It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Refuses To Run In Cross County Meet After Being Given the Number '666' - vid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
are christians really that superstitious? how embarrassing to live like that.

unless she believes that makes her the antichrist, there really isnt anything else relevant about the number (to her faith)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

BTW - I find it very enjoyable seeing the non-believers and outright atheists, agnostics and assorted losers showing their true colors in this thread, which is an extraordinary example of Christian bravery - Praise God for the opportunity, now that I have you out in the open as opposed to hiding under slithery rocks I can actually preach to your sorry a**es

What Christian bravery? She was afraid to run because of a number!

So, non-believers, atheists, agnostics all fall in your category of assorted losers that only come out from under their "slithery" rocks when you author a thread about someone's fear of a superstitious number? Just what message to think you can "preach" to our "sorry a**es?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
so if there was a building fire, and her only escape was to go through room 666 to the fire-ladder, she would just let herself die.

or if a credit card bill was 666.00, she would just never pay it.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Bisman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

The fact that you just equated atheists and agnostics to losers is really telling of your real faith in God. As in it's all words coming out of your mouth with no meaning behind it. God preaches to love everyone and to not judge others. Yet just like most other Christians you not only judge others you REVEL in it. It's so funny how Christians wonder time and again why they are losing people from their faith.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Bisman
so if there was a building fire, and her only escape was to go through room 666 to the fire-ladder, she would just let herself die.

Lol tough decision for a Christian, burn metaphorically or burn for real. Glad that stupidity wouldn't weigh my decision making process down.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

XionZap

BTW - I find it very enjoyable seeing the non-believers and outright atheists, agnostics and assorted losers showing their true colors in this thread, which is an extraordinary example of Christian bravery - Praise God for the opportunity, now that I have you out in the open as opposed to hiding under slithery rocks I can actually preach to your sorry a**es

Preach away! My sorry ass isn't averse to hearing other points of view. But see if you can leave the holier than thou arrogance and name calling someplace else. After all, "what would Jesus do?"

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Wow, it's like it is now a shame for people to stand by their convictions for many of the critics here.

OK, then next time I see someone standing for convictions of other things, then that gives me the right to criticize them as well?

Let's see, what convictions can I slam to make it seem I am morally superior for doing so? Hmmm, let's see...oh yes, the right of people to stand by their conviction of taking advantage of freedom of speech under the American Constitution, that guarantees Americans the freedom of speech.

I'm sorry, I have to say shut up now, because obviously it doesn't matter to you her freedom of religious expression guaranteed by the Constitution.

So, if you criticize her freedom of religious expression, then you are critical of her Constitutional rights. You are violating her rights. But since many people commenting are not from the United States, then go post in your country on forums in your country and leave this girl's Constitutional right of freedom of religious expression alone guaranteed to her in this country. Who cares about your rights in your country, since all that matters to you is trying to insert the rights in your country onto us. We aren't you, so let her have her freedom of religious expression and only worry about it if it happens in your country.

Americans, do not violate this girls freedom of religious expression, you want your rights under the Constitution protected, then protect hers as well. Defend her rights if you want your rights defended by her.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

XionZap
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The beautiful young lady made every effort to have the # changed and the "authorities" refused to grant her reasonable request. Had you read the article (which you obviously did not) you would have known that. She had every right to ask for the # change.

Make my day !!! har har
edit on 6-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

Yes, quitting and letting down her fellow teammates was very brave...

I read the article. Twice. I get that she asked. They said no, for whatever reason. At that point you buck up buttercup and run your little God fearing heart out, and win one for the JC.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

I'm a Christian myself, and I have to say she was being stupid, and the coach who backed her up is an idiot.
This kind of attitude has nothing to do with Christian faith.

In any long sequence of numbers, the number 666 or a number ending with 666 will occur once in every thousand.
Whatever God's meaning in Revelation ch13, it cannot have been his intention that Christians should avoid each and every possible instance of the number.
A few decades back the number 666 was on the licence-plate of my parents' car. They were not instruments of Satan, and I see no reason to think that the number-plate would have kept them out of heaven.
The issue in Revelation is not the number itself; the issue is the rejection of God which one instance of the number represents.

What is being expressed in this story is the kind of ignorance which gives Christianity a bad name, and I feel ashamed that it should be exposed like this.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Jesus would be proud. I'm sure he called people who disagreed with him "sorry asses" too.

