It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The complexity of being God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The bible tells us God created man in his image. Esoteric science tell us the same thing but using different jargon. Therefore , please forgive me if I play God in this article . After all I am an extension of the almighty just as we all are. So I am as good a spokesman as anyone else.

I was recently thinking about all the cruelty around the world. How could God be kind and loving and yet cause so much sadness to everyone? Yes, to everyone. All of us will lose a close relative at some point; some will be subject to a harsh life; others to unbearable pain, some will watch a loved one die , etc. I concluded that God was cruel and that is all.

Now I am taking the notion further. For God , substitute Divine Providence, GAOTU or whatever suits your creed.

Imagine that you are God. There you are , still and in a state of nothingness. You are aware of being unaware. So you decide to step out of yourself in order to see what you look like. Then you split yourself into MINI-MEs (divine sparks) and then create an archetypal model of the world which then generates sub-levels until the full material world is formed. Yes, I know it is the familiar theme from the bible or Qaballah.

Now this is where it gets interesting. Given that you are eternal and can have everything you want, what would you seek for your extended selves (divine sparks, mini-me s). This is where the first dilema arises. Pleasure only exists relative to the opposite state which is Lack and Deprivation. Pleasure is a feature of novelty. If you step on a yacht and sail on the ocean, it is an enjoyable experience. If on the other hand you were born on a yacht and never ever walked on land, there is very little pleasure ,if any, to be gained. In such a case pleasure would only manifest if you stepped onto land. God quickly caught on to the fact that pleasure only exists if there is pain. Therefore he created the two situations for his divine sparks to go through.

Each incarnate soul gets a free will. The catch is that the free will operates at Higher self level (in other words on a subconscious level). At that level, there is full choice of path to take. The higher self has a direct link to the source and directs the lower self (the conscious ego) to situations - good or bad depending what the higher self seeks. The higher self knows everything (even the winning lottery number of a draw yet to happen) but will not reveal it down below

We know the rest of the story. Each divine sparks returns to its source having gathered experience. But it does not stop there. Sooner or later God realises that he himself is a divine spark of a higher God
. As we go up a level we find there are more levels. The inteligence of each level trying to understand what is above.

Some will realise that this is a Qaballistic model which has been over-simplified. Still , I believe it is quite useful to speculate like this. If reinforces the notion that we as individuals can walk with the gods. We already know everything in our world since we created it ourselves. We need to bridge the gap between our Ego and our Self and make the connection. This is the only path to self-realisation which puts us above the tides of circumstances.

edit on 5-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Great work on the writing keep it up! As for me i believe you can get that winning lottery number from your soul, because we are our souls. In our physical bodys we are connected to spirit, which lies in the 5th dimension, the dimension of thought. This is where our consciousness lies, you just have to find enlightenment for yourself and then you will have all the answers!

Have a good day!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Luuke123
Great work on the writing keep it up! As for me i believe you can get that winning lottery number from your soul, because we are our souls. In our physical bodys we are connected to spirit, which lies in the 5th dimension, the dimension of thought. This is where our consciousness lies, you just have to find enlightenment for yourself and then you will have all the answers!

Have a good day!

Thanks for the encouragement. I have just sent a probe to my higher self to get that lottery number

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Beautiful description. Makes a lot of sense too. Very enjoyable read. s&f

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I've always thought this myself. Reminds me of a Bill Hicks thing, the news report of a young man on acid realizing that we are god experiencing itself sub-objectively. There is no death, life is but a dream, we're the imagination of ourselves. Something like that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Great post , mirrors my thoughts in alot of ways, see my links below for similar concepts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep up the good work!
edit on 6-11-2013 by MouldyCrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is a wonderful message you are revealing to many others OP.

Us God people will often make the understanding of ourselves complex. As well as the Esoteric/Occult expansion of how the creation of the Universe has been given. In my own understanding and truth, I feel that the purpose of what the "Source/Creator/All" realizes in all its infinite experiences. