It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost picture? What do you think of this one?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

That is a wonderful story, Gwynn. Thanks. Yes, I agree - what to someone else might have been "just a rainbow", or "just a shadow" - can have significance for someone else who is in pain or trouble, or even joy.

Do you know the story of Rainbow Bridge? Fits your story perfectly..

Yes, Lyle had "multiple lives" as well. We got him as a kitten, but he was - erm - accident prone? Once he set himself on fire by sitting with his fluffy tail too close to the candle on the coffee table. Had to "put him out."

Then, some years later, he had his head run over (Yes, His Head) by my husband's full-size truck. Husband was horrified, and got out and lifted him up, pushed his trachea back into place, wept and apologized, and put him in a bag in an empty barrel with a lid for later proper burial - I was at work, and he was on his way to work.

I got home late that evening, and he told me what had happened. I was so upset that I went into a sort of shock and said, we can take care of it in the morning, it's too late, it's midnight, and I'm tired.

The next morning, husband got up before I did, and went out to attend to Lyle's remains. I didn't know this, as I was still in bed....but he came back into the bedroom a couple minutes later and grabbed my shoulder and rolled me over to face him.

I said, "Yeah, I know, we have to take care of Lyle."

And he said, "He's NOT GONE!" He had gone to retrieve the bag (and Lyle), and found the old guy purring and looking up at him, blinking, and wide awake.

We rushed him to the vet, and it was touch-and-go, wait-and-see for several days. I visited him at the vet's every day (they are wonderful there, too), and gradually, he got better. With a run-over skull! He wasn't blind, or deaf, no bones were broken - and he regained is full self, but walked with a wobble after that.

As he got older, he became less 'agile', more 'wobbly', and eventually it was old-age that did him in.

I, too, make the excruciating choice to let him go when he was no longer able to control his bladder, even while sleeping he would wet all over the bed or pillow or chair...

For two years I kept thinking (he won't make it through this winter)...but he did. This time, though, it was clear that he wouldn't have the same quality of life (indoor/outdoor at his preference - he had even house-trained himself and preferred to go outside to relieve himself) - I couldn't imagine keeping him in a crate, and I couldn't deal with cleaning up his urine EVERYWHERE.

So, we took him over, had the vet check him; he had early kidney failure and hypothyroid, his hair was falling out, he still had an appetite and thirst, and moved around, mostly slept, though, and loved lap time and grooming, as per his usual self.

Poor old guy. The vet allowed us to be with him; he gave him the ketamine to sedate him, and left the room saying he'd be back in a few. I knelt down as the drug settled in, so I was looking in Lyle's beautiful blue eyes, and told him I loved him. He purred and purred, and I could see him drowsing away - and then his eyes dilated to 100%, and his little pink tongue slid out from between his teeth. I knew he didn't "see me" anymore. So, when the doc came back in for the final shot, I knew Lyle was comfortable, and slipped away to the other side of Rainbow Bridge, where all my other beloved animals are...ALL of his companions from his life had preceded him. Now we have 4 left who knew him.

One of those who preceded him was our big yellow lab, Megan. She died two winters ago, and shortly afterward a dead tree in our yard fell over - and the end of it had a smiley face on it. It was aimed at her favorite spot under the yew shrub...I call it "ghost of Megan", that 'smiley face' log.

Every time I step outside, I see that 'smiley face' log lying there, and I say, "Hey, Meg."

We haven't bothered to cut up that tree and burn it. Maybe never will. We had to have her cremated because it was deep winter and had to wait 3 days after she died due to blizzard conditions and impassable roads for them to come get her. We have her cremains on the piano, and a pic of her on the fridge (along with other furry family members) with the story of the Rainbow Bridge stuck beside it.

Blessings to you, you gave SplatCat a second chance, and you know he loved you for it.
We are kindred, gwynn. Thanks for sharing your story.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Although I tend to look for logical explanations, I'd like to think that maybe this is a sign or a message from the 'other side' ( or whatever one wants to call it ). If you love a pet, I believe they can come back and visit you. I believe animals have a soul\spirit. They're aware and they have emotions. Their senses of loyalty and devotion far exceed most humans.

A few years ago, I would have dismissed your pic as a reflection. I was once a big skeptic, but I've changed my tune these last few years.

A friend's mother lost her cat recently to a nasty virus. She swears she saw him playing in the field behind her house a couple weeks ago. He was jumping at butterflies and chasing them like he always did. She's a very level-headed person, not some flighty airhead. I believe her.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Well, I'ma go with the "shocking" idea that it is a sign, meant for me, as the other animal lovers and believers in such things have said.

Hope it didn't take too much out of you to tell me again, and hope you recover from your shock. Thanks, anyway.

All depends on how much you tune in to your environment and things that aren't always meant to be for others. For us, IT IS Lyle's spirit, regardless of the medium, the "cold hard facts", and so, I accept it.

