It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we more than one being?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I have read reincarnation past-life researchers that say we are more than one being. They say that we manifest often, but not always, as more than one being at the same time, time being a questionable concept. Eventually reuniting all of our so-called beings is a necessary goal in our progress towards oneness.

Are you one being? Is it possible that YOU are only a part of a greater you?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

You = We..

Your body and yourself is made up of millions of tiny systems and creatures...

Without them you couldn't live...

We might serve a similar function for a Universally Large Being....

edit on 6-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

droid56
I have read reincarnation past-life researchers that say we are more than one being. They say that we manifest often, but not always, as more than one being at the same time, time being a questionable concept. Eventually reuniting all of our so-called beings is a necessary goal in our progress towards oneness.

If I were looking for something to believe, that idea would very high on my list.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I have often wondered the same thing. Are we conduit's for multiple personalities of our own selfs.
Each personality exist in seprate dimensions from one another and are near exact copy's of one another. Mutli-inter-dimensional beings sort of lol. Every copy of ourself in the dimensional universe's send thoughts and emotions to the one spirit

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I 've read about the same concept, described thusly:

If you push a fork through a piece of bread, all you see are four separate prongs sticking out; on that side of the bread, you wouldn't know that the prongs are all conjoined to the fork underneath.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Allow me to place my own opinion here:

Let us start on a lower plane of existence. Your cells are individual organisms that share information among themselves. They aren't nessicarily "aware" that the massive amount of them actually make up one thing, like an organ, and they are incapable of sharing information with the organism they create.

Lets go from cells to organs, just for simplicities sake. Your organs share information between each other, just like the cells, however the organs could be considered "aware" of the cells and make sure they are doing their proper jobs. Unfortunately, the organs cannot share information with a human being the same way your stomach shares the information with your intestines to digest food.

Taking another step higher, you have an entire human being. This is event horizon as we know it.
Cells create organs, organs create humans.

The ultimate point here is this: the higher plane is aware of the ones below it, an entire human is aware of its organs and can, to an extend, have control over the organs. For example you can hold your breath and prevent your lungs from working.

Organs can control the cells they are made of to carry out their specified tasks.

It would seem only logical to myself that there is a plane of "existing" about entire human, as there is below a cell. Humans as a whole make up consciousness, we can share information with it to an extent, but ultimately consciousness gives directions to the body the same way organs give directions to the cells.

This is multi-dimensional existence, you are cells, you are a system of organs, you are a human being and "you" are a fraction of consciousness. You exist in multiple dimensions simultaneously even though you are not consciously aware of every level of existence.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by droid56

You = We..

Your body and yourself is made up of millions of tiny systems and creatures...

Without them you couldn't live...

We might serve a similar function for a Universally Large Being....

edit on 6-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

We are definitely on the same page here, you could go infinitely small or large using human awareness as the event horizon.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

droid56

---Adam is the Stamp of the Clay...If you want to understand this, you must read the quotes below, then go to my thread on the topic of the Son of God. The Link for it is in this thread, which is also necessary to read. DNA for Dummies...

Adam Kadmon. The refinement of the Spirit (Raising the Lamb) is a process called Involution and Evolution. In biblical terms, this is baptism and rising to new life.

1 Corinthians 10

16 Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? 17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

Colossians 1

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

1 Corinthians 12

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[c] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

---The Last Adam starts the process over again as Involution and Evolution culminates by the last Day, The Day of the Lord. We are currently at the event horizon of this happening.

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.

edit on 6-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Great concept. If you examine the above and below nature of the universe, you find that humans are the center of the universe by size. We are smack dab in the middle. The macrocosm is there to support us and the microcosm is there to produce us from below. We are the focal-point of all that is made.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

droid56

The idea of a "greater you" reflects (I think) the Hindu concept of the Atman--the presence of Brahman in human beings--the true "Self". In this sense there is only One (Brahman), manifested in an infinite variety of forms (we human beings, among other things). But there is only one Source, so in a way we are all manifestations of (avatars of) the divine. We are all that same One thing.

