It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A masked Russell Brand leads Anonymous march against austerity cuts: Funnyman-turned-activist joins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The guy against corporate greed using his IShmuck, disgusting. His PR manager is doing a wonderful job.
Don't be fooled by that one video, one does not make it in Hollywood without selling your soul.

Even though i don't agree with our current system i can't listen to a guy who's has never even tried to work the system ( the guy who has never voted in his life ).

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Not really impressed, even less convinced but you can tell it was cold last night, they wore scarves and hats! Bless them for that.

Now these badasses knew how to protest, they didn't even wear masks they were that badass, and because there wasn't anything on TV they hadn't even heard of Russel Brand:

Then we have this amusing little thing, which some brave masked protester left lying around in a convenient place:

The picture is inscribed with British Revolution. Revolution my arse, I nicked a traffic cone once from in front of my house because it blocked my parking space, does that make me a rebel? Now if they had gotten some barrels of the black stuff and left it under the old Parliament building that would have been impressive.

I am not lambasting Russel Brand, I do not know enough about him, but to me he is yet to prove his honest intentions, and to this, only time will tell. Jaysus I love Carlin and Hicks, who told it as they saw it for years, so I must not jump the gun with the curly haired one. All I say is stop and think a bit about it. No need to rush. MLK said very eloquently:

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."

PS I never gave the traffic cone back so that makes me a bad lad.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There goes his career ...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Being worth $15 million wouldn't that make him part of the class he complains about?
Or is it only Billionaires that must learn to share?
Also what's the point of a masked march if you're going to take your mask off and have your picture taken?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
Being worth $15 million wouldn't that make him part of the class he complains about?
Also what's the point of a masked march if you're going to take your mask off and have your picture taken?

Well that is how leftists think...it's always the other guy that is greedy and selfish and has too much.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

So what he has money?

Doesnt mean he cant hate the current system like everyone else?

As for Billionairs? Is it not THEM that have all our politicans in both the UK and USA brought and paid for?
Is it not them that have created a new aristoctacy with all the power? Are not the banking clans useing our goverments like puppets?

I have nothing againt money, earn what the hell you like. What I do have a problem is when a small group hoard all the power a influance as thats when problems like tyranny arise. Wealth does not have to be equal but power does.
edit on 6-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Asktheanimals

Well that is how leftists think...it's always the other guy that is greedy and selfish and has too much.

So everythings working fine as it is? All our politicans are honnest and not corrupt or being influanced by the banking clans in anyway at the expense of the people?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

crazyewok

NavyDoc

Asktheanimals

So everythings working fine as it is? All our politicans are honnest and not corrupt or being influanced by the banking clans in anyway at the expense of the people?

Working fine? No. However, as with many of these protestors and leftists, the truism is that they consider anyone with more than them "the underserving and evil wealthy" and it is always "the other guy" who is to blame.

Do they consider, for a moment, that it was their votes, based on promises of something for nothing, that created the mess? Do they consider for a moment that they are, in fact, part of the problem or do they go on and on about the other guy and how other people are to blame.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It just sucks. Once you become famous, and you try to do things like this nobody wants to take you seriously.

Addict or not, he is standing up for what he believes in, and by being a celeb, brings things into light where violence would.

So I think its cool he did that, just should have left the mask on and not gave someone the photo op..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

So they are supposed to sit on there arses and do nothing?

Yeah they may have been part of the problem. But a very small group (who do happen to be very wealthy) have seized power, voting wont work now seeing our only choices at election seem to be exactly the same, hell south park summed it up that we only have a choice between a douche and a turd.

Maybe the gennral public could have done something 20 years ago, but its too late now. Hell half of those who want change like me couldnt even vote 20 years ago so how can the blame even be on us?

Now I dont care about ones wealth, but I cant blame those who do seeing as its the super wealthy that seem to have seized power for themselfs and are takeing the rest of us for a ride. Restore the balance of power and I dont think people will worry about wealth too much. when a society is happy and content and social mobility is hight and the laws just people dont care much what there neigbour have or if someone has more, as soon as unhappyness sets in and class system set up and tyranny sets in, the jelousy comes out.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Big deal, a rich guy marched with others...
I here there were a lot of folks who marched, let's hear their stories instead.
Publicity stunt!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Kantzveldt
reply to post by daaskapital

Why wear a mask when it is the same as your face...?

it's time for some Russell Brand's time traveller theory

peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by NavyDoc

So they are supposed to sit on there arses and do nothing?

Yeah they may have been part of the problem. But a very small group (who do happen to be very wealthy) have seized power, voting wont work now seeing our only choices at election seem to be exactly the same, hell south park summed it up that we only have a choice between a douche and a turd.