Oh wait, no he didn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

usernameconspiracy

XionZap
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The beautiful young lady made every effort to have the # changed and the "authorities" refused to grant her reasonable request. Had you read the article (which you obviously did not) you would have known that. She had every right to ask for the # change.

Make my day !!! har har
edit on 6-11-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

Yes, quitting and letting down her fellow teammates was very brave...

I read the article. Twice. I get that she asked. They said no, for whatever reason. At that point you buck up buttercup and run your little God fearing heart out, and win one for the JC.

Sometimes we can't go against our convictions.

Do you ever go against your own convictions or conscience? Would you feel good if someone told you to go against them?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw the article this morning. I couldn't (and can't) figure out why it was a problem to give her another number. It seems like that would be simple to do. This would have never made news, it would have been a non-event, if they had just issued her another number... but for some reason they refused. I wasn't a track runner in school so I don't know how easy or difficult getting the girl a new number would have been. Does anyone have info on that? It might help in understanding that this wasn't an anti-christian thing to not issue her a new number, but perhaps was logistically impossible.

In any case, I think the criticism and mockery this girl has gotten (not just here, but on news sites as well) shows that this was indeed an act of bravery for her to stand up for her faith. Asking for a different number wasn't hurting anyone and she did what she felt was right - despite the fact that she (likely) knew she would be mocked. She didn't ask for national news coverage of this. She just wanted to quietly get assigned a new number so she could run without feeling as if she were her contradicting her faith.

I'm sad (although not surprised) that so many people appear to be bitter and angry towards the Christian faith. I'm sorry that they are hurting and have perhaps been hurt by someone who they identified as a Christian. I pray that their hearts find peace.

I'm proud of this girl.
edit on 6-11-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

As much as we would like to agree or disagree that it is merely just a number, to her it represented something greater than her conscience would allow.

No one should go against their conscience and convictions. But she is young, maybe in 20 years it might be different for her.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

OK, but I think it would have to be classified as what Paul would call a "weak conscience" (1 Corinthians ch8 v7), ie one feeling a scruple where there is no need.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

WarminIndy

Sometimes we can't go against our convictions.

Do you ever go against your own convictions or conscience? Would you feel good if someone told you to go against them?

When your convictions are misguided superstitious nonsense then they should pointed out as such and removed.

Let's give another example: Let's say she was taking an SAT test and the answer to a math problem was 666. Should she stand by her convictions and not write in the answer or a wrong answer just to avoid the 666??? Or should we just allow someone to remove any testing questions because of their religious superstitions???

No, because not only would it be living our lives based upon imaginary superstitions which make no sense but to the person who believes it is a failure to use human reasoning.
edit on 6-11-2013 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Star for you! Best response in this whole thread!

Tolerance is not a one way street! As I see it, our state of political correctness has caused a state of mob rules, where those whom want to point their fingers at others for their beliefs, hide behind a nefarious agenda that is designed to take all of our rights and freedoms away from us. Words today have seemed to have bred a total new meaning than they were originally intended! Tolerance=Intolerance. Politically Correct=I can point my finger at you, but you are forbidden from pointing your finger at me!!!

But hey, as long as no one points their finger at my beliefs it is all good! Right?
edit on 6-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

AmberLeaf
reply to post by XionZap

LOL how pathetic, im sure she doesn't care when her iPhone shows 666 on the screen.
She believes a number is dangerous?? A number??? LOL, what are they feeding you guys in the US??

The way you turn this into a "US thing" is kind of disgusting and seems a bit petty, IMO. It also only highlights your own ignorance.

I agree that lines need to be drawn somewhere. Exclusively creationist curriculum or mandatory prayer in public school, etc etc. However, we do also need to be somewhat sensitive toward the beliefs of others. And if you know much about christianity, you know that to many christians, "taking the number of the beast," particularly on one's own body, is explicitly warned against. Not a perfect analogy, but it's almost like asking a christian to deny god. So this is no petty matter, for many christians.

And to repeat, that is a christian thing, not a "US thing." I assume they also have christians wherever you come from...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Zerobizarro

hotels omitting or renaming the 13th floor and many other examples.

Ummm.. where do you think the guy living on the 14th floor is actually living?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
A number has never harmed, nor helped, a single person.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

A number has never harmed, nor helped, a single person.

What about 911?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join