a bad GOP outcome come 2016.

West publicly accused 60 plus members of Congress of being literal "card carrying Communists".

They just aren't right for the job.

We need people in office that won't pander to the lobbyists or PAC's in DC.

Though discussions like this are probably just an exercise in futility.

There aren't enough principled people left in America to vote in someone of conscious, someone with morals, someone with values and who lives by them.

America will just vote in the "prettiest whore" of the group of whores.

Sorry, feeling a bit disgruntled lately.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Battleline
reply to post by Indigo5

"significant scandal in the next 12 months" did you really say that ?

Hillary Clinton is a scandal unto her self, what does this woman and man whore husband have to do to make people see them for what they are, kill someone on main stream TV.

She showed very eloquently how she has no regard for human life on her watch, doesn't that mean anything?

The issue here is you substitute vitriolic language and rhetoric for actual substance and fact.

I don't blame you, as it is a necessity when following the right wing media narrative....aka...There is a HUGE scandal...just don't ask us about facts or substance.

And here's the thing...It works for 25% of voters...but not for the other 75%...and for the 25% that scream scandal when Fox tells them too...hell they weren't voting for her anyways.

Wasted energy IMO.

Benghazi on Hillary? There simply is no "There" there ...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The GOP is indeed in a self-inflicted death spiral.

They have almost a large minority of the extreme radical right wing now known as the Tea Party...and no candidate can cleanly survive a primary unless they move so far to the right that these radicals are appeased.

But then the problem is that they had to move so far to the right during the primary that when the general election comes around they look absolutely crazy and very hard to elect...even for Republicans who go out to vote in the generals but not in the primaries.

Death spiral...need to be extreme right wing to win the primary...but that loses you the general election.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

If Warren ran I would vote for her even though she's a Democrat. I don't see myself voting for any other Democrat ever again and I would be surprised if she could beat out Hillary fever. Maybe after Hillary's 8 years.

The GOP is screwed for President next go around, barring someone unexpected. I think Cruz should be allowed to run... aint nothing like a spotlight to make the roaches run.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

beezzer

We need people in office that won't pander to the lobbyists or PAC's in DC.

Brother, you hit it right on the head. If right, left, conservative, progressive, et al., came together and got rid of the money pouring in from special interests, we might see some honest work from our elected officials. It would be nice to say, here's $1 million to run for president. Let's see the candidates budget their way to election, then we might actually get some insight into responsibility in spending and balancing budgets. But, that's the idealist in me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Make no mistake.

Hilary beats Paul Ryan in 2016.

Ryan runs on a "YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR ROMNEY" Ticket. Rand Paul might even get a VP nod, but I'm not confident on this front.

Hilary's VP is going to be a sitting Senator. Probably Elizabeth Warren, but then again, I'm not married to Warren or Rand Paul.

But it IS Hilary over Ryan.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Battleline

Hilary Clinton has the singular ability to take a scandal and -increase- her political power because of it. It's unreal. 3 more scandals and she will be Queen of England and Chancellor of Germany.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join