Maybe the gennral public could have done something 20 years ago, but its too late now. Hell half of those who want change like me couldnt even vote 20 years ago so how can the blame even be on us?

Now I dont care about ones wealth, but I cant blame those who do seeing as its the super wealthy that seem to have seized power for themselfs and are takeing the rest of us for a ride. Restore the balance of power and I dont think people will worry about wealth too much. when a society is happy and content and social mobility is hight and the laws just people dont care much what there neigbour have or if someone has more, as soon as unhappyness sets in and class system set up and tyranny sets in, the jelousy comes out.

No, not do nothing--do the right thing. Instead of demanding more government and more handouts and making the problem worse, they need to become more independent and fight to shrink the power of government.

All those years they were asking the government to take care of them, to tax them for wealth redistribution, to meet their needs, to educate them, to feed them, to house them, were years they were enabling the government to be powerful and control every piece of their lives. Without an all powerful government, the influence of the wealthy on that government is much less and they effect the common man much less. Here they protest for more of the same.

The first thing they need to do is become independent and get off the governmental teat, then push for less government with less power and the influence of the billionaires matters less.
edit on 6-11-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Money doesn't change your class it just makes life easier .

Some Billionaires do share and set up foundations to help the poorest of the world but in my experience they tend to be self made and still remember their roots , the problem is with the elites that hoard their wealth and pass it from generation to generation .

It amazes me there is so much cynicism toward Brand here as the words he speaks seem to me to be much the same as those of members of this forum , he's just saying in public what we type in private .
I'm wondering if he was an American attitudes toward him would be different

edit on 6-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

Not necessarily. He complains about those with money, who rig the system. Those with the most power, who keep us all oppressed. He doesn't have nearly as much power as those of whom he has a problem with.

If you had noticed, there were other, everyday citizens in the background of the picture(s) who were not wearing their masks properly (i.e. wearing their masks the exact same way as Brand). I imagine wearing a mask like that for a couple of hours would get annoying anyway.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I wonder who is the one making money off the masks? Wouldn't it be ironic if it were the PTB? Somebody is making a pretty good dollar or pound off of all of those masks.

Ha... Looks like Time Warner gets a little bit of each mask. I'm sure there are multiple manufacturers. Can't even be an anarchist without paying "The Man".

Now, it is not nice to sneer – nor is it wise, when one's target is a rather touchy criminal collective. But there is a tasty irony about the fact that the V mask is itself a copyrighted product. Every time that Rubies sells one – for $6.49, £5.16 or €10.50 – a cut of the profit goes to Warner Bros, which made the film. That's Warners as in one of Hollywood's six big studios, a subsidiary of TimeWarner, and a member of, yes, the Motion Picture Association of America – Anonymous's adversary in the fight over online piracy. It just goes to show. The battle for copyright may be lost, but no one flouts the law of unintended consequences.

edit on 6-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by Blister

Hes pulled his life together it seems so you may want to rethink that.

Probably more likely a stunt gone wrong, keeps the Hollywood folks in line and would seem so natural to the rest of the population that aren't already awake.

link   
"Dont trust this man"
"Sold his soul to the devil"
"Sexist veiws towards women"

All a load of #e.

Russell Brand is a millionaire, a very successful comedian with dozens of acting roles under his belt, he doesn't need to do this. This is him giving back, he comes from the bottom of the pyramid just like us, hes voicing our opinions. I relate to this man much more than I do some rich silver spooned toffy nose twat that has no idea of the real world.

We need more Russell Brands

link   

NavyDoc

Asktheanimals

Yes... they all "Earned" their money fairly. Therefore it's pure. LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
When I saw that first Brand thread a little while back (the interview he did for BBC) I decided to dig a little. It didn't take me long at all to form my opinion on the guy. This is a good man. He has been speaking his mind on these matters for quite some time and his diary entries on his website read as well as his spoken word sounds. The man is extremely intelligent and beautifully spoken.

People like to say he doesn't offer valid solutions, and I disagree. While I may not like his politics, I can get past that for the time being as he makes it quite clear that he isn't entirely in favor of any particular system. He just wants to see this one done away with...to that point I agree whole heartedly.

He made an entry after that guy got his head chopped off in the streets of London while back that had such a simple solution for ending violence in the name of religion that I nearly made a thread about it. The idea is that if people would simply stop looking down their noses at people of a differing faiths and instead leave flowers at the doorsteps at their places of worship we could watch a lot of this violence melt away.

In the end, the only way to change the world is to change our own outlook on life.

I am non-religious, but am considering following this idea myself. Maybe a bouquet of flowers placed at a baptist church with an Arabic blessing.

Actions like these are what the world really needs. Not tireless dogmatic debates. Acceptance and tolerance and respect. That's all we need.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested I would strongly recommend looking up his website. He has a ton of writing on there. Good read too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join