It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

De Blasio wins New York mayor's race: Democrat McAuliffe narrowly wins Virginia governor's race

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Riffrafter

Kangaruex4Ewe
reply to post by Spider879

I am no fan of Cuccinelli either. Neither of the main runners would have been a good choice IMO. There were other options. It isn't just red/blue and we keep getting nowhere because people keep going with red/blue.

What is the definition of insanity???

Keep doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results? Yep. That's what this was. Insanity from all sides.

edit on 11/6/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

I'm currently spending some time in VA for work/research & visiting with family. The area of VA that I'm in is more red than blue. Having spent some time with people here over the last few weeks I got the distinct sense that although their naturally tendency is conservative GOP, they thought Cuccinelli was a little too nutty even for them.

The guy that really had a chance was the 3rd party candidate (Libertarian). All he had to do to win was run on a platform of "I'm not as radically nutty as the other 2 candidates". The common sense candidate.

Instead, all he did was hand the race to McAuliffe.

As far as the definition of insanity - you have just very neatly summed up the US political system.

Never heard of the guy you mentioned maybe he was a good person but a sucky campaigner perhaps he learned a thing or two this time around.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
Prediction: A massive exodus of major wealth (heavy taxpayers) from the state of new york to conservative states causing lost jobs and revenue for the tax and spend libs. They will run out of other people's money and cry foul due to the fact that they way overspent on the non producers whom they get their votes. Plain simple economics, as people with money hire and buy things creating a cycle of money and jobs. Do not buy this? Just look at detroit, and soon other cities that have used the tax and spend program. The ones with the money get the heck out, and eventually your tax and jobs base is gone, and whom is left to keep the city going forward? Are they going to generate tax revenue and jobs? I see an increase in property values outside of the city, and jobs evaporating before your very eyes........

Not gonna happen NYC is too much of a diamond Texas is able but they ain't ready and California is on the up-swing after getting rid of the Governator..but give Blaiso a chance see what fall out of the tree when he shake it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

the " close" election in Virginia is text book voter fraud

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the country and especially Virginia is narrowly divided, and that neither candidate was apparently well liked.

It was done for Obama in 2012, maybe even in 2008.

Even though republicans own the voting machine companies? Nice try.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

It was a great night for Democrats and a very telling sign for the Republicans.

Next years elections will be interesting...I really think Republicans are in for a huge shock (again) when they find out that the country really does view them as the nut jobs that everyone has been saying they are.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

jjkenobi
Everyone knows the reason Virginia has a Democratic governor is because conservatives and independents split their vote between the Republican and Libertarian. I'd hardly call that a major victory. It's even more sad when you know the Democrats funded and pushed the Libertarian to achieve this result.

As for New York it's a shock anytime they elect a Republican so again, hardly a "major" victory.

Actually NYC is heavily Democratic something like 6 to 1 but they vote for whoever they think will do a better job and not necessarily along party lines remember this is the 1st time in 20yrs they voted in a Dem for Mayor..New Yorkers are funny like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

What will be interesting is how this Country will be run with a 100% Democratic rule.

I'm sure all of our woes will be the Republicans fault, though!

Ahhhh, good times ahead!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

BritofTexas

It's the beginning of the end for the Tea Party Taliban.

Even the Chamber of Commerce is putting up money against them.

Next year is going to be interesting. We'll no doubt see Boehner cry again. It may be time to buy shares in Kleenex.

We will see. The Virginia race was abandoned by Christie and the Mainstream GOP at the start of October, and an Obama Bundler was funding the Libertarian candidate and he Still finished down only 3.5 points. To me that still says the message resonates. Screw the GOP if they can't support their own candidates. Just let the Democrats runs things totally and screw it up even more. It won't take long the way we have been heading.

The GOP is going to have a schism. We have tried electing Mainstream GOP Presidential candidates the last two times, how has that done????

The Tea Party has never fit in with the mainstream GOP. Probably time to just cut ties. It's been an odd pairing from the start.

Maybe it really time for a Third Option.

October 11, 2013
In U.S., Perceived Need for Third Party Reaches New High

edit on 6-11-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Spider879

jjkenobi
Everyone knows the reason Virginia has a Democratic governor is because conservatives and independents split their vote between the Republican and Libertarian. I'd hardly call that a major victory. It's even more sad when you know the Democrats funded and pushed the Libertarian to achieve this result.

As for New York it's a shock anytime they elect a Republican so again, hardly a "major" victory.

Actually NYC is heavily Democratic something like 6 to 1 but they vote for whoever they think will do a better job and not necessarily along party lines remember this is the 1st time in 20yrs they voted in a Dem for Mayor..New Yorkers are funny like that.

Yeah..... Bloomberg buying his elections with his money didn't have anything to do with it......... Not like he is a Republican anyway. In name only.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

pavil
The GOP is going to have a schism. We have tried electing Mainstream GOP Presidential candidates the last two times, how has that done????

Those "mainstream" candidates had to play to the Rabid Right in the primaries and then rush to the centre for the election.

McCain was/is a war hawk and hobbled by having Palin forced on him.

Romney was seen as the Wall Street candidate and his VP pick looked like a Deer caught in the headlights every time he was asked a question on camera.

If you ran Jon Huntsman in 2012 you would have won.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Democrat Terry McAuliffe has narrowly defeated Republican Ken Cuccinelli in the closely watched Virginia's governor race on Tuesday, NBC and CBS television said.

