It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch as Self-Described ‘Normal’ Muslims Show Support for Stoning Adulterers and Other ‘Punish

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by Danbones

I think you meant obama buddies running guns from Libya to Syria.

naw not only,
its both sides of the Isle

Up here in Canada we had residential schools which were paid for with taxes, and run by churches...
what they did to children makes werstern christian critisizm of muslims entireley a hypocritical endevour
edit on 6-11-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think everyone is not getting an important point. In a religion, where you get stoned to death just for having an affair, are people really going to admit on camera, that they don't believe what the Koran teaches?

These people might have been in a way trying to say they didn't support extremism, but not say anything that would get them drawn and quartered in the middle of town by the radicals.

This is a religion where you have no religious freedom, you belong, you follow the rules, or you get ostracized and killed.
edit on 6-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Those 'Christians' in the Syrian head cutting videos sure do a lot of shouting, something like "Alluhah Ahkbar".
Wonder why they don't shout 'Jesus'?

Maybe because they are Al Qaeda members.... still backed by the worm McCain.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Look ... there's hardly anything wrong with Islam ... and if you understood Islam you would know that it is a religion of peace.

Let me hit the bad part of being a Muslim right up front. If you're not a Muslim, and you make friends with a Muslim, your friend is compelled to then ensure you convert to Islam. There is no free will in this ... except to avoid befriending a Muslim in the first place. Now ... for perspective's sake, how many of you reading this consider yourselves to be my friend? Probably no one ... right. So where's the beef?

Muslims where funny hats, and beards ... there's all kinds of things I could point out. But they're not funny at all to Muslims. They're the norm. If you want to criticize someone for not conforming, you better get busy re-writing the first amendment or get ready to be labeled a hypocrite.

I can't help you out with this ... it's your call.

I spent a long time learning Persian Farsi. I spent a lot longer than that in the ME. When I visited various countries there ... I was the outsider. When the people there knew for sure I was not a convert to Islam ... I was the infidel. But, it was not impossible for me to quickly earn their respect ... and I was NEVER mistreated. In fact, I'd have to say I was treated better than most Muslims treat their own friends ... more like a guest at all times.

It's really all about set and setting, and to be honest, Americans treat Muslims a lot worse than they treat us. There are different laws in different states in America. When we visit another state, we respect their laws. If we stay in that new area for a while we begin to adapt to their customs ... maybe even start to change our speech patterns to reflect the local accent or dialect. When you think about this, and how you behave voluntarily, it's because you are demonstrating that you have been taught good manners by your parents or the folks who make up your social circle. Muslims can't adapt to the typical American cultural appearance. Their religion compels them to maintain certain standards. This sets them apart, and that may be difficult for some, but that's what being different is all about.

Thanks for reading this through. I'd like to ask these questions: Is there something fundamentally wrong with being different? Is there something wrong with people obeying their own laws as a functioning society? I am curious.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

This is a religion where you have no religious freedom, you belong, you follow the rules, or you get ostracized and killed.

Then that brings me back to my original question, what's the difference between them?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Snarl
Thanks for reading this through. I'd like to ask these questions: Is there something fundamentally wrong with being different? Is there something wrong with people obeying their own laws as a functioning society? I am curious.

I don't think so but the govt's PR arm, the MSM, is telling us differently. And a lot are eating it up.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

butcherguy

Those 'Christians' in the Syrian head cutting videos sure do a lot of shouting, something like "Alluhah Ahkbar".

and funded with USD which comes from christian pockets...a real twist of the dagger to be sure...but they say ignorance is no excuse...and it isn't if the IRS catches someone donating to a charity that they determine is connected to al CIA duh

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Fundamentalist anything is a threat ... be it Islam or Christianity or even radical attachment to political parties and/or ideologies. Education is the key to helping end this kind of brain dead behavior.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Carreau
reply to post by nixie_nox

Then that brings me back to my original question, what's the difference between them?

