It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancestry/DNA Memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I find genetic/ancestral memory/epigenetics to be extremely interesting and it makes quite a bit of sense- in my opinion. I would like to know what your all's thoughts/theories/views and personal experiences perhaps are on it.

Research into the nature of DNA has revealed that this material within each cell of our bodies has important implications for who each one of us is, on many levels.

In addition to determining our physical characteristics, our vulnerabilities to certain diseases, and maybe even our personality, is it possible that the DNA helix holds some of the important memories of our ancestors?

Theories that suggest that we can tap into the deep nature of DNA to uncover ancient memories are not new. In the 1960s, some psychological researchers claimed that there may be keys that unlock our DNA, revealing experiences of generations of our relatives who lived long before our present time.

Our IQ and aptitudes, musical skills, athletic ability, even our psychological and emotional traits may be significantly affected by the DNA within us.

It has been demonstrated that experiences necessary for survival of a species are learned and that this knowledge is passed on to subsequent generations. In some cases this is mostly likely at least partially through DNA and the unconscious “instinct” that results. Even tiny and simple organisms learn crucial survival skills and pass these on.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Ron Hubbard and people who worked with his early organizations explored this field in the 1950s, and discovered that running "past lives" as animals, fish, and birds, and even one-celled organisms, made big changes in the lives of the people that did so. Genetic memory plays a part in fixing what ails us.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

When I was 5, I told my mother a first hand wittness account of a car accident were both my parents and I, left the road and were suspend half and half over a Cliff. Teetering back and forth. I discussed how I was on the backseat screaming and how a passing truck pulled us back up.

To my mother shock, she claims I was not even born when, that accident happened. I also recall watching news bulletins of wars. I remember the portable black and white television and table it was on as my mother kept both until my teens. However these wars were definitely before I was born. I also had the ability to see memories, seen through my grandfathers eyes.My God,he did some terrible things. I am able to read through my ancestors like a open book.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

That's interesting!

top topics

join