It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Middle School Football Team Went Behind Their Coaches’ Backs To Do Something Incredible

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

While the NFL is dealing with the issue of bullying in the Miami Dolphins locker room, a middle school football team in Michigan has a deeper understanding of the game that pros may never reach.

The Olivet Eagles football team at Olivet Middle School in Olivet, Michigan, decided to run a play and intentionally not score, all without their coaches knowing.

The football team planned the play for weeks, all so they could set up a very special moment for a special boy.

Keith Orr is a special needs child, and his buddies on the football team decided to give him the chance to run for a touchdown.

This Middle School Football Team Went Behind Their Coaches’ Backs To Do Something Incredible (Video)

Awesome! After reading all the negativity on the News every single day, this made my day a little brighter. Good for these kids! I'm sure things like this happen every day and wish they would be reported on much more.
edit on 11/6/2013 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

I would have gone for his knees, taken him down with a chopblock, and that would have taught him to go all Rudy on us. Yay Team! Gonzo style! (and then when he was down I'd jump on his neck with my elbow, piledrive him, and make him wish he'd never been born).

/satire by the way, have to make that clear sometimes.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This video gives me hope. All the good in us is not dead yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Thats really nice

What a great bunch of guys! Lifted my day, thanks to them and you for posting!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I look after people with learning disabilities and you just made my day

It is awesome when they do things that you and I take for granted for the first time and the sense of achievement they have is wonderful.
S&F

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Great post.....Proves that no matter how much society attempts to crush the Human spirit, it will never succeed, it's innate in all of us, we're social monkeys (& we're going to the stars)!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

boymonkey74
I look after people with learning disabilities and you just made my day

It is awesome when they do things that you and I take for granted for the first time and the sense of achievement they have is wonderful.
S&F

It's great to see things like this. They could have just changed that kids, and his parents, life by doing something some of us take for granted. And, I bet the parents who were yelling when the kid kneed at the one felt like dummies after they realized what the kids were doing. lol.

There's another story going around about a fair ride operator who helps disabled kids get on and off the rides, and even checks to see if young kids have gum in their mouths before he lets them on so they wont choke. I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

"This video gives me hope. All the good in us is not dead yet."

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by CBS"

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

tehdouglas

Isn't that something.

I really can't stand this corporate BS!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

tehdouglas

Unbelievable

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Clip "owned" by CBS....
I smell something funny here, I call fake all the way around.
No other cameras there to get the play...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

g146541
Clip "owned" by CBS....
I smell something funny here, I call fake all the way around.
No other cameras there to get the play...

Wow and nobody was clever enough to figure it out until you came along!

The only thing funny smelling around here is you... seriously dude, for your brain to be that far gone, you must've been sitting at your computer for days...go take a shower. Go outside.

The YouTube video was a copy of the CBS newscast which included TWO plays shot most likely by parents which was maybe 5% of the YouTube video. The rest of it was CBS anchormen and shots and interviews of the kids in their school at least a few days AFTER the game took place. This is why the stupid corporate greed copywrite lawsuit thing happened. If it was just the footage taken by spectators it would have been fine. But whoever put up.the YouTube video just took the portion of a normal CBS newscast that mentioned the game.

CBS does not OWN all the footage of that game or either one of the plays featured in the news story. They just own the news story that they made which features their employees doing a job they paid for and their advertisers don't want them to let people get away with providing the same exact service commercial-free. It sucks the world has to be like that, but I'm not in their shoes so I can't blame them for self preservation. That instinct is at the heart of every entity, living or non. Governments and corporations would be good.examples of nonliving entities. I mean, honestly, if it was me, I'd just let myself die rather than be a part of that world. But I can't hold everybody to the same high standard I hold myself to... But, you, sir/madam, are an ATS member...clean up your act!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, It's wonderful that another inspiring video has come along to make us feel good.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Actually a pretty amazing little town so it doesnt surprise me. My 2 daughters went through the majority of their K-12 education there. Both cheerleaders for the football team

(post by imasheep removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Aahww, that little feller is totally cute...and thank you for posting the story;

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok wow!!! If Kids like these had been in school with me maybe I wouldn't be the cranky old bitch I am today hehe. That's awesome!

Lil

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

It is a Great community and am very proud. Great bunch of kids!

This is represents what America used to be like, which is so few and far between today. In the community you will see it working and living as a TEAM!, where most people have each others backs. Watch these young kids again. They just didn't learn that in a book or from a Football coach!

I Thank god for my parents and grandparents every day of my life(we had no silver spoon) and our community. Hard work, discipline, and caring for another.

Michigan and Detroit catches so much bad press and grief, not all of it is justified. (I won't get into this now)

I have lived and traveled in many areas of our country, I work with and talk to people/ families from all over the world daily, some of the best people with the greatest hearts come from the mitten state. This is a little window of some of the communities that still are making a difference no matter that the USSA is burning! They are still living there lives the best they can.(No cable TV?)

So my question to all of you; What can you do to make a difference?

I don't want any reply or answers to the question. As adults, we don't need approval, praise or an audience for our deeds for living every day and just doing the right thing.

There are those that are always watching, and that is all I need.

top topics

join