It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yasser Arafat may have been poisoned with polonium, tests show

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The first forensic tests on remains from the exhumed corpse of Yasser Arafat have shown unexpectedly high levels of radioactive polonium-210, suggesting the Palestinian leader could have been poisoned with the rare and lethal substance.

The Swiss scientists who tested Arafat's remains after the exhumation of his body in November discovered levels of polonium at least 18 times higher than the norm in Arafat's ribs, pelvis and in soil that absorbed his leaked bodily fluids.

Yasser Arafat may have been poisoned with polonium, tests show

The Swiss report said that even taking into account the eight years since Arafat's death and the quality of specimens taken from bone fragments and tissue scraped from his decayed corpse and shroud, the results "moderately support the proposition that the death was the consequence of poisoning with polonium-210".

The results are in, and the scientists are confident that Yasser Arafat's death was a result of poisoning. While this does not surprise me, it is good to see that this incident is finally gaining some ground. Arafat's family is now pursuing information regarding the perpetrators behind his death. I think we all know who the perpetrators are...

Al Jazeera is also going to follow up on all of this, live here:

www.aljazeera.com...

Edit:

Here is the Swiss report in question:

www.aljazeera.com...
edit on 6-11-2013 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Is this surprising? Either way he was taken out by the U.S. in order to forward their own interests, the means aren't important, the reasons why are.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here is the Swiss report:

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Is this surprising? Either way he was taken out by the U.S. in order to forward their own interests, the means aren't important, the reasons why are.

America didn't kill Arafat this hit was done by the Mossad.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why didn't they just bury him at sea in accordance to Islamic tradition ,,then ya dont have worry about this sort of stuff......

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Right, and it's not like Israel and the U.S. aren't friends or anything, is it?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

buster2010

Zcustosmorum

There was another thread on this, I'll ask the same question: Why would Israel do it, and do it that way?They have had far better reasons, times and ways to Kill Arafat. If they wanted to kill him, I think they would have done it in a very direct way a loooong time ago.

Not saying Israel wouldn't want him dead, just that they have had much better reasons and opportunities to do so and passed on them.

My Money would be on Hamas or some splinter PLO group that had an axe to grind and could have moles inside Arafat's Circle.

Everyone in the world would automatically suspect Israel, real easy for someone else to do it and they would never be blamed.

Somebody wanted to tie up a loose end.........

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

My big question is by who and how??? He was confined inside a small compound by the Israeli army for two years. So it had to be someone from his inner circle. Most likely it was put into his food.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I seem to recall awhile back a Russian spy that had defected being poisoned with some form of radiation in the UK ,I think...& they were able to trace it back too the source ,,

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If you mean the Israelis did it - then I would doubt it very much. Arafat was an asset for Israel towards the end of his life, it suited Jerusalem to keep him alive.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well we know Russia did something similar to someone else.

I guess it begs the question: Did Russia do this again but to Yassar Arafat?

Or was the other one on Alexander Litvinenko done by someone else trying to frame Russia?

en.wikipedia.org...

Yassar Arafat died November 11, 2004 from Polonium-210

Alexander Litvinenko died on November 26, 2006 from Polonium-210

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I thought these tests were done years ago. ????

When did they dig up his body to test it this time?
The original tests in Russia and Switzerland came up negative, right?
So now, 10 years later, there are supposed to be new tests??
Considering that multiple previous tests came up negative, how do we know these are accurate?
Were the samples taken from his 10 year dead corpse?
How do we know these new samples weren't tampered with by someone with an agenda?

I have a lot of questions.

That being said ... the dude was an old man who lived a very dirty lifestyle. He ate bad. He lived in stress. He was stuck in a compound. (his own actions stuck him there) Russian reports have him as a pedophile rapist. (I don't know if those reports are true or not). He wasn't exactly living healthy. If he was poisoned it probably just hurried up the natural process that was going on. He was a murderer and a thief of massive proportions. His Swiss bank accounts prove that. Murder? I doubt it. Either way No loss. Flame away.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Poisoned with a rare substance eh? That should help narrow down a list of suspects.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

buster2010

In the convoluted and complex world of Middle Eastern politics, IF (and it is still an "if") Arafat was assassinated, it could have been anyone for a multitude of reasons. It is a bit knee jerk to blame Mossad! What's the motive as Arafat was a known quantity and formed some coherence in the region.

Besides, polonium is a Russian favourite.

Regards

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Russian Polonium

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yasser Arafat cry me a river how many people did he kill and have killed. live by the sword die by the sword

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

so ya right,, the closest people to that child loving, boy,that,,Arafat,,sure loved his ,, bank account,,, was,, at that time,, were, Russian,, and Russia,, having used the same tech. on an Diplomat,,umbrela??,,
its America who did it,, really,, wow.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Well they do everything else
, who knows but if it was Israel then the U.S. probably knew about it at the very least.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

more likely,,,someone got a lot of moo la,,for doing,, fall,aaaallla,,in not the right places.

if u get my drift?
edit on 11/6/2013 by BobAthome because: fall,aaaallla= the Arab thing with there toungues,,u know,,fal;lllaalla la

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Oh boy. Picture a fan. Then picture a bag of something hitting the fan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join