Have a great day!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Thanks very much for that.
They're still around - I'm sure of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
wildtimes,

This thread reminded me of the "kitty nightmare" video from reddit. It's very cool. A kitten is having a restless dream and the mother cat hugs it.

Cat hug

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
it's light and there is other evidence of it in the photo (reflected in dogs eyes and in the upper left corner of the photo).

your kitty may still be hanging around in spirit but i don't think this particular photo is evidence of that.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Xquizit
Hmmm.... I Know you said it was overcast, but I'm going to have to agree with the status quo. It definitely looks like sun shinning as can be seen numerously throughout the picture

ETA: you can see light in your pups eyes, on the lid of the cooler, on the dirt (right side of dog) and also right above the chair.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

Good catches! Also, it appears like sun on the ground too. Definitely in the dogs eyes.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wildtimes,

Thank you so much, I had never heard the story of the Rainbow Bridge before. I looked it up, and am glad I did - you are right, it fits both of our stories perfectly. Posting the site I found here, for others who might be interested: Rainbow Bridge

Kindred indeed! Your Lyle certainly did have an extra life or two up his paws... I kept trying to formulate a comprehensive response, but instead, I will just say that I think you know exactly how I feel. I am very glad you posted your OP and even more glad that we exchanged our stories of our much loved pets.

Best wishes,
Gwynn

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Stop lying. You can clearly see the light source in the dogs eyes lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kcabmi

Dude. I said in the OP that I thought it was just light. I even admitted it. Some of us have enjoyed the idea; so? What's it to you? I'm not lying - it DOES give the impression of a cat-shaped aura. It DOES make me think of Lyle.

Same as a cloud might, or a round depression on the bed. Gimme a break, I'm not 9 years old - I just thought I'd share a pic... and my husband and my 'responses' to it. Yeah, it's an optical illusion.

Jeez, some people have no imagination. What a dull way to live.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Looks like your cat to me, WildTimes.

My deceased cat still comes around to visit me. I feel him rub my legs sometimes while I'm at the computer, and I've felt him at my feet in bed a few times. He used to always sleep at my feet. I miss him terribly.

Your cat was beautiful!!
I hope it gives you some peace knowing he is still with you.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks, sled! Yes, it does give me peace, and I know he's still here.

------------------------------

To everyone sensitive who has replied: You are kind, giving, and thoughtful people. Thanks you very much for your supportive responses. Yes, it's all in the 'eye of the beholder'. Those for whom an 'image' provides some kind of extra-sensory awareness of what lies beyond the veil are the kind of people I enjoy conversing with.

Right now I am reading Chris Carter's first (of a series of 3, copyrights 2007, 2010, and 2012) book about psi and science. The first few chapters have talked about how psi has effectively been proven, and how people like James Randi (a magician and rabid 'skeptic' have deliberately SQUELCHED the information.

I highly recommend this book, and judging by what I've read so far, the other two (which await my attention once I'm up to speed with the first) promise to be even MORE encouraging for those of us die-hard "New Age woowoo zonked out weirdos", who know what we know, whether you like it, or know it, or not!

Here's the site for the first:
Science and Psychic Phenomena: The Fall of the House of Skeptics

Science and Psychic Phenomena is a critical examination of the arguments of the skeptics. Starting with the history of the controversy, dating back to the scientific revolution of the 17th century, this book reappraises the controversy in light of 20th and 21st century scientific and philosophic developments.

Highly readable and immensely entertaining, the book also provides the reader with some striking anecdotal case studies. Upon finishing this book, the reader will understand the startling nature of the ‘holy war’ that has been fought for three centuries by opponents and proponents of the paranormal.

So, all you one-liner skeptic know-it-alls are actually behind the times, REGARDLESS of whether or not that sunlight reflects an aura of my cat's essence and what you think about it.

Put your grown-up pants on, and start opening your mind. And leave my cat out of it, please.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

MadMax9

Oh grow up! This isn't 1921

This here folks is what we call a closed minded individual. Not to mention, one who is not only rude, but clearly makes no sense with said comment. Please feel free to point and laugh at this person as much as you need to. On a more serious note, I believe you wild times, I have a ghost pic of one of my old dogs, and I know for a fact its not some trick of light, fake, hoax, reflection, or what have you. You don't need these clowns on here to mock you, and tell you what its not.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's a strange reflection... Anyways condoleances on losing your cat. I have two and they are my everything. Love yor dog!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss.

For you ~ In memory of Lyle

(be sure to click on the twinkling star in the upper right corner)

www.in-memory-of-pets.com...

edit on 24-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

MrLimpet

I'm so sorry for your loss.

For you ~ In memory of Lyle
(be sure to click on the twinkling star in the upper right corner)

www.in-memory-of-pets.com...

That is such a cool and thoughtful thing that you did for Wildtimes!

I want to put my cat on that site. Please instruct me how to do it. I don't see any links to home pages. Send me a personal message, if you wish.
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A PM is on it's way to you sled.

(new here,...hope it got to you)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join