The example above of the fork through the piece of bread is a great analogy.
edit on 11/6/13 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

EnochWasRight
reply to post by Vortiki

Great concept. If you examine the above and below nature of the universe, you find that humans are the center of the universe by size. We are smack dab in the middle. The macrocosm is there to support us and the microcosm is there to produce us from below. We are the focal-point of all that is made.

I wouldn't necessarily say we are the center by size. I do believe, however, that we are the event horizon as far as our awareness/observation is concerned. As humans with consciousness, we are capable of observing infinitely smaller than ourselves as well as infinitely larger than ourselves.

Wherein a cell isn't aware of the solar system, but as humans with consciousness we are able to at least "consider" a higher plane as well as look back to the lower planes and identify them.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
being,,being,,what exactly?,
being i dont understand.
being me its understandable,,not
being, mean.
being me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

droid56

Sounds like demonic possession where multiple spirits occupy a single body.

In MK Ultra the many beings would be whats called 'alters'.

i was once 3 spirits. In 2006 i prayed and Yahushua banished 2 of them. The problem now is that the 3rd and stronger one was awakened and is as black as the Ace of Spades.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Vortiki

EnochWasRight
reply to post by Vortiki

I wouldn't necessarily say we are the center by size. I do believe, however, that we are the event horizon as far as our awareness/observation is concerned. As humans with consciousness, we are capable of observing infinitely smaller than ourselves as well as infinitely larger than ourselves.

Wherein a cell isn't aware of the solar system, but as humans with consciousness we are able to at least "consider" a higher plane as well as look back to the lower planes and identify them.

I thought the same thing until I saw this tool: Size of the Universe Tool.

By size, we are the midpoint between small and large scale items in our reality. From the Planck Length (10 to the 35th power) to the outermost limit of 10 to the 29th power, we are basically in the middle.

edit on 6-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

There was an internet short story that not only were we more than one being but the same soul had their memory erased before starting the next life and was blessed/doomed to live all humanities lives be it rich, poor, woman, man friend, enemy if you harmed another you would eventually be on the receiving end of the harm.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Oh yeah. Like AbleEndangered said.

We are our own unique collective of billions, and one small part of another (at least one) larger collective. Interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There is No Time, so I'd have to say, yes. We're infinite places all at once.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

droid56

The first thing that comes to mind is the obvious concept of the ego and higher self. Surely that counts as two beings since they appear to work against each other.

However, I think that your post is about something more extraordinary. What are we doing at any moment in time ?(ignoring the relative aspect of time) and how many of us are there.

If I read your post correctly, you are referring to many beings under the rulership of the same individual soul. This is a very interesting idea. It would be a great way of maximising experience.

It may well be a case that not only does the Self stretch across many dimensions, it may also assigns different personalities at different levels and locations.

I have never come across this idea before but I like it. It is a bit like multiple personality. Would be very useful in problem-solving. It would be like putting a dozen minds together to figure out a solution to a problem. May be we use this faculty already. Whenever I resolve a complex problem (for example, when java programming) I certainly seem to be dividing my mind into half a dozen unconnected parts which all work on a different project and report back to put the pieces together. If the mind can do it there is no reason why we could not be physically present in many locations at the same time . I will ponder on that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

droid56

You bet we are... only most don't come to this realization

Body and spirit occupying one space...

When our body fails we return home... And sometimes more then not, we return to this place as well...

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i read this thread the other night and aimed to expand on it as it is something i have considered in the past.

I especially like this desription:

CJCrawley
I 've read about the same concept, described thusly:

If you push a fork through a piece of bread, all you see are four separate prongs sticking out; on that side of the bread, you wouldn't know that the prongs are all conjoined to the fork underneath.

an unexplained event turned my thoughts into their own thread, which can be found here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but in short, yes, i think it is not only plausible but likely that our greater consiousness is experiencing multiple physical realties simultaneously, possibly in multiple universes/realities with entirely different environmental constructs. I also believe that it is possible for us to experience glitches in this system from time to time, given that we are present in the exact right moment of a slip-up.

This could potentially help to offer an alternative for seemingly "paranormal" activites.

new topics

top topics

join