It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masked Russell Brand leads Anonymous march against austerity cuts: Funnyman-turned-activist joins

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So this is the outcome you predict from R B having an opinion and acting out his discontent by demonstration in the correct democratic way?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vviena1606

Do I think this guy is the next Hitler, eh probably not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

TKDRL

Before you can become a monster in power, you must gain tremendous popular support with the citizens

you have a potential coupe in the making. To be a monster in power, you have to hide that monster until you got the power.

Do I think this guy is the next Hitler, eh probably not. But no one thought Hitler was gonna be a monster either in the beginning.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Dont know how to do the quote thing properly on here yet, but the point is there I think

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ianuk
The most interesting thing is his new girlfriend Jemima Khan (nee Goldsmith), Jemima's father was Sir James Michael Goldsmith a billionaire financier. Jemima has two brothers; Zac Goldsmith Tory MP who is married to Alice Rothschild, and another brother called Ben Goldsmith, who up until last year was married to Kate Rothschild.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

All seems a bit fishy but maybe im being mislead.

That is bloody scary, when you put those same Connections to Assange as well. Something very, very wrong here indeed. Your not being mislead at all Ianuk, every other fool certainly is.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Vviena1606
reply to post by TKDRL

Why does it matter who is doing the gentle shoving as long as the ppl are stirring?
edit on Vv35America/Chicago11pm1606 by Vviena1606 because: (no reason given)

To decent people it matters alot, when the shoving is being done in a public toilet block. Only deviant's want to be behind Another deviant.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So does his association with jemima means he has an agenda? He has told us his agenda.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The point I was trying to get across is if you are going to follow someone, beware there are wolves in sheep's clothing is all.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Who decides who or what is decent? Grow up

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Why presume that people are all stupid? He has the civil right to an opinion, as do you or I, but why do you feel that he having an opinion should mean anything other than he having an opinion? is my point.
Seems so many ppl on here have such conspiracy theories and yet when a celeb agrees and makes an effort to highlight the Hypocrisy, injustice & duplicitous nature of TPTB, those same ppl on here jump up & down about his past with addiction or previous wrong doings as a younger man as if that gives his view point any less importance. If he has the need to fight a corner then who am I to deny him that right.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

While I like him and feel he is a force for good when just speaking about what is failing....I hate him in this role of "hitting the bricks"....His idea of a solution is just repulsive....his need for attention needs to be curbed. Give us a mechanic, a waiter, a nurse....anyone NOT "special" to THEM....not a celebrity.

I now don't trust him....oh well....

moving on to take my cues from my local butcher, paper boy, WW2 vet....ect. and just wait for him to entertain me again.

edit on 11 8 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

TKDRL

The point I was trying to get across is if you are going to follow someone, beware there are wolves in sheep's clothing is all.

Funny you say that friend. The Wolf in Sheeps Clothing is the Coat of Arms of the Fabian Society. The very Group pushing Brand and this Agenda. Brand is now editor of their Magazine. Irony, Think not.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Vviena1606

Who decides who or what is decent? Grow up

Well if it is deemed decent, I guess decent people ? As for growing up, no posters on my walls. How about you ?

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Yes but who decides who the decent ppl are? Did decent ppl enforce slavery or hang witches or condemn homosexuality? Yet these were seen as the decent thing in days gone by, R B is NOT the enermy (so to speak)
P.s No posters since 92
edit on Vv46America/Chicago11pm1606 by Vviena1606 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its a toughie though, those who could do something are already achieving so basically any revolt would need local achievers to back it. Not likely when they must think that achieving and giving back is their priority and starting a revolution is messing with affairs that affect peoples life's negatively.
For their to be a revolution and not just a march, whole communities would need to be behind it.
I think Russell is doing crusading in the right way, make people think about the injustices and suffering.

I worry a global effort or ideology could grip forcing a revolution. Now the people such as Russell would be viewed as visionaries mainly because of their fame.

Its a toughie, we see that the powerful will fight for power so we cant force them to change without massive destruction so we have to try maneuver them out of power or sway their thinking enough that peaceful changes could be made. That means there will be a new reign of power which can either be good or bad. lol

I sometimes wonder is this stuff is prophesied as its so common, I mean a group of dogs have the same dilemas no? Give their food to the poor dogs or eat with the pack. Joining the poor and the pack can turn on you. So enough seeds in the group and possibly you could do it but the leader will go. So the status quo is how many crumbs they get compared to what you get. A good leader should keep its pack happy. It seems its up to the leaders to either realize they need to start addressing the injustice but also have to hold their position or one side might win good or bad.

So again, even though its dangerous I feel we have to set a limit on how the poor are treated, this needs to become standard. Its one of humans most noticeable traits. There is arguments for strongest surviving but I don't think that's us.

I believe we have a solution in us that stops injustice and suffering and keeps us diverse, progressive, fun, open and good behaviors. I follow Russel as he seems to be thinking similar. I think fame for a reason like Joker is admirable and deserves status. Not easy.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ianuk
The most interesting thing is his new girlfriend Jemima Khan (nee Goldsmith), Jemima's father was Sir James Michael Goldsmith a billionaire financier. Jemima has two brothers; Zac Goldsmith Tory MP who is married to Alice Rothschild, and another brother called Ben Goldsmith, who up until last year was married to Kate Rothschild.

Whoa. That really does put a different spin on things. I'm suddenly a little suspicious of RB, though I still think he's brilliant. Time will tell, I guess...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

TKDRL

This same Fabian Society?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3b6ad73f3b5b.jpg[/atsimg]

I just skim read your link, yes that's the one and the same. I have had to sit at tables with filth like this. Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing is all I will say.These people have there hands dirty in social engineering. There are images of Brand holding a copy of their Magazine, both promoting it and himself. I am also aware of interviews he has given as editor. Thanks for your link to the ATS thread, I will have a deeper viewing , when I have time.

edit on 9-11-2013 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Russell Brand is an erudite man who has a way with words that I find quite compelling , I could listen to (and agree with) his views all day long .

If we had a party of politicians made from his mould I believe this country would be in a lot better shape .

Imho, this is terribly misguided. The man contradicts himself by having Marxist values to gain what exactly? Popularity? And everyone, it seems, falls for it by flagging everything Brand has to say???

Take a look at this video clip by Schiff who disects exactly what Brand says and, again my opinion, reveals Brand as a person somewhat confused.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blister

This is the drug addict guy? The one who sees females as things for his pleasure? Who speaks like he went to Smackhead Caveman Special Academy... No respect from me that's for sure.

yes, the very same. i guess you haven't heard that he's been sober for 8 years, and while i'm sure he has a lot of sex, i haven't heard nor seen him trivialize a person into a sex object to be discarded.

i disagree with russell brand on quite a few points regarding politics, but he is definitively right in one respect: the world needs to have a nice long collective think on what it wants...after the tyrants in power are ousted.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join