It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuperPod West Canadian Coast...anything up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So I always wonder about these stories when I see them.

This relates back to another thread on the Oarfish showing up dead on the west coast and the HUGE number of sardines showing up dead in Canada recently.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is this a normal migration of these dolphin or could it again be a fore warning of something to come?

Even from the article it would seem this is a very unusual occurrence.

SuperPod

The species of dolphins filmed yesterday was determined to be the Pacific white-sided dolphin, according to Dr Lance Barrett-Lennard, head of whale and dolphin research at Vancouver Aquarium.
This species of dolphin is known to travel in large pods of 50 to 200 and as big as 2,000 but Dr Barrett-Lennard called their appearance in the Strait as a 'rare and unique occurrence'.

edit on 11/6/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/6/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This quote comes from another source on the article that seems to have spotted the superpod a couple days before while doing aerial research.

Lance Barrett-Lennard, head of whale and dolphin research at the Vancouver Aquarium, says they were aware of this enormous pod for two days due to their B.C. Cetacean Sightings Network, which is a volunteer program that helps track dolphins, whales and turtles. From aerial video footage, Barrett-Lennard was able to determine it’s the Pacific White-sided dolphin in the super-sized pod.

The species, he says, is known to be gregarious and travel in pods of 50 to 200 and sometimes can grow to numbers nearing 2,000 but what makes this “a rare and unique occurrence” is where they were roaming.

“Normally you’d see pods this size on the outside of Vancouver Island, where they’ve been swimming off shore,” Barrett-Lennard says. “Even though there’s been more recent showings of dolphins in the Strait of Georgia, it’s very rare to get such a large number in Howe Sound.”

Source

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think they are meeting to discuss the effects of the garbage washing this way from Japan. Some of them want to clean the stuff up but the elders say it is too risky because of the radiation.

I actually have no clue as to why they are there.
Maybe there is a rock bass fest

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

rickymouse
I think they are meeting to discuss the effects of the garbage washing this way from Japan. Some of them want to clean the stuff up but the elders say it is too risky because of the radiation.

I actually have no clue as to why they are there.
Maybe there is a rock bass fest

One of the articles alluded to following a food source and that a pod of Orcas had come through about 45 minutes earlier. It also said it would take a LARGE food source to feed that many dolphin.

I believe these are considered coastal dolphins which from what I have read tend to stay close to their food source and ONLY migrate when the source migrates.

Would like to know what massive food source had this many dolphin leaving the area in chase.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
maybe the cascadia subduction fault is getting ready to rupture? good lord, hope not!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

LOL....not what I was thinking but guess I can't rule anything out since I have no background in studying dolphin migratory patterns....I only have Google.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

www.abovetopsecret.com...

might be the same bunch?

wow seems like u tub dont like that, video of Orca's????????????????

edit on 11/6/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Don't be silly, the next quake is going to hit DC not Washington state. They just got finished repairing the monument in DC, the masons need more work. That should be happening pretty quick.

new topics

top topics

join