It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got My Insurance Cancellation Letter Today (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I really don't think anyone is trying to dismiss these points you make. The patriot act was a good example. Was the patriot act a good idea? Hell no, screw Bush for ever enacting it. But guess who is in charge NOW, and guess who extended it? I blame Bush for creating the patriot act, yes. Right NOW, however, we have a president who not only extended it, but EXPANDED it with NDAA. The NDAA blame goes completely to Obama, not Bush because Obama created it, EVEN if Bush may have hoped for it eventually. I guess I don't get why that is so hard for you to understand this.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How do you edit a post and end up with two? Arghh....
edit on 6-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sorry you got it. I am sure mine is coming. this Obama bend you over care is just stupid. So you are in the 5% huh? more like the 99% the 1 % is exempted from it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I get it.

Nixon signed HMO Act, Obama strengthened it with ACA.
Bushg signed Patriot Act, Obama strengthened it with NDAA.

I don't blame Obama.
I don't blame Nixon.
I don't blame Bush.

They are only the tools of the People. It is like blaming the gun for doing the shooting. Don't blame the government, the People elected them. I blame anyone who votes Republican or Democrat after it is shown time and time again that neither can be trusted. Stop voting for the lesser of two evils, they are both evil.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

kurthall

I am working, but in case you have not noticed, even before this whole AHCA mess started, a lot of company's were cutting back insurance, getting rid of it, changing it for lesser (crap) policies. So right now My job offers NO insurance, unless you were "grandfathered" in. So your SOL if you are a new employee.

And you look for a new job with better benefits. Companies provide better benefits to retain good employees that they value. My company promised to keep us in a top notch plan with no changes or increased costs for us. In fact our plan is better than what the insurance companies employees get.

Myself I would not want to be in a job where they do not value my services. Don't you feel used and abused?
edit on 6-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The problem with these rants is that they are absent many facts.

What I see is people getting better coverage for a lot less than they would have to pay individually.

My guess is that the OP policy had a very large deductible/copay/coinsurance to keep his monthly payment down. That works fine if you are perpetually healthy. However, wait until the big C hits (cancer) or you have huge payments. Been there, done that.

Wait until you have a claim and the insurance company that you love so much decides to cancel your policy. How can they? Because people will leave some little error in their initial application. For example, let's say you had a medical history of asthma when you were a kid, but since you grew up after the age of 12 you have had none. Well, you fill out the application for insurance stating that you have no history of asthma, thinking your illness as a child should not matter anymore. Well, guess what. Insurance companies would take your money, your monthly premium, and happily sign you up. However, the minute you begin to look like an expense, they may pick through your initial application, find a false fact, and deny you coverage. They may, of course, refund your premiums. Let's say the premiums added up to $40,000. They save money big time because the C cost is $250,000 and you are left holding the bag. Welcome to the world without Obamacare.

Let's get real here. The AHCA is a darn good deal. We are all in a co-op, as if we had a giant employer providing an employee benefit, and we have clout. This is long overdue. I support it 100%!

If you don't like the plan, then be sure to disenroll from Medicare when you reach 65, so you can pay $2000/month for medical coverage. Insurance companies know that 90% of your lifetime medical costs will occur in the last 2 years of your life. Do you think they would want to insure anyone over 65? Do you think they are the good guys on your side? Think again, please.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
I'm sorry for your hardship, but I'm glad that everyone's insurance prices are going up.

Real change won't happen until those that are comfortable are made uncomfortable.

Your hatred for those who are comfortable is quite clear. The people who you think are "comfortable" are struggling to pay their bills as it is, and now you're happy that healthcare costs are going up which could finally bankrupt American families?

Unbelievable. there is nothing good about this unaffordable act nightmare, absolutely nothing. People like you are part of the problem. You need to rethink your position. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Fair enough. How much do you want to bet that the next Republican president won't scrap the ACA -- but rather continue and expand it.

Both sides bootstrap and use each other's platforms for their own purposes.

Bush created patriot act, Obama extended it.

