It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Loan Debt Owed to Federal Government Up 463% Under Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Cause that will end well

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

so most folks have been feed a hefty serving of rainbows and unicorns and have racked up huge education debts only to find that their desired majors are not wanted or needed in the workforce. So boo-hoo grow up and pay your debts.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
reply to post by xuenchen

Student loan balances in Jan 2009 were $119,803,000,000.

Now that balance is a whopping $674,580,000,000.

Holy cow!!!

As you stated, if they are being educated and able to find a job, that's wonderful.

However, if all it is doing is causing these young folks to start life off in debt with no decent job to look forward too, well that's not very promising at all.

Something they didn't learn........how to repay a loan.

Under Obama, 7 million on SSI when he took office, now 11.1 million on SSI. Yes, the USA is a welfare country.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpintology

Lesson to be learned here people. Never, ever, under any circumstances, take out a student loan.

Oh yeah, excellent advice! So I guess when my wife now was in college and not working we were supposed to pay over $120,000 to college while she attended....If that isn't the dumbest piece of advice I have ever heard I don't know what is....

People that want a real career or in my wife's case a doctorate, you need to take out a loan to pay for schooling....Now she has an excellent career as a physical therapist and we pay our stupidly crazy student loan bill each month....Within the next 15 years or so we will have it paid off, if you go to school and KNOW what you want to do, that's when it is fine to pay whatever it takes....Don't go to school to just go, actually sit down and figure out what you want to do...But back to the original point, you absolutely have to have student loans unless you are born into money, you just have to shop around and we were able to re-finance them all after school to a lower interest rate all in one loan, you just have to do your homework on what works best for your situation and take the time to look into it all...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Just a point to make,

If either party to a contract knows upfront that terms cannot be met then executing it constitutes fraud.

Getting that upheld is a whole nother matter but if it was it would cure a lot of ills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join