It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sections Of Rand Paul’s Op-Ed On Drug Sentencing Plagiarized From Article Week Earlier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Kali74
reply to post by greencmp

As Obama was outspoken against the cronyism of corporations and politicians? What good do words do if you don't back them up?

So far, they haven't blatantly lied or completely reversed their positions ( I suppose that is somewhat debatable). Also, neither has the power of the executive branch so they aren't exactly comparable.
edit on 6-11-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

They were good points and should have been attributed to the original author.

It's theft pure and simple if not attributed.

If attributed, it's a complement to the original author.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah, Senator Obama sounded much, much different than President Obama. Cruz spits on the Constitution nearly everytime he speaks and desires nothing less than a Christian Theocracy.
edit on KpmWednesday5574 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

FyreByrd
reply to post by gladtobehere

They were good points and should have been attributed to the original author.

It's theft pure and simple if not attributed.

If attributed, it's a complement to the original author.

Yes, and it should have been a no-brainer to do that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Kali74

Yeah, Senator Obama sounded much, much different than President Obama. Cruz spits on the Constitution nearly everytime he speaks and desires nothing less than a Christian Theocracy.
edit on KpmWednesday5574 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Huh? Maybe I haven't heard every speech he has made but, you make him sound like Pat Robertson.

To defend Christian (or pseudo-Christian) culture against attack from legislation is not theocratic and is entirely consistent with our freedom to assemble and hold whatever religious beliefs we choose.

What makes you think he would allow or encourage biblical edicts to direct our public policy?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The way I look at it. We don't elect people to write books, articles, to give speeches. This is extracurricular activity. Might give some insight into character though, if he was actually the one that wrote it. Ghostwriters is the norm these days, hire others to make you look smarter than you are, or make yourself look good in your voter bases eyes.

You just don't get it at all.

It does reflect on his character. He has, or has hired a speech writer, that believes it's okay to steal another's work.

It reflects on his level of integrity and reflects an intellectual laziness that is appaling.

It's a reflection on our society's acceptance that cheating, lying, and stealing are OKAY as long as you aren't caught.

What happened to "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game".

Public Figures have a responsibility, any person in authority to lead by example and the example of this man, I don't want any person to learn from.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

He is a Dominionist and that is exactly their goal, they don't hide it... to tear down the US government and make it a theocracy.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Kali74

He is a Dominionist and that is exactly their goal, they don't hide it... to tear down the US government and make it a theocracy.

He has hidden it from me completely, I don't see it at all.

I am open to revising my position but, I would need some examples in order to give up on what appears to be the last handful of constitutional republicans.
edit on 6-11-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

burntheships
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just to clarify, in no way am I overlooking the accusations at hand,
however what I am saying is that the only reason any one ( Maddow of all people)

AND...the Editor of Forbes, the Heritage Foundation, the conservative Washington Post that up until the Plagiarism was outed gladly ran Rand's pieces weekly...etc.

You do know this is not just Rachel Maddow? Or is that simply the most convenient target for what Rand originally attempted to dismiss as "Partisan Hacks" when he was found to be stealing peoples work?

burntheships
Now the rest of my post is directed to those who are babbling left right carp.

That is a relief!...for a moment there I thought you were going to try partisan sniping and derail the thread with some unrelated topic in hopes of avoiding the actual OP!

burntheships
Since when did it become a cause of the left to embrace the mass drone killings carried out by Barack Hussein ??? The current POTUS

Oh....scratch that!
edit on 6-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

burntheships
Where are the threads on Joe Biden?

I don't know...Maybe check the "Wayback Machine" for 25 years ago when Biden WITHDREW from an election due to the Plagiarism that he owned up to?

In the Meanwhile RAND is the topic.

Dad:
Tommy...Why did you steal that 20 bill from my wallet?

Tommy:
Well, Billy down the street stole money from his dad last summer...so it's OK.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

FyreByrd

It's a reflection on our society's acceptance that cheating, lying, and stealing are OKAY as long as you aren't caught.

What happened to "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game".

Not unlike Barack, who promised folks could keep the healthcare plan they
had, when he knew he was presenting a falsehood.

Not unlike his sitting Vice President who has also been caught
doing the very same, I guess its not a big deal when the Obama Biden team does it?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Indigo5

burntheships

I don't know...Maybe check the "Wayback Machine" for 25 years ago when Biden WITHDREW from an election due to the Plagiarism that he owned up to?

Well, lol Biden is a sitting Vice President, so I guess it is ok to lead
once you have plagerized? In that case, Rand has a huge political carreer
ahead, right? If its ok now for Biden, it will be ok for Rand too?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

burntheships

Indigo5

burntheships

Well, lol Biden is a sitting Vice President, so I guess it is ok to lead
once you have plagerized? In that case, Rand has a huge political carreer
ahead, right? If its ok now for Biden, it will be ok for Rand too?

