It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized "Iguana" of Mars? Curiosity sol 153.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

davethebear
Arken, I love your enthusiasm on this subject, keep it up bro, something will come good in the end. I hope it's you that finds the Holy Grail.........

Still thinking that the spinal column find may be at least a candidate, as it hasn't been vetted properly as yet - either by professional biologists, etc., or by the media. I'll post a link here, for those who haven't seen Arken's find:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a teaser:

edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Arken

Exactly. Some seconds before the Surge, these cavities in the ash were living humans. Then archaeologists came along about two thousand years later and made them into plaster casts and excavated them.

corrected that for you

ETA: you never did follow my advice about doing some reading on Archaeology and Geology i notice. Saves some daft mistakes

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well what a coincidence that the evolution of life on Mars in the past stopped at the same stage of development as life here on earth with the same species !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or it's a rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your pick

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

We should be scared of them, have you seen HOW MANY rocks there are on Mars?!

Serious threat to human kind!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It looks to me more like the rarest of creatures, the Platbilled Duckypuss, it is clear that's the head and bill nearest the ground facing you. Either that, or it's a r..r..r...Sorry I can't say that.
edit on 6-11-2013 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Arken
Gale Crater never doesn't stop to astonish... At a carefull inspection, dozen of anomalies come out from Curiosity images. There is nothing to add to this rock: It appear like an Iguana fossilized in its last moment of life...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

true-wildlife.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You know how you can look at clouds and find that they look like all sorts of different things.

Yes...the same can be done with rocks...even here on Earth.

These threads should really stop...they are rocks...just rocks.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Fair do's for posting a picture of an Iguana, but what purpose does it serve? Obviously, it's a rock that by random happenstance does look remarkably like an Iguana.

What process would cause a Creature to become fossilised and then perfectly excavated? Arken clearly thought that the Pompeii casts were fossils of some variety, where that is blatantly not the case - it took humans to fill the cavities left by their decomposed bodies under layers of compacted ash with plaster of paris (and later resin) and then excavate them. Arkens threads are clear proof that if you look at enough rocks, you find some that look like "stuff".

ETA: and a general question, how is a rock that looks like something else an "anomaly"?. We may as well post threads of potatoes that resemble famous people, or carrots that look like whatsits. I have a flint that looks like a whatsit, veins and all. I may post it later, but it's in my flintknapping thread. Obviously it aint a dinosaur's fossilised thingy.

Apologies for my rant

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Now that you mention it it does look like one of those pound puppy stuffed toys. IMO this one is a rock, too much "meat" to be a fossil.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You know what? As many times as I see people claiming rocks on Mars to be something and they really just being rocks...this is actually a very good find. Probably the most convincing rock ever, hell the Iguana even looks scared (and suspiciously like Toucan Sam).

Usually I chalk these things up to us just trying to make sense of the randomness and hoping to see things on mars, but damn if that's not a fossilized iguana. I'm on board with this one...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

does look remarkably
reply to post by skalla

Yes it does...remarkably. As for the process, things have happened on Mars that have not happened on Earth. We cannot say what processes have taken place as we are barely learning about our own planets processes!

People who are so sure of things must have some god in them, how else could they KNOW so much for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Scraping the bottom of the barrel here Arken , it looks more like a fossilised rabbit with a bad leg rather than an "Iguana" .

Here have a Duck

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

To be fair i think that by and large we can tell. We know how planets are formed, and we have a detailed understanding of Geology as a science. We know what types of rocks are on the Moon and on Mars, and how they formed - we also have the same rocks on earth. We know the current climate and can extrapolate historical info on this. We really possess lots of tools to analyse what is observed there.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That is not a petrified iguana.
I'm beginning to think some folks around here post these threads simply for stars and flags.
Honestly.

Yes it looks like an iguana, but its obviously a damn rock.

The comparison to the bodies in Pompey are faulty, as has been pointed out twice now and still just sorta sits there.

Something like an iguana would be the least likely candidate for fossilization. The darn thing falls apart with the slightest tug on the tail. Why would you expect to see eyes and not holes in the skull where the eyes used to be?

Good grief, this is just silliness.

How about the odds that life on Mars would have evolved to the exact same biodiversity we see here on Earth?? Astronomical in the strictest possible sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

JayinAR
I'm beginning to think some folks around here post these threads simply for stars and flags.
Honestly.

