It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsa Is Pointless Hassle: Converstation With Airport Eomployee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ragnarokkr

So basically a national criminal history check, a local agency check, and residence inquiries. A USPS SACI includes national and local law enforcement checks (though I'm not sure if the scope is comparable), the Security/Suitability Investigation Index, the Defense Central Investigation Index, military personnel records, and inquiries to five years worth of employers. It doesn't have the residence inquiries.

On balance, I'd say the OP's friend is correct and the USPS does a more thorough investigation. The DCII and military records can have records of criminal conduct that never makes it into the FBI's hands, and it is my impression that employers are usually a better source than neighbors (though neighbors sometimes spill some really juicy gossip).

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

I never said these background checks were better then the USPS one I did say It was extensive, as I thought they were. I've never been employed at place that required this much information, I guess I was mistaken.

Your reply jogged my memory a bit they do ask for military information also along with 10 job history, as for the local law enforcement I'm not sure if that's included when they are looking for warrants or not. They also ask for passport information ( I know a few people have said they'd been interviewed about their travel history, but these were talked about in passing and not by my closer friends ) Of course these are what I know they check for, as for the other things I can't be sure cause I don't conduct the background checks, so I don't know all the tests they check. I know the customs and border control is a extra security clearance. I know they check different things, because at one time my employer didn't require the custom badge, unless you actually worked on the international flights, but when they made it a requirement for all employees, some people that had passed the background checks failed the customs check and got fired. (But I have no idea if the OP's friend job description requires a customs badge unless of course they work international I it would be required)

And to the OP I just noticed you said your friend was working at MSP, the airport i work at started using these badge/palm readers about 3 years ago I'm not sure if these are making it across all major airports or just the one I work at.

I read up on the FAA required checks and I did notice that the FAA doesn't require employees to be checked every two years, just at employment. So I'm thinking its an airline requirement or a airports requirement. So I can't remember if you said your friend was background checked once and no more, if that's the case I do believe that, I wasn't aware of that until I read the information.

Does your friend work for an airline or is she a airport worker?
edit on 15-11-2013 by Ragnarokkr because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2013 by Ragnarokkr because: wording

edit on 15-11-2013 by Ragnarokkr because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join