McAiliffe roused the latino votes which may have squeaked him over the top.
WaPo...

I wonder how many of them were illegal? Virginia has no requirements that a person voting prove they are even US citizens. Virginia current law allows for the minimum documents to vote:

Current utility bill
    Bank statement
    Government check or paycheck indicating name and address of the voter

Virginia Voting Requirements

Virginia deserves what it voted for. I wonder how much money McAuliffe is going to parley his upcoming "insider knowledge" into. After Global Crossing and all.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

BritofTexas

Those "mainstream" candidates had to play to the Rabid Right in the primaries and then rush to the centre for the election.

McCain was/is a war hawk and hobbled by having Palin forced on him.

Romney was seen as the Wall Street candidate and his VP pick looked like a Deer caught in the headlights every time he was asked a question on camera.

If you ran Jon Huntsman in 2012 you would have won.

Ahhhh election advice from the other side......I'm sure you have the Republicans best Election interests at heart, right?

Sorry, I have little time the for the GOP anymore. Both Parties have done SUCH a good job with our economy these last 15 or so years. Why would anyone what to change?

Might as well just let the inmates keep ruling the asylum, they are so good at it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Bassago
McAiliffe roused the latino votes which may have squeaked him over the top.

I wonder how many of them were illegal?

That's the cause of a Rabid Right Nutcase not being able to win against someone who is disliked by his own party is it?........Voter fraud!

You can't make this up!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Dems tax heavy and spend heavy, just a fact, People with lots of money to take will take it somewhere else where the government is more business friendly. Certainly you do not think taxes will stay the same or lower, do you? History has proven imbalance after libs take the reigns, and wonder who will be the target for the funding? You want to keep rich people in your area, they buy things, create jobs and will help grow and stabilize your economy. I am not so lucky, I must work everyday to go forward, but a poor man never gave me a job or anything but an open hand. Some may buy the BS, some may not, but evidently any moron can vote........

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

Dems tax heavy and spend heavy, just a fact, People with lots of money to take will take it somewhere else where the government is more business friendly. Certainly you do not think taxes will stay the same or lower, do you? History has proven imbalance after libs take the reigns, and wonder who will be the target for the funding? You want to keep rich people in your area, they buy things, create jobs and will help grow and stabilize your economy. I am not so lucky, I must work everyday to go forward, but a poor man never gave me a job or anything but an open hand. Some may buy the BS, some may not, but evidently any moron can vote........

Yes and Reps Tax nothing but the middle class letting them pick-up the slack or have the infrastructure fail, today's Reps are not the ones to talk about fiscal responsibility those Reps are long gone the new guys they start wars they do want to pay for fund military projects even the military don't want,if you look at most Red states they are the ones behind in almost every thing,I'll admit that Libs left unchecked will create a nanny state but Cons will create a fearful Hunger Games like society if left to their own devises , see we are supposed balance out each other but you guys went full CRAZY!! on us so nothing works dump those guys and get back to being a viable opposition.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Sounds like the Tea Party is in trouble. If they can't win in VA no matter how much money the other guy spent....they are in trouble. Looks like it will be an interesting 2 years for the Republicans. Will they kick these Tea Party nutcases out or will they let them sink the ship?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

ltheghost

Sounds like the Tea Party is in trouble. If they can't win in VA no matter how much money the other guy spent....they are in trouble. Looks like it will be an interesting 2 years for the Republicans. Will they kick these Tea Party nutcases out or will they let them sink the ship?

Exactly! and mind you they are hijacked by the Koch Brother's money to toe the line on certain issues, you hardly ever hear them talk about getting money of politics.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Spider879
see we are supposed balance out each other but you guys went full CRAZY!! on us so nothing works dump those guys and get back to being a viable opposition.

Where exactly was that balance in the whole ACA debate???
Hmmmm..... Maybe the President will have some words of advice on how to work together:

Ummmm... NM

Takes two to tango......

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ltheghost

I don't think the results indicate the Tea Party is in Trouble.

Virginia went 51% to 47% to President Obama last election.

Governor Race Went 48% Democrat to 45.5% Republican with 6.6% Libertarian, who was primarily funded by a Obama Bundler in Texas. Add on top of that the National GOP machine stop supporting in Early October and the result actually looks better than you would have predicted two weeks prior.

I don't think the GOP will kick the Tea Party out, they will leave on their own. The GOP establishment never gives the support to a Tea Party candidate that they do to a mainstream GOP candidate. Granted some Tea Party candidates have been less than stellar, but they don't get the support they deserve as Republican Candidates by the the RNC.

If they had kept supporting in Virginia, instead of bailing in early October, I bet an upset would have happened.
You can crow all you want about the VA race, but in Mid October McAuliffe had a 10.2% lead in the Polls, then Pfft, it vanished. The Democratic Party Supported their Candidate, I'll give them that, can't say the GOP supported Cuccinelli with nearly the same amount of vigor.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Yes you are right, but follow the money trail, yes NJ have strict laws when comes to money funding but guess what that doesn't stop the candidates to be able to still get their money.

Follow Christi money trail and donors it may surprise you.

After all he is been considering to run for presidential candidate, the irony.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

jjkenobi

Yeppers and Ron Paul stupped for the Republican. Payback is a b*t*h.

Childish - isn't it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join