Obama created Obamacare, the next Republican president will extend it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The little ma&pa ISP I work for told us all our insurance will be canceled and they decided to not offer company insurance any longer, we have to get new plans. I have monthly doc appt for degenerative disc disease in my back and today was told I'd have to pay cash $150 cash price for next visit or get new insurance

The Obama crap site the price is too high I live paycheck to paycheck and I can't pay what it quotes

I'll be uninsured now on the lime between poverty but not low enough to be free and not making enough to keep insurance, so I'm forced out of health care

Which to me is like I got picked for no insurance by an invisible death panel so to speak

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Let's get real here. The AHCA is a darn good deal.

No it is not, for many many people. Take me for example.. I don't have insurance and don't want it. I could go to a local walk in clinic for $140 per visit, in and out. (maybe once or twice a year?) With this forced ACA, they want me to spend around $250 a month, mandatory. Good deal? No way! It's a good deal for the insurance companies! My mother is very poor and has medicaid already, what is this ACA doing for her?? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
Also:

I don't have medical insurance, and I haven't seen a doctor in 19 years, as I can't afford it. I won't be signing up for the ACA either.

Good luck with that and your new friends at the IRS.

The penalty in 2014 and beyond

The penalty in 2014 is calculated one of 2 ways. You’ll pay whichever of these amounts is higher:

1% of your yearly household income. The maximum penalty is the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan.

$95 per person for the year ($47.50 per child under 18). The maximum penalty per family using this method is $285.

The fee increases every year. In 2015 it’s 2% of income or $325 per person. In 2016 and later years it’s 2.5% of income or $695 per person. After that it is adjusted for inflation.

If you’re uninsured for just part of the year, 1/12 of the yearly penalty applies to each month you’re uninsured. If you’re uninsured for less than 3 months, you don’t have a make a payment.

Learn more about the individual responsibility payment from the Internal Revenue Service.

While the ACA makes it appear the IRS won't have much recourse if you choose to not pay (other than confiscating any TAX refunds you think you might have), I wouldn't count on their collection options being entirely toothless moving forward.

Lovely program.

Pay more. Get less. Otherwise, join the ranks of those indebted to the federal government. Bye bye school loans. Bye bye home loans. Bye bye certain kinds of employment. On and on...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Cito
The little ma&pa ISP I work for told us all our insurance will be canceled and they decided to not offer company insurance any longer, we have to get new plans. I have monthly doc appt for degenerative disc disease in my back and today was told I'd have to pay cash $150 cash price for next visit or get new insurance

The Obama crap site the price is too high I live paycheck to paycheck and I can't pay what it quotes

I'll be uninsured now on the lime between poverty but not low enough to be free and not making enough to keep insurance, so I'm forced out of health care

Which to me is like I got picked for no insurance by an invisible death panel so to speak

Well your little ma&pa ISP you work for is lying their asses of to you.

They are not required to change a damn thing this year...they are doing this for their own gain...the ACA isn't forcing them to do it.

But you go ahead and be mad at Obama...that will show em.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

SheopleNation

MichaelPMaccabee
I'm sorry for your hardship, but I'm glad that everyone's insurance prices are going up.

Real change won't happen until those that are comfortable are made uncomfortable.

Your hatred for those who are comfortable is quite clear. The people who you think are "comfortable" are struggling to pay their bills as it is, and now you're happy that healthcare costs are going up which could finally bankrupt American families?

Unbelievable. there is nothing good about this unaffordable act nightmare, absolutely nothing. People like you are part of the problem. You need to rethink your position. ~$heopleNation

YES! I am -deliriously- happy that more and more people are being made uncomfortable by our government. THAT IS WHAT PROMPTS CHANGE. Fat, lazy, slack-jawed, comfortable people don't make waves. Hungry, cold, and impoverished people get things done.

Washington didn't cross the Delaware on July 4th in a pontoon boat, my friend.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by Wookiep

Fair enough. How much do you want to bet that the next Republican president won't scrap the ACA -- but rather continue and expand it.

Both sides bootstrap and use each other's platforms for their own purposes.

Bush created patriot act, Obama extended it.

Obama created Obamacare, the next Republican president will extend it.