The comparison to the bodies in Pompey are faulty, as has been pointed out twice now and still just sorta sits there.

Something like an iguana would be the least likely candidate for fossilization. The darn thing falls apart with the slightest tug on the tail. Why would you expect to see eyes and not holes in the skull where the eyes used to be?

How about the odds that life on Mars would have evolved to the exact same biodiversity we see here on Earth?? Astronomical in the strictest possible sense.

Nothing about Mars is obvious, we don't even know what happened to the oceans or the atmosphere, but it is thought of have been very like earth so the odds of very similar life forms is great.

Early Mars had a carbon dioxide atmosphere similar in thickness to present-day Earth (1000 hPa).[10] Despite a weak early Sun, the greenhouse effect from a thick carbon dioxide atmosphere,

We know very little, changes in temperature and atmosphere as well as dust storms when rapid could account for preserved life forms.

I actually feel sorry for people who think they know these things for sure. I remember when they told us there would be very very few of the rare suns that had planets around them and I laughed.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Char-Lee

JayinAR
Honestly.

Nothing about Mars is obvious, we don't even know what happened to the oceans or the atmosphere, but it is thought of have been very like earth so the odds of very similar life forms is great.

Early Mars had a carbon dioxide atmosphere similar in thickness to present-day Earth (1000 hPa).[10] Despite a weak early Sun, the greenhouse effect from a thick carbon dioxide atmosphere,

We know very little, changes in temperature and atmosphere as well as dust storms when rapid could account for preserved life forms.

I actually feel sorry for people who think they know these things for sure. I remember when they told us there would be very very few of the rare suns that had planets around them and I laughed.

You don't understand what I am saying.

Here on Earth, for instance, we are only one comet strike, or asteroid strike, or super volcano eruption, etc away from having a completely different eco system.

The odds of two planets, side by side no less, having the exact same species of animal, are incredibly large. Millions of years with the same conditions would be required.

One planet gets hit with a giant asteroid? Well the same better happen to the other or the lifeforms are gonna look way different in short order...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
FISH ROCK

MONKEY ROCK

BREADROCK (as opposed to bedrock) hehe

May I have a star please

edit on 6-11-2013 by Tasty Canadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The main objection from the members of this forum who do not believe in the possible existence, and passed, a civilization on Mars (it is obvious that we do not talk about current life), the main objection seems to be that what is presented to them is "rock". My approach is not to say that there is no rocks (also we speak more petrification, or coating), but rather to see these rocks as being likely to be objects or pieces of unknowns, or even pieces of architectural structures, animals, or anything else that is unknown to us and which the material can be both resin, metal, plastic or alloy again unknown. But this is not a proof the lookalike Iguana was an animal, there are also optical illusions. But we can not reject all images !

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by florentb

It has absolutely nothing to do with life on Mars, past or present. Do you know my views on Mars' past? Of course not, i have made no reference to that.

It's to do with silly pictures of rocks that look like stuff. Like i said, we may as well post pictures of vegetables that look like other things. Sad Potatoes, a Parsnip with a dick, a Turnip with buttocks.

The quality of the presented material and the subsequent reasoning of how it occurred is poor in this case. Presenting the Pompeii body cavity casts as a method of how such "fossils" may occur is so flawed that it's no longer funny.

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: turnip sounds better

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

skalla
reply to post by florentb

It has absolutely nothing to do with life on Mars, past or present. Do you know my views on Mars' past? Of course not, i have made no reference to that.

It's to do with silly pictures of rocks that look like stuff. Like i said, we may as well post pictures of vegetables that look like other things. Sad Potatoes, a Parsnip with a dick, a Turnip with buttocks.

The quality of the presented material and the subsequent reasoning of how it occurred is poor in this case. Presenting the Pompeii body cavity casts as a method of how such "fossils" may occur is so flawed that it's no longer funny.

edit on 6-11-2013 by skalla because: turnip sounds better

Don't forget the potato chip that looks like Jesus Christ.

And people actually pay big money for that crap on eBay.

Yes yes, Jesus has returned. And he has chosen to reveal himself through a pseudo food loaded with enough sodium to stop your heart in moderate doses.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join