It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayor of Toronto is an overweight, admitted drunk, crackhead. Wont resign.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by gladtobehere

Does he do his job well? That's all that really matters. I'd vote for the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man if I thought he would do his job well.

MOTF!

You have a point.

But....

I would sooner not have politicians setting the example for our young people that smoking crack is a really great idea.

OR
ETA:

That being a bumbling drunk that blames his crack use on being 'in a drunken stupor'.
edit on 6-11-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by ketsuko

Canada is pretty laid back... but imo, this is way too much tolerance, even for Canada.
edit on 11/6/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Actually, we don't understand why the Police Chief is doing nothing...the rabbit hole runs deep.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

What can he do?

He's not going to arrest Ford on possession charges, can't prove he was in possession.

It's not illegal to consume drugs, it's just illegal to be caught with them.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by InTheLight

What can he do?

He's not going to arrest Ford on possession charges, can't prove he was in possession.

It's not illegal to consume drugs, it's just illegal to be caught with them.

~Tenth

It is illegal to purchase drugs and I believe the Mayor was buying and indulging in crack coc aine more than one time as per police survellaince. Why would you think he gets his hits for free?

Investigators also documented Lisi meeting with Ford, often in gas stations and abandoned parking lots, sometimes leaving behind packages in white plastic bags or manila envelopes.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Here's another take on the law that the Chief may act upon; aiding and abetting drug trafficking too(?).

Consent and Intent

The element of consent to possess an object requires that the accused consent to the object remaining in place after he or she has knowledge of its existence. This is not limited to those who approve of the custody of the drugs. A person who discovers drugs and spends time maintaining custody of it while considering what to do with it may be found to consent to possessing it.

en.wikibooks.org...

Cocaine is well-known for creating feelings of euphoria, alertness or extra energy. It also, according to the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, boosts the same brain chemicals that make people feel good when they drink, eat or have sex

www.cbc.ca... aine-9-things-to-know-1.2415886
edit on 6-11-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Actually, Tenth, this defence lawyer's explanation is what I believe the Police Chief could act upon.

But defence lawyer Daniel Brown said a concession about a crime committed in the past is prosecutable, and it can be used in criminal court. “By saying, ‘I smoke crack coc aine,’ what he’s doing is admitting to being in possession of coc aine,” Brown said. “His admission and the video showing him consuming a substance . . . is certainly enough to get over that threshold of reasonable prospect of conviction.”

www.thestar.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You mean theres drunks, drug users and criminals in Canadian politics?

Nuuuuu...

Im shocked...

I thought all politicians were honest upstanding citizens

ROFLMAO!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I just heard news on the radio that there is a video of him threatening to 'gouge out' someone's eye and kill them.

He is using the same excuse.... that he was drunk.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I read this earlier on abc.

wow...even if he won't resign, can someone sack him?

there was another video of him threatening to assault a guy also.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I support Rob Ford as a matter of principle, because I am the sort who doesn't care what people do in their private time at all.

So he gets blind drunk once in a while. So what? I get tipsy now and then myself.
So he smokes marijuana. Big deal. While not a smoker myself I have grown up and lived with potheads all my life and never had a serious problem with - or caused by - it.
So he hit a crack pipe a few times? His body, his choice the way I see it.

Whatever he does in his private life, off the government clock, should be of no consequence to anyone in my opinion. However, the day he sits behind his desk and attempts to do his mayoral duties while drunk, stoned, or wasted is the day I get in line to call for his resignation. But he hasn't done that (yet).

While I do agree that he does have an addiction problem and needs to seek professional help, the city of Toronto itself seems to be running smoothly with him at the helm. Ford's party-animal lifestyle was no secret during his ten years as a Councillor; the voters of Toronto should have been well aware of who they were voting into office as mayor in 2010.

I feel for him and I'm on his side. For now.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

buster2010
Did his drinking or smoking crack hurt anyone else? If it didn't then why are you holding it against him.

He is supposed to be the Mayor and the Mayor is supposed to be upholding the law and making sure that the city runs according to the rule of law. A Mayor is supposed to be hard on crime and clean up the streets so that law abiding citizens can be safe. He can't effectively do that if he's hanging out with hard-drug dealers and running amuk breaking the law himself. Ya' know?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

FlyersFan

He is supposed to be the Mayor and the Mayor is supposed to be upholding the law and making sure that the city runs according to the rule of law. A Mayor is supposed to be hard on crime and clean up the streets so that law abiding citizens can be safe. He can't effectively do that if he's hanging out with hard-drug dealers and running amuk breaking the law himself. Ya' know?

This is actually one of the more level-headed and concise arguments I've heard against Mayor Ford, and one I can't really disagree with despite my own personal stance on the matter.

Starred.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchAngel_X

As a libertarian, I am against drug laws and agree that what a person does to their own body without hurting others isn't any business of the government, no matter how stupid their acts might be.

As a voter, he would not be the person that I would
want in any government office.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join