What I am trying to say is that they may not support the radical ideals, but they have no choice but to go along with them without suffering real punishment for it. Islam is not the only religion that does this.

You have to ask yourself how a religion manages to get whole countries to follow along with a single religion, without any rebels? Its not cookies and tea, I can tell you that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I don't see a lot of this done by Christians, at least not in the news.

Christianity has come a very long way in the 60 years. Ideology wise anyway. It's become far more progressive because we've allowed progressive leaders and moderate leaders to state their case without fear of reprisal.

And wouldn't you know it, people actually prefer that moderate approach.

The problem with Islam is that it's truly a religion run by extremists at this point, because those are the only ones who were left after we among others, were done destroying those nations. They filled the power vacuum left.

You put any of these people in room however, with no 'authority' figure watching them like Imam's or etc, you'll find the vast majority think that Sharia law should not exist, or only exist for Muslims, not anybody else, and that the majority of the rules and regulations set out in the Koran, are to be ignored, much like the ones in the Old or New Testament.

They just aren't relevant anymore.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The present administration is not so bad about Islam and Muslim after all the president has surrounded himself with many of them and with controversial backgrounds link to extremist in the middle east.

I always believe and I know that it doesn't mean anything to many that our president is a closet Muslim but that is my personal opinion, nothing else.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Danbones

butcherguy

and funded with USD which comes from christian pockets...a real twist of the dagger to be sure...but they say ignorance is no excuse...and it isn't if the IRS catches someone donating to a charity that they determine is connected to al CIA duh

Tax dollars come from all of US citizens pockets. I think there are Muslim taxpayers in the US, so they shoulder the blame as well.
Actually, the US government is not allowed to back any religion, so the money comes from a secular source.
I think there may be some Wahabi money flowing in from Saudi Arabia too... according to many sources... are the Wahabi considered Christian now too?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Fundamentalist anything is a threat ... be it Islam or Christianity or even radical attachment to political parties and/or ideologies. Education is the key to helping end this kind of brain dead behavior.

I totally agree, to derive your beliefs from anything but your understanding of the facts is to be willingly manipulated.

I certainly do not agree with my would be allies from the libertarian side who are radical isolationists. When the primary founding document calls for the conversion or murder of all who do not capitulate, coexistence is impossible.
edit on 6-11-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
People, when you start to look at Islam for what it is a "Law" then you will come to the realization that it has no room in modern society as it stand to this days.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Time too put the God of Abraham too the test!
quoted from video,,

,"Islam is the Truth,,Judaism and Christanity are not."

quoted from Christian Bible,,

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;"

seems like God has a problem with his religions.
Can not have it both ways.

so Islam is putting God too the test it seems,,

because apparently people,,just are not getting,, the message.

Either Jesus is the way and truth,, or as the Muslim person put it,,Jesus is a liar.

well God?

personnaly sick of all the non-action by God.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

butcherguy
Tax dollars come from all of US citizens pockets. I think there are Muslim taxpayers in the US, so they shoulder the blame as well.

You funny man. Anything to slam Muslims. OK, here's the numbers:

The U.S. Census doesn't collect information about religions, but estimates on the number of Muslims in the United States range from fewer than two million people to as many as seven million. At the highest estimates, the percentage of Muslims in the United States would represent about 2 percent of the population.

www.cfr.org...

So Muslims share about 2% of the "blame". Got anything else?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Snarl
Look ... there's hardly anything wrong with Islam ... and if you understood Islam you would know that it is a religion of peace.

Let me hit the bad part of being a Muslim right up front. If you're not a Muslim, and you make friends with a Muslim, your friend is compelled to then ensure you convert to Islam. There is no free will in this ... except to avoid befriending a Muslim in the first place. Now ... for perspective's sake, how many of you reading this consider yourselves to be my friend? Probably no one ... right. So where's the beef?

Muslims where funny hats, and beards ... there's all kinds of things I could point out. But they're not funny at all to Muslims. They're the norm. If you want to criticize someone for not conforming, you better get busy re-writing the first amendment or get ready to be labeled a hypocrite.

