It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: GOP 2016 pick a 4-way split

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Poll: GOP 2016 pick a 4-way split

The Public Policy Polling survey shows that Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Rand Paul are the favorites among Republican voters, tied at 16 percent.

But Sen. Ted Cruz and Gov. Jeb Bush closely follow at 15 and 14 percent, respectively, setting up a virtual tie between the four potential candidates.

Gov. Chris Christie 16%
Sen. Rand Paul 16%
Sen. Ted Cruz 15%
Gov. Jeb Bush 14%

Virtual tie...or seen another way..

Gov. Chris Christie and Gov. Jeb Bush (Moderate GOP) or "RINO", depending on your leanings: 30%

Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Ted Cruz (Tea Party) or "Far Right" dependent on your leanings: 30%

The GOP is split.

Another way to view these contenders is in relation to Hillary Clinton...who crushes Joe Biden by 55% amongst the Democrats and will no doubt be the Nominee affording there is no significant scandal in the next 12 months.

Things are much clearer among Democrats, with Hillary Clinton trouncing Vice President Joe Biden — the second place candidate — by 55 points. She receives 67 percent of Democratic support compared to his 12 percent.

Ranked by who competes best against Clinton:

Gov. Christie (comes the closest) Trailing Clinton in a General Election by only 5 points.
Sen. Cruz (does the worst) Trailing Clinton by 17 points.

www.politico.com...

That's it for the numbers, but more to the point...

WHO would ATS like to see grab the nomination...and who would you like to see NOT.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Looks like another democrat president then!
Cruz is not eligible and all of them are hardcore sellouts!
And no way will the people ever come together and get a 3rd party candidate in.
Shame...
Merica.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Is Cruz even eligible?

Right now, my vote goes to none of the above, though I agree with Cruz and Paul's messages the most.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I honestly do not believe this country will make it to 2016 for another presidential election. If the two headed, one party monster can perpetuate their scheme that long, I will be freakin speechless!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Please, no more Bush's. Cruz is irrational. Rand is too far right. Although I am not a Republican, I have at times admired the leadership that Christie has shown. I think he would garner more of the moderate vote than the others, which would be necessary in a general election. He might get my vote.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Is Cruz even eligible?

Right now, my vote goes to none of the above, though I agree with Cruz and Paul's messages the most.

The bottom line on Cruz? HE thinks he is eligible and thus will (or more accurately is) running.

He was born in Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother and a Cuban father.

So...He was NOT born on American Soil, but was born to an American Mother and granted citizenship by birth.

And the Supreme Court has yet to rule on precisely what "Natural Born Citizen" means.

Schwarzenegger? Born to two foreign parents on foreign soil..No
McCain...Born to two Americans on pseudo-American soil "Panama Canal Zone"...Spurred congress to declare McCain a Natural Born Citizen to clear up confusion.

Cruz?...We will see, but I suspect the Birther Crowd to do a 360..."Hell yes" he is eligible.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

trumpet
reply to post by Indigo5

Please, no more Bush's. Cruz is irrational. Rand is too far right. Although I am not a Republican, I have at times admired the leadership that Christie has shown. I think he would garner more of the moderate vote than the others, which would be necessary in a general election. He might get my vote.

Which seems to be the thinking amongst the general populace vs. GOP base.

If I needed to predict, I'd put Christie as the pick. The money backers have mostly abandoned the TP after the shut-down/debt ceiling debate. Politics aside, W-Street and CEO's see the TP as dangerous for business.

I think it will be Rand and Christie fighting for the nomination as proxies for the division in the GOP.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Who are the democrat picks? i know Hillary is in there.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Please give me just about anybody that is a complete opposite of what we have now! No more ramming unwanted laws down the throats of Americans! Gone be the lies being spewed from POTUS and then told to the people that he meant something else! Do away with the entire liberal agenda, then we may see the America that once was.

EDIT: I do believe that this administration got a big one over on the world. They have, in just a few short years, laid the ground work for a completely different type of country. One that will be full of (more) intrusive governments, less individual liberties, and more police presence. It will be very scary for all of us if the liberal agenda is allowed to move freely forward and advance.

