It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Secret Service Agent Warns: President Obama Sees Government as a ‘Shiny New Toy’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I checked didn't see this posted.

youtu.be...

Former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino - "It's to the point where these (Obama) scandals in and of themselves would be huge, backbreaking scandals are just lost in the 'scandal fog' of this administration," he said in disbelief. "It's worse than people know; I'm not trying to scare you either."

Is there any reason not to believe this guy is just being honest when we are bombarded with a new scandal every week, yet nothing is done.

Obama Sees Government as a ‘Shiny New Toy’

“It’s only a matter of time before someone slaps an email on your desk that you sent fifteen years ago threatening to punch out your neighbor for not pruning his trees, and says, ‘Look at what I got against you. We need your information on whatever…’”

He said the NSA scandal “gets at the roots of what liberty means…That flag means something. It’s undermining the very principles that made this country great.”

“Remember,” Bongino concluded, “when the key is held by someone else, liberty means absolutely nothing.”

edit on 113030p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The government being used as a weapon to destroy people, no wonder people are silent, someone needs to have the strength of conviction, suck it up and come forward, to hell with your past.

Some of the NSA spying on girlfriends and boyfriends?

www.infowars.com...

So we have a bunch of criminal politicians encouraging spying on people to find criminal activity, or mistakes we made in our private lives while in the same breath protecting their fellow cronies.

Fantastic, I don't see this ending well.
edit on 103030p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Perhaps the title is a tad misleading? This is a former secret service agent turned political candidate opining about things to Glen Beck for which he possesses no special knowledge and not a revelation of incidents of wrong doing by a inside source as the wording of the title seemingly suggests.

Whether you agree with his opinions or not, there is nothing about his profession or experiences that indicates that his are more informed than anyone else's.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We the People are to blame.

When we stand together we are unstoppable.

Yet, we let these freaks keep us divided over everything.

I am ashamed of myself....I am ashamed of my fellow Countrymen.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

whyamIhere

I don't now what to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

whyamIhere

I don't now what to do.

We have to Unite Peacefully.

Maybe start here on the west coast and head for DC.

Let's see how many Freedom loving people are left.

5 Million screaming Patriots on the WH lawn would be a start.

As long as it is peaceful and non-partisan.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

theantediluvian

Perhaps the title is a tad misleading? This is a former secret service agent turned political candidate opining about things to Glen Beck for which he possesses no special knowledge and not a revelation of incidents of wrong doing by a inside source as the wording of the title seemingly suggests.

Whether you agree with his opinions or not, there is nothing about his profession or experiences that indicates that his are more informed than anyone else's.

I would have to agree with that. But he does highlight an important thing, that is abuse by the users, over and above their job..private enterprise if you like. I mentioned this before, but this is the first person coming out to mention this on video, and who does have information about such misuse at the very least, never mind the fact that the NSA/NCTC in itself was already outside the powers given in the court orders.
edit on 6-11-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Non partisan, now that's the kicker, and it is going to have to get much much worse for us to join forces.

For the life of me I don't know what it will take to wake people up, I never understood how people fell for the left right propaganda.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Secrets are killing the modern world.

It started out as keeping your battle plan secret, then keep your objective secret, then keep your weapons secret, then keep your secrets secret from your people so on and so forth.

Now keeping everything super secret is what everyone's doing while playing the public open game - which cant work since everyones got their own secret rules.

End result?
The games not being played any more, its playing you and me - and we are losing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
How the Government Spied on Me
My complaint to the FBI about a stalker was regarded as an invitation to invade my privacy.

By
Jill Kelley
Nov. 5, 2013 6:46 p.m. ET

It has been a full year since federal agents snooped through the private emails of my husband and me, setting in motion a series of events that ultimately led to the resignations of Central Intelligence Agency Director David Petraeus and Gen. John Allen, the commander of coalition forces in Afghanistan. The anniversary is a somber reminder of the unintended consequences and harsh realities that can result from unrestrained government probing into Americans' personal communications.

online.wsj.com...

We authorized the FBI to look at one threatening email we received, and only that email, so that the FBI could identify the stalker. However, the FBI ignored our request and violated our trust by unlawfully searching our private emails and turning us into the targets of an intrusive investigation without any just cause—all the while without informing us that they had identified the email stalker as Paula Broadwell, who was having an affair with Mr. Petraeus. (I have never understood why she was stalking me and my family. In any event, she was not charged with a crime.)

Adding insult to injury, the FBI then leaked our identities to the media and distorted the contents of the emails it had illegally obtained, throwing my family into a destructive media vortex.

example.

This is truly sickening
edit on 123030p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I don't know what to do either.

Sometimes I think it's too late and all we can do it watch it burn.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

beezzer

that's what I have concluded, I am just observing at this point

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ex Secret Service Agents with spotty insider knowledge
and strong political leanings of their own,
could never be persuaded to be the tool of political hit pieces could they ?
No, absolutely never.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The reason it seems as if certain branches or agencies of the U.S. Government appear to actively oppose the public is because those branches and/or agencies are losing some power to shape and mold the public in the manner that they would like. More importantly, it is getting more difficult to keep secrets when the combined force of internet will eventually deduce and/or expose ideas without having to steal anything. Strangely enough, the ideas themselves haven't endangered anyone, also the public's reactions to the ideas haven't endangered anyone, rather it is the Government's reaction to the ideas that has endangered the public.

I myself have been the victim of the government's insatiable desire to stamp me and my ideas out, my only crimes are searching for and defending the truth and never selling out.
edit on 6-11-2013 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
He resigned a month before he would of gotten a nice retirement package? He resigned the day after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with President Obama?

I wonder if the information released in this article came from him? Did he get a boot for leaking information? The reporter from this article was not at ABC much longer either. She is now with Global Forest & Trade Network at World Wide Fund for Nature?
abcnews.go.com...

And this guy seemed to not stay in one place during his career?Couple of years and on to the next thing. I guess if he gets elected he will get his benefit package he lost at the Secret Service?

He does not seem to have good backing since it is Allen West and Herman Cain teams behind him?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
About the N.S.A.:
"We all have something to hide"
"The information will be abused, it is only a matter of time."

Those are not lies. The truth in those two statements is now here for everyone to see.

Quick two points:
1) I already know of a situation where the information / powers of the N.S.A. was abused.

2) Our country is so radicalized right now that no matter what your opinion is, you could theoretically get arrested for it or have it used against you by one party or the other, especially if things polarize more.

Fact.

We are not in a good spot. It might not become obvious until later, but things are going to get worse, as I see no indication that anyone is attempting to fix things.
edit on 06pmWed, 06 Nov 2013 22:44:24 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

edit on 06pmWed, 06 Nov 2013 22:46:59 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

beezzer

Yup.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join