It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Refuses To Run In Cross County Meet After Being Given the Number '666' - vid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Ha. Nice one.

Yes, let's both blame and thank that number for what it has done for us.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I never said anything about blaming or thanking. You said no number has harmed or helped us. I'm fairly certain anyone who hasn't lived under a rock for the past fifty years has both dialed 911 and seen some rendition of the tragedy that happened on that date. As such, yes, numbers can be (and are) closely associated with events that make them memorable.

Just like 911.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I never said anything about blaming or thanking. You said no number has harmed or helped us. I'm fairly certain anyone who hasn't lived under a rock for the past fifty years has both dialed 911 and seen some rendition of the tragedy that happened on that date. As such, yes, numbers can be (and are) closely associated with events that make them memorable.

Just like 911.

Yes I did. The number is arbitrary. The number didn't dial itself, nor make itself the number to dial.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

What about 911?

He said

A Number....

falizorxoz man!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Whatever. It was a perfect joke, but you ruined it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hey, I enjoyed it, if that's any consolation.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Sometimes we can't go against our convictions.

Do you ever go against your own convictions or conscience? Would you feel good if someone told you to go against them?

My only point is that she let her team down, and she chose not to run when she was taking one of a limited number of spots in the Regional cross country run. While she did what was best for her personally (her choice) someone else could have run in the competition who didn't make the cut. That's simply selfish, in my opinion. I doesn't matter to me what the reason was.

Like I said, she decided not to run. Fine. Where and when does she draw the line in allowing a number to have so much power over her?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

A newly discovered fragment of the oldest surviving copy of the New Testament indicates that, as far as the Antichrist goes, theologians, scholars, heavy metal groups, and television evangelists have got the wrong number. Instead of 666, it's actually the far less ominous 616.

Source

It's like something from The Life of Brian....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Nine hundred and eleven is a number. Or have you forgotten it's possible to count that high?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

its one of those days .... *hangs head down*

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

I guess Satan is more powerful than God if he can make a Christian sick at the mere presence of 666.

The fear of Satan seems to be stronger than the love of God

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

XionZap
Atheists, cowards, satanists, and nere-do-well malcontents of every stripe would do well to take heed of the warnings written in the Book of Revelation for they are intended for you directly -

Bible literalists would do well to take heed of the facts ...

- '666' isn't an evil number and the girl is a well intentioned but brainwashed idiot.
- NO ONE knows what Revelation says. It's a mess.
- Scripture scholars can't even agree if it's '666' or 616'.
- MOST of early Christianity completely rejected 'Revelations', believing it to be nonsense. It wasn't until into the 500's that it started to be accepted.

While you are at it .. educate yourself a bit on the bible ..

ATS Thread - Did Abraham Exist?
ATS Thread - Abraham, true prophet of God or something else?
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
ATS Thread - Did Exodus Happen?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

WarminIndy
So, if you criticize her freedom of religious expression, ...

Her 'religion' must be superstition because being afraid of the number '666' isn't being Christian.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

XionZap
Atheists, cowards, satanists, and nere-do-well malcontents of every stripe would do well to take heed of the warnings written in the Book of Revelation for they are intended for you directly -

You would do well to take heed of the warnings given by JESUS HIMSELF in the gospel of Matthew - they are intended for you directly -

Matthew 7:5 - You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye.

edit on 11/11/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

XionZap

olaru12
Obviously it was Whitney's strategy to win favor from her Evangelical Church, friends and family.
Clever young woman to solidify her position in her Christian community and get her 15 min.. of fame at the same time. She could have asked for another number but used the 666 as a soap box to promote her religious agenda.

It takes real talent to be clever and lame all at the same time.

edit on 6-11-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Please read the OP (we know you didn't) otherwise we'll think you are lying to us intentionally - BTW if you did read the the OP you would have known that she hails from Whitley County, and that her name is NOT Whitney - its Codie. You make it so easy to be made a fool of - I didn't even have to exert any effort -

Who is the "we" in "we'll think" and who is "us" in "lying to us"? Are you one person or a gang?

CJ

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There are some numbers related to God, like #8 is the Father's number.

On the otherside....

Check the KJV. King James' fellas missed this one, God is trying to get non-Catholic Christian's attention.

The followers who left Jesus disputed His teaching on the Eucharist. Jesus had just explained, you must
eat My body and drink My blood to have life in you.

John 6:66
From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter.

In the original, the Latin Vulgate and her translation into English, the Douay Rheims, the same verse is
John 6:67 www.drbo.org...

Catholics believe.

"Soon" says Heaven, all the world will believe less the followers of the anti-Christ. God is going to show
every soul on the earth, non-Christians too, the most Holy Eucharist is true. Recall if you disbelieve now.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by XionZap

Coach Croley said, “I wouldn't have been more proud of her if she won the entire meet. She stood on her principles; she stood for what she believed in.”

This is pathetic! So she believes in evil numbers? Give me a break!

Some people believe the number 13 is evil, or good. Give me a break!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

FlyersFan

XionZap

Bible literalists would do well to take heed of the facts ...

- '666' isn't an evil number and the girl is a well intentioned but brainwashed idiot.
- NO ONE knows what Revelation says. It's a mess.
- Scripture scholars can't even agree if it's '666' or 616'.
- MOST of early Christianity completely rejected 'Revelations', believing it to be nonsense. It wasn't until into the 500's that it started to be accepted.

While you are at it .. educate yourself a bit on the bible ..

ATS Thread - Did Abraham Exist?
ATS Thread - Abraham, true prophet of God or something else?
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men
ATS Thread - Did Exodus Happen?

Revelation is an amalgamation of all the prophets end time prophecies. I am surprised you didn't know that.

It didn't make sense to people in early christianity because it wasn't meant for their time. The prophecies are meant for certain people, some of those people lived thousands of years ago, some of those people are alive today.
edit on 14-11-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Some people believe the number 13 is evil, or good. Give me a break!

So what? Lots of people have strange fears and proclivities. What has that got to do with Christianity and Christian persecution? Doesn't Christ free Christians from superstitiuos fears?

This young women was so bound by fear of a number that it stopped her from doing something that she loved, and forced her to let down her teammates too. I don't see this a brave act at all, I see it as a very cowardly act.

This young women wasn't liberated through her faith in Christ, she allowed herself to be bound in fear of the devil.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

lonewolf19792000
It didn't make sense to people in early christianity because it wasn't meant for their time. The prophecies are meant for certain people, some of those people lived thousands of years ago, some of those people are alive today.

Vague predictions that don't have dates or times, or even expiry dates........'prophecies' indeed....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join