It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized "Iguana" of Mars? Curiosity sol 153.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Gale Crater never doesn't stop to astonish... At a carefull inspection, dozen of anomalies come out from Curiosity images. There is nothing to add to this rock: It appear like an Iguana fossilized in its last moment of life...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If anyone finds something up there it's gonna be you Arken, I can't deny the hard work you take looking for your patterns in stone. But, this is a rock I'm afraid.

(Edit)

Look's to me like a lame horse taking a dump.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

maybe we will eventually find the medusa that is petrifying all these animals and turning them into rocks, did you find the sarcophagus yet Arken ?

funbox

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Arken

maybe we will eventually find the medusa that is petrifying all these animals and turning them into rocks, did you find the sarcophagus yet Arken ? funbox

Medusa you say?

You can call them Pyroclastic Flow or "Surge" en.wikipedia.org... and "Lahar" en.wikipedia.org...

Something like this...

Do you know Pompei in Italy?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Very nice catch. I will admit that it does look like a lizard-type creature and the pyroclastic flow theory isn't far-fetched at all.

My personal opinion is that Mars was once Earth-like and hosted life but that's just my own theory. With the images you have found and posted here, it's certainly a possibility. Cool.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Arken
Gale Crater never doesn't stop to astonish... At a carefull inspection, dozen of anomalies come out from Curiosity images. There is nothing to add to this rock: It appear like an Iguana fossilized in its last moment of life...

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I'd like to point out this was first discovered by Scott Warring on UFO Sightings Daily, and he does have a strange habit and rather alarming fetish for 'creatures on mars'.....

With that in mind however, it DOES look like an Iguana...even has eyes.....however it's not alive in the 'moment' by the looks of it, but more than likely fossilised. To claim it's merely a rock is shallow.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

not even the slugs had time to get away , such a shame

slowturnedBox

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken you sly fox, youse done it again. This rock with perfect shadowing to make it seem like a slinking lizard can stand next to Hugo on any mantelpiece. I want one!

The most realistic thing about this one is how it's raised off the ground exactly as a lizard would be, there is even airspace under the tail.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's ALF!! Posing in a bikini!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Arken

funbox
reply to post by Arken

maybe we will eventually find the medusa that is petrifying all these animals and turning them into rocks, did you find the sarcophagus yet Arken ? funbox

Rocks.

Sorry. I guess if you look at them from the right angle, and squint, they look a little like people. Nice find, but try again.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Arken, I love your enthusiasm on this subject, keep it up bro, something will come good in the end. I hope it's you that finds the Holy Grail.........

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Excuse me sir... Are you saying the fossilized people from Pompeii are not real because then my good man ... youre ignorant. I dont make any claims to the ones on mars but Pyroclastics are as real as you or me... well me anyway

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Arken

funbox
reply to post by Arken

Medusa you say?

You can call them Pyroclastic Flow or "Surge" en.wikipedia.org... and "Lahar" en.wikipedia.org...

Something like this...

Do you know Pompei in Italy?

Well, it's your best rock that looks a bit like something else yet.

You do realise though, that those Pompeii pics you posted are plaster-casts? The bodies of the dead rotted away to nothing under all of the ash etc, then archaeologists filled the cavities with plaster to produce what you see in the picture.

Perhaps Hugo and the Dolphig have a new hobby?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Iqarus

Excuse me sir... Are you saying the fossilized people from Pompeii are not real because then my good man ... youre ignorant. I dont make any claims to the ones on mars but Pyroclastics are as real as you or me... well me anyway

Er, yeah. That's humour. Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Heck, can I have things both ways?

Yep, it looks like a rock; Yup, it looks like an iguana.

Let me ask a question, if an iguana was covered in ash or mud and died that way (see the pics of Pompei victims), would the iguana look like a rock?

IMHO, I really cannot see what the argument is about (until more pics come in of the object of interest) - like many Mars' objects, it looks like it has been long covered by mud and a form of petrification has taken place.

Cool find.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hello Arken !

Here are DISCS ! Discs ? Pro-rocks may disclike this music !?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Iqarus

Ha! Glad to draw you out into posting (I see you've been lurking since February), and giving you your first star - of many I hope. Welcome to ATS. I will explain though. It was a joke, and the joke is that the most used word on these Mars creature threads is "Rocks". I saw a chance to use it in a stupid sophmoric satiric way, and took it!
edit on 6-11-2013 by Aleister because: one word, word

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

davethebear
Arken, I love your enthusiasm on this subject, keep it up bro, something will come good in the end. I hope it's you that finds the Holy Grail.........

Thx.

But No. Not me...
Indian's...Mangalyaan may be.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
In my opinion it looks like two things:

A. a rock
B. a stuffed animal toy, maybe a dog.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Aleister

Arken

funbox
reply to post by Arken

Rocks.

Sorry. I guess if you look at them from the right angle, and squint, they look a little like people. Nice find, but try again.

Exactly. Some seconds before the Surge, these "rocks" were living humans.

Thx for your fine sense of humor Aleister. Always appreciate!

edit on 6-11-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join