It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drug psychosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Someone close to me has been acting very strange,
They don't trust anyone right now.
They are in a clinic and he tells us they are corrupt people.
They are burrying watches thinking it will make them dissapear.
Also acting very paranoid, also mentioned asension being one with nature.

Also found some strange drawings and messing with words spelled backwards.

Any helpful info would be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Psychosis is a dreadful thing to behold, do what you can and listen if you can.

However kooky they may seem it always makes sense to do a little investigating when charges of corruption are made, these types of institutions can have a very bad track record.

Sorry to hear about your friend's trouble.

(Great avatar btw)
edit on 6-11-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

If by "drug psychosis" you mean he is committed to withdrawing from drugs, that can be a difficult thing depending on what drugs, how heavy the habit and how long a "run" they were on.

Withdrawal can be a nightmare and not indicative of the persons mental state while they are going through it.

An addict "kicking" a habit can say all kinds of stuff or exhibit all kinds of weird behavior. Some of it isn't pretty. Some of it is a ruse to get out so they can go back to using.

Hardest thing to do is kick a drug, alcohol, cigarette habit.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Anyone know if people on psychosis can experience mind reading.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

ElOmen

Alrighty then...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
(I cannot give medical advice, but can opinionate based on my qualifications. Thats all.)

You didnt mention meds taken or not, or withdrawing from...so Im assuming one or a combination of those, is the case.

It does sound within the parameters of "drug psychosis" but the variables are too wide to be sure.
ie: Type and dosage
diagnosis and diagnostic tests performed
length of prescriptions-prescribed
side effects, counter reactions and indications

All of the above...in any order, or jumbled up configuration...can produce a pharmacutical form of psychosis due to a myriad of combinations and conflicts.

Id be curious just as to diagnosis, prescribed meds, and length of time taken.

MStranger EMT/ERT Advanced Life Support

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Ironic. Mankind is supposedly transitioning into a Golden Age, through great waves of change, aka, ascension. The mayan prediction of "the end of the world as we know it" wasn't actually saying the world was ending, but rather saying the way we have viewed the world for a very long time, will change completely. Ascension being man would ascend from the 4th dimension into the 5th. We're starting to find 4-stranded dna, which is CRAAAZY, considering for as long as we've known dna, the very thing that makes and creates us, has only been a double strand. Just a fun idea, though I am an avid believer in such.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

ElOmen
Someone close to me has been acting very strange,
They don't trust anyone right now.
They are in a clinic and he tells us they are corrupt people.
They are burrying watches thinking it will make them dissapear.
Also acting very paranoid, also mentioned asension being one with nature.

Also found some strange drawings and messing with words spelled backwards.

Any helpful info would be appreciated.

Possibly bath salts? I've known two people (who don't know each other) who were heavy users of Naphyrone for an extended period of time who both ended up with psychosis that persisted well after they stopped using. One of them was hospitalized for about a month and came out with some lingering "tendencies" but in the year since has made a complete recovery.

The other person is an old friend from out of state who called me one night and told me that he believed a time travelling alien AI was controlling people's minds through some sort of quantum mind control. He's got periods where he is less obsessed but he's since self published some ebooks and has many thousands of followers on FB, a blog, etc and didn't receive any treatment. He claimed to sometimes know what people were going to say before they said it and made a lot of predictions and of course not a single one came true but he would restructure his delusion to fit the new circumstances.

They were both demonstrating classic symptoms of psychosis with an extremely high degree of paranoia. They both had really serious, complex delusions with religious overtones and believed themselves to be victims of gang stalking. They both also heard internal voices that weren't their own. Lots of parallels between the two that lead me to believe that their symptoms were manifested by some mechanism acting on very specific regions of the brain perhaps? Similar to how '___' users will talk of common hallucinations like mechanical elves.

Then again, there's also a family friend that developed schizophrenia in his freshman year of college and believed that he was being observed through his TV and to the best of my knowledge, it had nothing to do with any drug use at all.
edit on 6-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Just remind him that he is in a dream like state, essentially a waking dream. His left-right hemisphere balance is off. Chemically too because the brain is electro-chemical after all. There's more to it, but he just needs to be reassured that everything will be alright and that he'll eventually come out of it.

As for the paranoia, a lot of it has to do with your internal brain structures such as the thalamus, amygdala, and hippocamus creating a feedback loop of anxiety causing, stressful emotions/thoughts. This in and of itself can cause a person to breakdown, regardless of drugs:

Amygdala Hijack

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I feel bad for this person. No offense, but based on your post there, you are not the person that should be helping the friend with psychosis.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

ElOmen

Is this person ... you?

I'd say get off the drugs before you develop epilepsy or something.
edit on 7-11-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

No it is not me.

Everything is gonna be okay.

top topics

join