Super Typhoon Haiyan gaining strength, will strike Philippines with maximum strength of category 5!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
On the mobile at inlaws south mactan...time to finaly rest, worked like a mad man with two helpers today. Working the last two days and got everything done, windows boarded, fully stocked ect.
Trying to hydrate
Have a post storm security plan too. If infrastructure is wiped out power could be out for months li,e in 1990. It will be a very ugly time. Economy will be severly disrupted and filter all the way down to the tricicad drivers.

There is a power plant in Leyte that feeds Cebu...talking to local electrical engineer tonight, he says if we loose Leyte power supply there will be big problems for Cebu.
I just found this....to back it upwww.philstar....repares-typhoon...

people will be very hungry.....and wanting what you have, thieves go to work quikly. Don't worry about it now....just somthing to think about post storm.

Cuddle tight tonight folks...see you on the other side I'm so tired...I can't look at another spaghetti map. Worked so hard today prepping. calm before the storm was so dead...I should have gone to sleep then. The rain has started, no wind in my location just yet. Good night folks, going to charge up for game time....6-10 hours from now I think.
To top it off we still feel the odd aftershock on Mactan.

made a video for mom

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Your points are very valid. I would imagine the mini stops or whatever you have there have sold out of most everything a long time ago, along with the hardware, groceries, etc.

By all indications this looks like a couple hundred kilometer freight train with 200+ knot gusts. This is something I would really not want to experience. Please stay safe and if what you predict unfolds, get out of there asap if you can.

It looks like it will be there in full force by sunrise for several hours. It's not raining yet in the Cordillera mountains in Luzon, but I think it will be this afternoon.

Best of luck!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

MariaLida
"Typhoon Bopha packed winds of up to 175 mph when it struck the island nation, bringing torrential rains that flattened entire villages, leaving thousands homeless, as well as washing out roads and bridges needed by rescue personnel trying to reach stricken regions"

Formed November 25, 2012
Dissipated December 9, 2012
Highest winds 10-minute sustained:
185 km/h (115 mph)
1-minute sustained:
280 km/h (175 mph)
Lowest pressure 930 mbar (hPa); 27.46 inHg
Fatalities 1,146 total, 834 missing
Damage $1.04 billion (2012 USD)
Areas affected Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, Philippines

www.wunderground.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I've sky-dived, right, face first for however long, so maybe I got close to terminal velocity, what, 120 mph? I can't even imagine what 175 mph wind for 1 minute must be like. Here's to hoping people get through this ok.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There is a thread on this but thought it was worth posting here as well.

A Philippines' government website dedicated to the prevention of national disasters has been hacked hours before a powerful typhoon was expected to hit the southeast Asian country.

IBT

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
S&F hope it isn't gonna be as bad as it looks.

So many links, is there a Live News feed from Manilla that works? (english) And if so can anyone share one?

I'll keep searching for now but it takes a lot of sifting
edit on 7-11-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow I never knew about this, thanks for the heads up.

My Brother lives in Merville with his wife and family, I will try to contact them in a couple of hours when they wake. It was only a few months ago when a massive storm completely deluged the basement and hundreds suffered / made homeless or even died, bless their souls.

Prayers for everyone and I hope you and your loved ones all stay safe and well.

God Bless

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

People's Television (PTV) is the flagship government television network owned by the Philippine Government. The headquarters is located in Quezon City, Metro Manila.

People's Television

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Nice video. You have a beautiful home, & the entire area looks so peaceful. I hope it's all still there after this typhoon passes over...best of luck to you all.....thanks for adding the news clip. I didn't really realize how massive the storm was...check back in if your able to...👍

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This was posted on a cyclone chaser facebook in australia, It's from an instagram acc of someone in the Philippines Instagram video - looks like it's absolutely pounding them - I'm really surprised there is little to no news of this on our mainstream news programs.

As a side note - mods can we embed IG videos?

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just went to the Peoples TV link and it is down now. It is a shame that we here in the US don't give much coverage to certain places while we bend over backwards to give coverage for other areas and get bombarded with commercials to give aid to those same places. I did see that the weather channel does have 1 person over there, not sure what city but they do have someone. Hoping for the best for the people over there.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

bkaust
This was posted on a cyclone chaser facebook in australia, It's from an instagram acc of someone in the Philippines Instagram video - looks like it's absolutely pounding them - I'm really surprised there is little to no news of this on our mainstream news programs.

As a side note - mods can we embed IG videos?

OMG!!! That's incredible! Thanks for finding that......I agree, We should have more coverage in the U.S....I sure hope we hear from members sooner then later, who are over there
edit on 11/7/13 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Imagine being on one of those islands. All you could do is travel to the far side and hope the waves don't make it that far. I would actually love to see video from there.

I have a thing for storms. I love them. I wouldn't want to risk my life or die in one, but there is something about them that attracts me.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Trust me, it's not fun to have anything to do with hurricanes.
My girlfriend/fiancee is there right now with her family in a house part concrete and part wood and to make things worse, I just witnessed the eye pass 5-10 km away from where she is (www.ssd.noaa.gov...).

That means 1-2 hours of category 3-4 windspeeds, 3-4 hours of Category 4 and 5 windspeeds (300 kph winds and 380 kph gusts) while the eye passes and then again around 2 hours of cat 3-4. It's like being pounded harder and harder with every passing second... for hours!

I guess I understand what you mean though. It has something attractive to it but right now, for me, its scary, ugly and life-destructive characteristics are all that matter.

Please pray ATS

IT--
edit on 7-11-2013 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
very frustrating having no live news on this, The weather channel is showing some footage for like two minutes then nothing. I've been searching for tv or radio and absolutely nothing.

Damn. Biggest storm possibly ever and there's pretty much a total media black out.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Agreed! Use this website for satelite imagery:
www.ssd.noaa.gov...
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Edit: and this one for it's trajectory:
www.tropicalstormrisk.com...

If u have any question or want to figure something out or are wondering how "hard" a certain city is gonna get hit feel free to u2u/pm me and i'll find it out for u.

IT--

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is the strongest hurricane (yes it's a hurricane) ever recorded in human history.
Best wishes to all affected.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think even though there isn't a whole lot of coverage on the live news stations overseas we will see a LOT of news on it when it's passed - here is another pic from the Oz Cyclone Chasers FB page
- titled 'Comparison in Tacloban Downtown Area'

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Link please!!!

Edit: Nevermind, found it...

IT--

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by edog11

Sorry I normally do link but I'm rushing to get off to a Dr appt - here's the link for any others wanting a different source for updates

Oz Cyclone Chasers

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Alert: This thing just went over the maximum scale limit. If that makes sense, the max is 8, it just flirted with 8.1

That makes this the most powerful storm ever recorded.

"If it maintains its strength, there has never been a storm this strong making landfall anywhere in the world," said Jeff Masters, founder of Weather Underground in Ann Arbor, Mich. "This is off the charts."

www.thespec.com...
edit on 7-11-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join