It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yasser Arafat may have been poisoned with polonium, tests show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by buster2010

Right, and it's not like Israel and the U.S. aren't friends or anything, is it?

No they aren't allies. Israel is using America for what it can get. And the agents they have here in America like AIPAC buy or threaten our politicians to give Israel what ever it wants.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

pavil

buster2010

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by daaskapital

Is this surprising? Either way he was taken out by the U.S. in order to forward their own interests, the means aren't important, the reasons why are.

America didn't kill Arafat this hit was done by the Mossad.

There was another thread on this, I'll ask the same question: Why would Israel do it, and do it that way?They have had far better reasons, times and ways to Kill Arafat. If they wanted to kill him, I think they would have done it in a very direct way a loooong time ago.

Not saying Israel wouldn't want him dead, just that they have had much better reasons and opportunities to do so and passed on them.

My Money would be on Hamas or some splinter PLO group that had an axe to grind and could have moles inside Arafat's Circle.

Everyone in the world would automatically suspect Israel, real easy for someone else to do it and they would never be blamed.

Somebody wanted to tie up a loose end.........

Did you ever stop to think the reason why people suspects Israel is because for the last two years of his life he was being confined within his Ramallah compound by the Israeli army. Kind of a small chance Hamas or some other PLO group had anything to do with this.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I read on the BBC that Israel claimed he has Aids or Cancer.
If he had Cancer and received Chemo would that raise polonium levels?
I'm just asking as I have no idea.
Does look like he was poisoned though.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I won't shed a whole lot of tears over the death of a man who publicly decried terrorism while privately conducting it.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Taggart
I read on the BBC that Israel claimed he has Aids or Cancer.
If he had Cancer and received Chemo would that raise polonium levels?

SMOKING can raise polonium levels ...

Cancer Research UK

Cigarette smoke has been called many things – smelly, dangerous and cancer-causing for a start. But radioactive? Yes, that too. Tobacco smoke contains a radioactive chemical element called polonium-210. It’s the same substance that poisoned the Russian Alexander Litvinenko in London two years ago.

Now, a new study reported in the Independent and to be published in the American Journal of Public Health suggests that tobacco companies have known about the danger of polonium in cigarette smoke for over 40 years. Monique Muggli, who led the review, examined over 1,500 internal documents from tobacco companies. Most of these have never been published and were made available through legal action.

Muggli wrote, “Internal tobacco industry documents reveal that the companies suppressed publication of their own internal research to avoid heightening the public’s awareness of radioactivity in cigarettes.”

And yes ... Arafat was a heavy smoker.

Excellent article on all this ...

And risk is definitely the right word here. For a heavy smoker — say one smoking a pack-and-a-half of cigarettes a day — some studies estimate that the radiation exposure is equivalent to 300 chest X-rays a year. There are also scientists who believe that polonium-210 is the primary risk factor for lung cancer in smokers — not to mention low-level radiation sickness. It’s thus not surprising that after the poison was discovered on Arafat’s clothes, questions were raised about whether this could be just be evidence of cigarette exposure. After all, the Palestinian leader and many of his colleagues were known to be smokers.

The tobacco theory serves as reminder that sorting out the precise source of polonium-210, eight years after Arafat’s death, is likely to be a complicated task. Does it undermine the deliberate poisoning theory? It should at least remind us that there are alternative explanations. But there’s one other rather complicating point regarding the tobacco effect. The Israelis had a history of withholding cigarettes from Arafat as a form of punishment, as indicated, at least, in this 2002 story. If they’d maintained that, during his last days in their control, it seems unlikely that he would have been blanketed with radioactive smoke

Poisoning of Arafat? Maybe.
Polonium-210 naturally in the cigarettes he smoked? YES.
Did he live a sick lifestyle? Absolutely.

The reason you don't hear about polonium 210 coming up with all the dead smokers in the world are because they aren't tested for it like Arafat was. If they had been, they too would have come up positive for trace amounts of polonium 210.

I still think the dude died of natural causes of his own making. He was old. He was sick. He lived a disgusting lifestyle. He ate poorly. He lived poorly. There is evidence to suggest he was a pedophile rapist of boys and of his body guards. He could have died of aids or old age or just about anything. The possible trace amounts of polonium 210 could have been planted on him/his clothing by those with an agenda ... or it could have been there because he was a heavy smoker as were those around him.

If it turns out that he really was poisoned .. no big loss. Arafat was a mass murdering mega-thief (check his Swiss bank accounts). He screwed the Palestinian people ... both literally and financially.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yikes, I didn't know about the radioactivity in cigarette smoke. I don't smoke, cigarettes, but lived in my parents home when younger and both my father and mother smoked, and one sister. Cleaning the walls in the room they used to sit in was quite the chore every so often - turning the yellow walls back to white again. And now you say maybe the air, and even those walls themselves, contained radioactivity (or am I wrong, and it doesn't show up in second-hand smoke?)! I repeat, yikes.

I'd give you a star, but you're doing fine. Thanks for the post. (EDIT: Gave you one anyway, you deserve them all! Are "they" ever going to fix the counts or are you, sadly, stuck with the milky way's worth of stars for good?)
edit on 7-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Aleister
Are "they" ever going to fix the counts or are you, sadly, stuck with the milky way's worth of stars for good?)

'They' have been working on it for a long while now. None of the numbers under a persons name are valid except their post count. The last star count I saw for myself that was accurate was a star count somewhere in the 80,000 's .... I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

remote controlled, flying insect sized uav's.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one's suggested Suha Arafat as the culprit yet. She certainly hasn't kept quiet about what a miserable mistake of a marriage it was to him. If it was really god-awful, and there were connections to people, I don't think it would have been too far-reaching to suspect she could have had him killed, even if she got nothing out of it (she does claim to not have much money, though I doubt she's without well-hidden accounts somewhere) The ultimate F you to him would be to play the distraught, angry widow.

It's a theory without any real evidence, but what if?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Even though I'm a day late and a dollar short, I'm 'bout tired of you beatin' me to all the good comments. 90% of the time, you post exactly what I'm gouinf to say. Are you my long-lost doppelganger?

I think It was obviously the Mossad/Israel. This should get peoples eyes open a little bit more. It shows they feared Arafat. If his wife was gonna kill him, why use a radioactive substance? And where would she get it?
edit on 7-11-2013 by Fylgje because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Nyiah
I'm surprised no one's suggested Suha Arafat as the culprit yet. She certainly hasn't kept quiet about what a miserable mistake of a marriage it was to him. If it was really god-awful, and there were connections to people, I don't think it would have been too far-reaching to suspect she could have had him killed, even if she got nothing out of it (she does claim to not have much money, though I doubt she's without well-hidden accounts somewhere) The ultimate F you to him would be to play the distraught, angry widow.

It's a theory without any real evidence, but what if?

She would surely be a contender for being a suspect. Anytime someone claims to be penniless when they had access to BILLIONS of dollars of Swiss Bank accounts, is LYING.

In fact, she is a perfect candidate, No one will suspect the faithful widow, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Fylgje
I think It was obviously the Mossad/Israel.

What facts make you think it's 'obviously the Mossad/Israel ?? I'm curious because I see a lot of other possibilities .. all as good a guess as the old' 'Israel did it' mantra.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join