Correct. So if Rand owns-up to his mind-numbingly blatant, cut and paste, plagiarism...which he has refused to do, then yes he can be considered for the #2 slot 20 years from now.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

But...But...Joe Biden did it 25 years ago!

Waiting for a defense that has more substance than what a kindergartener would employ.

Tu Quoque Fallacy

Explanation

The tu quoque fallacy is committed when it is assumed that because someone else has done a thing there is nothing wrong with doing it.

This fallacy is classically committed by children who, when told off, respond with “So and so did it too”, with the implied conclusion that there is nothing wrong with doing whatever it is that they have done.

This is a fallacy because it could be that both children are in the wrong, and because, as we were all taught, two wrongs don’t make a right.

www.logicalfallacies.info...
edit on 6-11-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Indigo5
Correct. So if Rand owns-up to his mind-numbingly blatant, cut and paste, plagiarism...which he has refused to do

I guess you will be getting over it, just as everyone did with Biden.
abcnews.go.com...

In the mean time, the haters and hacks will always be around,
playing hypocrite games. Enjoy ~

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

burntheships

Indigo5
Correct. So if Rand owns-up to his mind-numbingly blatant, cut and paste, plagiarism...which he has refused to do

I guess you will be getting over it, just as everyone did with Biden.
abcnews.go.com...

In the mean time, the haters and hacks will always be around,
playing hypocrite games. Enjoy ~

It took Biden twenty years to rehabilitate his political career with respect to his plagiarism scandal in order to run for national office again. I'm all for holding Randy Paul to the same standard as Biden. Let's see him consider throwing his hat into the ring for POTUS in 2036. Until then, he needs to show the American people that he has learned from his experience. So far his tactic of blaming the media for his own literary crimes is not showing that he has learned anything or has any sense of honor.

He is a word thief and he is a liar and a denier. If he was man enough, he would just admit that he made NUMEROUS mistakes and apologize for them and make sure they never happen again. But instead he is blaming others for pointing out his misdeeds and then acting very petulently by suggesting that if it were legal, he would challenge his critics to a duel. What a big lying baby. Baby needs a nap too.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Obvious his staff is lazy because he doesn't write these things.

However, I still waiting for Obama to give credit for stealing "Hope of Change" from Fidel Castro.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I do get it actually. Name one person that has hired a bunch of people, that hasn't hired any morons. Especially for something like ghost writing articles, not exactly a top priority I am sure. Or at least I would hope that wouldn't be a top priority.... He has got other things to worry about, like doing the job he was elected to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Well hell, I'm gonna get me some Plagiarism too.

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;

I don't need a reason to free anyone nor to keep their freedom intact. All I have to know is we weren't meant to be chained up or caged like beasts over petty bs and some buttholes overt and hostile moral standards or prosecution records. So people say it outright; mandatory minimums are CRAP and Government infringements into the personal lives of the people are un-wanted, un-welcomed and contrary to the wholesome good that is the very God given fruit of Life and Liberty.

Need more?
"The law has been used to destroy its own objective: It has been applied to annihilating the justice that it was supposed to maintain; to limiting and destroying rights which its real purpose was to respect."

Outright, first amendment speech. Suck on it. Ignore it, write it down, screenshot it, whine about it, cry about it, yell...delete it... I don't really give a #. Sick of all this panzyism. Oh don't hurt my widdle feewings, ohh don't copypasta my wussified articles wahhh. Get over yourself.

God Bless Texas

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TKDRL

This is the second issue this week where it's so clearly wrong, it vibrates...it's absolutely proven when it's caught red handed ..and it's not supposed to matter?? Why?? Is that because someone on "our side" did it? Someone I think we all had high hopes and great wishes for?

I hate that he's been busted like this ...but if this isn't supposed to matter and we're supposed to blow this off?

Well, then fair is fair and Obama should never have his chops busted on a technical issue of law or procedure himself. It can't work both ways. Technical legal issues matter ...or they don't. Plagiarism ...just ONE instance of it...can and does END an academic career. This can happen even and perhaps especially into Graduate level programs.

It doesn't matter of I liked Rand Paul or not. He doesn't rate any special exceptions and I'll be darned if HIS misconduct should mean Obama gets a free ride on HIS misconduct ..which again, he MUST if we start giving out exceptions like some give out waivers.

edit on 6-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

This isn't serious is it?
Obozo DOES get free rides. A few....
Benghazi
Fast and Furious
General Firings
Syria
Lybia
Egypt
Obozo care
Solyndra.... and on and on and on.....

So in the grand scheme of things I'll take the plagiarizer who will stand up to the federal reserve and you can take the murdering and treasonous banking prostitute, that apparently never gets away with anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join