Some of supporters of Obama still remain blind, many more 'were once blind, but now they can see'. I want my country back!

edit on 11/6/2013 by GNOarmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If republicans can't get off the establishment train with people like Chris Christie, (and Jeb Bush WTF??) we're just going to have another 2012. This same old same old status quo crap is what is causing your party to implode on itself.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I would agree, probably boils down to those two. I think Christie is more electable, but remember how he was abandoned by the far-right and the money holders during the last cycle. I seem to recall Ann Coultre going so far as to make fat jokes...so I'm not sure how keen the party is on him. Republican party is pretty well fractured at the moment. Rand Paul seems reactive and not always well thought out to me. It will be interesting. On the flip side, must we endure two years of build up? It seems as though politics has become all in our society.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by trumpet

Whoa, I just puked, a little. That sounded perfectly scripted.

When, both, CNN, and FOX spew headlines like "Christie Win Sends Message to GOP", that tells me it's time for people to run the other way, and FAST!

The media just told you who they want.

Hey, I dug his repeat of the Reagan something, something on the hill speech...

the first, like, 15 times I heard it.

I think they removed his spine during the surgery, though.

Indigo5
If I needed to predict, I'd put Christie as the pick.

Seals it for me. Straight from the propaganda himself.

They're starting to attempt influence already.

Christie is officially off the list.

edit on 6-11-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The Republicans are so screwed.

I actually think Jeb Bush has the best chance to survive the circus that is the Republican Primary. Rand doesn't have a chance...Ted Cruz is now shackled with his moronic plan of shutting down the government...and Christy doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut or use any tact at all, which serves him well as a governor...but will be an absolute turn off for appearing "Presidential".

Jeb does have the taint of "Bush" on him, but other than that he is not well known and that alone will allow him to just coast by through the primaries as the others tear each other apart...just like Romney did.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Cruz?...We will see, but I suspect the Birther Crowd to do a 360..."Hell yes" he is eligible.
reply to post by Indigo5

And in a feat of superhuman brainwashing only a super PAC could love, the whole Birther meme will be disowned scrubbed from internet history.

I can't wait to hear the high octane talking points for that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Indigo5

Hillary ...67%
Biden ...12%
Warren..4%

At least thus far.

A significant contrast to the 4 way tie amongst GOP.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

When, both, CNN, and FOX spew headlines like "Christie Win Sends Message to GOP", that tells me it's time for people to run the other way, and FAST!

Absolutely correct. This is exactly how they presented Romney in 2012. "They" already know who they want, just another establishment shill. This is why the republican party is doomed to keep failing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I will note vote for jeb bush, or crispy Kreme christy.
Ever.

My top five, not in any particular order.

Allen west
Dr. Ben Carson
Rand Paul
Ted Cruz
Mike lee.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Wookiep
If republicans can't get off the establishment train with people like Chris Christie, (and Jeb Bush WTF??) we're just going to have another 2012. This same old same old status quo crap is what is causing your party to implode on itself.

In the end, it really doesn't matter if they go with establishment or extreme candidates...they have lost their demographic...old people die and that is why they are losing.

The Republicans platform is outdated and no longer in line with the majority of Americans. They can run the picture perfect establishment candidate like Romney and lose or they could run a looney toon like Cruz or Paul and still lose but by much more.

The Tea Party is a regional phenomenon...it doesn't work on the national stage.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Indigo5

luciddream
reply to post by Indigo5

Hillary ...67%
Biden ...12%
Warren..4%

At least thus far.

A significant contrast to the 4 way tie amongst GOP.

Let's not kid ourselves...Hillary is the nominee.

The Democrats will have a low key almost scripted primary just to stay in the media. Hillary and Joe will have some debates where Hillary will shine and Joe will mostly just agree with her and even praise her.

It will be a huge contrast to the dog fight that the Republican Primary will be. Because let's not forget...the four you listed are just the top contenders...you are still going to have jokers like Bachmann, Paul Ryan, and who knows who else...possibly Trump and Palin will throw themselves into the circus. And unlike the 2012 primaries where it was a bash Obama festival to see who could get the biggest jabs at him for the loudest cheers...this time it is going to be a civil war between Tea Partiers and Establishment republicans...no one is going to come out unscathed...and it's going to be AWESOME.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Wookiep

The more Moderate GOP (Christie and Jeb) would argue the reverse, that the TP "train" is what is causing the "party to implode on itself".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join