I can't help you out with this ... it's your call.

I spent a long time learning Persian Farsi. I spent a lot longer than that in the ME. When I visited various countries there ... I was the outsider. When the people there knew for sure I was not a convert to Islam ... I was the infidel. But, it was not impossible for me to quickly earn their respect ... and I was NEVER mistreated. In fact, I'd have to say I was treated better than most Muslims treat their own friends ... more like a guest at all times.

It's really all about set and setting, and to be honest, Americans treat Muslims a lot worse than they treat us. There are different laws in different states in America. When we visit another state, we respect their laws. If we stay in that new area for a while we begin to adapt to their customs ... maybe even start to change our speech patterns to reflect the local accent or dialect. When you think about this, and how you behave voluntarily, it's because you are demonstrating that you have been taught good manners by your parents or the folks who make up your social circle. Muslims can't adapt to the typical American cultural appearance. Their religion compels them to maintain certain standards. This sets them apart, and that may be difficult for some, but that's what being different is all about.

I live in an area where there are quite a few Muslims. Never had a problem with a single one. Some of the ones I worked with from Iran were the most polite and educated people you can meet.

Neither Christians or Muslims want to hear this, but the religions are very, very similar.

Of course living in the melting pot of the US, everyone dresses funny. No person will take a second look. There are orthodox Jews, Hindus, Mennonites, Amish, Hippies, Africans, Indians, you name it. I can tell you that no one will bat an eye, with one exception.

That would the women dressed the full coverings with the eyes barely showing. Americans have an issue with it, and I am one of them. Because that one Constitutional right trumping another.

Yes there is the religious freedom. But it stops with that person. When you are seeing women coerced to subjugate themselves, their personal rights are being trumped.

Women have worked so hard and still working hard at getting equal rights, that people bristle at any influence that tries to bring it backwards.

I do know that some women choose it willingly. That is fine. But no one should have their face covered. No one is subhuman.

We don't care what your culture is. But when your culture is bringing a bad influence to ours, then we take issue.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The problem with Islam is that it's truly a religion run by extremists at this point, because those are the only ones who were left after we among others, were done destroying those nations. They filled the power vacuum left.

You put any of these people in room however, with no 'authority' figure watching them like Imam's or etc, you'll find the vast majority think that Sharia law should not exist, or only exist for Muslims, not anybody else, and that the majority of the rules and regulations set out in the Koran, are to be ignored, much like the ones in the Old or New Testament.

They just aren't relevant anymore.

~Tenth

Thank you, that is what I was trying to say.

edit on 6-11-2013 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

intrepid

butcherguy

The U.S. Census doesn't collect information about religions, but estimates on the number of Muslims in the United States range from fewer than two million people to as many as seven million. At the highest estimates, the percentage of Muslims in the United States would represent about 2 percent of the population.

www.cfr.org...

You skipped the important part super man:

Actually, the US government is not allowed to back any religion, so the money comes from a secular source.

Now, I'll echo your words:

You funny man.
Got anything else?

Got anything else? Like a reply to this part?

I think there may be some Wahabi money flowing in from Saudi Arabia too... according to many sources... are the Wahabi considered Christian now too?

edit on 6-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

intrepid

butcherguy

www.cfr.org...

Actually, there may not be many here, but those that are have a lot of money and a lot of clout. Half of Johns Hopkins, was renovated, due to a massive contribution from an Arabian Sheik:

This is the third gift in the past four years from the UAE. It also gave $150 million to the Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, one of the largest to a pediatric hospital, to establish the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation in 2009.

In 2007, Sheikh Khalifa gave an undisclosed “major” sum to Johns Hopkins Medicine to help construct The Johns Hopkins Hospital new cardiovascular and critical care tower. Also named after Sheikh Khalifa’s father, it is one of two towers scheduled to open in early 2012, at a cost of $994 million.

Forbes

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join