It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your opinion (dealing with mentally disabled?)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I have also been in many real life or death situations, including shooting a crackhead that pushed his way into my apartment with a big ass kitchen knife. I disagree with you. I don't think a superman punch to the jaw was quite warranted at that point.

I would have put myself between the kid and the dude and see what was what. If he made another aggressive move then it's game time. Revenge and self defense are not the same thing. That might have a lot to do with my formal training I guess. I can get into a boatload of trouble for flying off the handle. I could easily accidentally kill someone. I go for a kick to the chest for example, I might stop their heart.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

It's not really that they are jerks. They aren't capable of being jerks like normal people are. The big problem is, they don't understand things we do. Like strength, and size. The guy downs had a moron father, abusive towards my aunt in front of the kids. Watching wrestling and action movies with him. He doesn't understand he is a big boy. He doesn't understand keeping his hands to himself. I am a big guy, and he can overpower me, and has. He doesn't know he might be hurting others, he is just playing around. He accidentally yanked his little sister's arm out of the socket when she was going to college. Not because he was trying to hurt her, but because he didn't want her to leave.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Text

I know for a fact that MY plan on dealing with physical conflict WORKS, because I wouldn't be alive today if it didn't. I've been in multiple, REAL life, REAL world situations were my life and safety was being threatened by others. Every time I reacted just like the father in this video, and every time I've made it out alive.

Haha don't make me laugh ... honestly what tosh.
carry on ...

edit on 9-11-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That site the OP brought is way cool. Thanks for the ride down that rabbit holeā€¦

Like it says, be entertained.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

HelenConway

Text

I know for a fact that MY plan on dealing with physical conflict WORKS, because I wouldn't be alive today if it didn't. I've been in multiple, REAL life, REAL world situations were my life and safety was being threatened by others. Every time I reacted just like the father in this video, and every time I've made it out alive.

Haha don't make me laugh ... honestly what tosh.
carry on ...

edit on 9-11-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

What exactly do you find humorous? You think because you live a sheltered life everyone else does as well? Or do you just find violence funny in general? I'm not really understanding what you could find humorous about having to defend one's self. The fact you find humor in it speaks volumes.

Either participate in this discussion or don't, you just look like a pompous jerk with comments such as these. It's quite obvious by your attitude you think you are above everyone else, as you refuse to actually have a back-and-forth discussion

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join