If they extend or especially expand it, no matter who is in office then I hope we see rioting in the streets. Seriously, should have been happening already IMO but I think the ignorance of people has kept everyone too docile for now..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Tell that to the people who are having a rise in monthly premiums and $5000 - $10000 deductibles as well with no subsidies because they make too much money. This law has a few good improvements in the healthcare system that keep getting repeated over and over again, but has MANY MANY MANY flaws that the Democrats are desperately trying to sweep under the rug and completely overshadow the good improvements. Stop focusing on the good things and look at the flaws, they are slapping the country in the face.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

AlienScience
They are not required to change a damn thing this year...they are doing this for their own gain...the ACA isn't forcing them to do it.

Oh? Perhaps the plans weren't up to snuff with the ACA rules and that was why they were canceled? You know things like offering OBGYN maternity care insurance to single males is awfully important and we can't have plans that don't cover it now, can we? Statements like you just made are what got Obama caught in a liar's web when he loudly declared "If you like your current insurance, you can keep it." (and was thankfully videotaped numerous times saying it, or else the sheep would simply contentedly bleat along with his current claim that he never said that.)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

loam

MichaelPMaccabee
Also:

I don't have medical insurance, and I haven't seen a doctor in 19 years, as I can't afford it. I won't be signing up for the ACA either.

Good luck with that and your new friends at the IRS.

I'm willing to be penalized and will pay the penalty. However, when it comes time to elect new representatives, I will do what I always do, Vote Green.

(I think Hilary is going to repeal the entire mess anyway.)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

If they extend or especially expand it, no matter who is in office then I hope we see rioting in the streets. Seriously, should have been happening already IMO but I think the ignorance of people has kept everyone too docile for now..

Yes...let's riot because we can no longer be kicked off of our insurance plan when we get sick...let's riot because we no longer have pre-existing conditions...let's riot because we no longer have an annual/lifetime cap of coverage....

Or no...let's not riot...because we have nothing to riot about.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee
YES! I am -deliriously- happy that more and more people are being made uncomfortable by our government. THAT IS WHAT PROMPTS CHANGE. Fat, lazy, slack-jawed, comfortable people don't make waves. Hungry, cold, and impoverished people get things done.

...not when the government subsidizes them, they don't. They create a voter bloc that refuses to vote against the Meal Ticket, regardless of how badly said Meal Ticket ruins the economy and the nation's prosperity.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Obamacare is obviously flawed. Can you imagine a child raised in house with parents as dysfunctional as Congress? The way I see it the left sold out to the right and to insurance companies by way of foregoing a public option (let alone considering single-payer) and choosing to model the PPACA after Romney's plan and the right returned the favor by doing everything possible to continue sabotaging the PPACA anyway.

But let us not forget that there are real and serious problems with our healthcare system: we're already spending way more than any other country on healthcare with no end to the increase in sight and we have tens of millions of uninsured and under insured people in this country. How many people have held on to a job they hated because they needed the benefits? How many people have been denied coverage for pre-existing conditions? How many times a day do insurance companies deny expensive diagnostic tests and operations as a matter of procedure to maintain their always high profits, making patients and doctors jump through bureaucratic hoops to get what they need? How many uninsured people are clogging up emergency rooms or waiting until they're in dire straits to seek medical attention exacerbating costs--costs that we all ultimately pay anyway and at effectively emergency room rates to boot?

Remember reading a couple years ago about how Columbia/HCA with (R Gov-Fla) Rick Scott, co-founder and CEO at the helm, bilked American tax payers to the tune of almost $2 billion through Medicare fraud?

Our elected officials need to stfu, stop posturing, and fix what is broken.

Getting back on topic, there are two bills that have been proposed to address the cancellations caused by the PPACA's grandfather clause:

Senator Ron Johnson's If You Like Your Health Care Plan You Can Keep It Act

Senator Mary Landrieu's Keeping the Affordable Care Act Promise Act

What I personally like about Mary Landrieu's bill is this:

Sen. Landrieu's legislation will allow individuals to keep their current health plan at their choice as long as policyholders stay up-to-date with their payments. It will also provide policyholders information from their insurance company as to which parts of the policy do not meet minimum coverage standards made available in new plans, such as hospitalization, laboratory services and prenatal care. This will allow consumers to make informed decisions about their health plans.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join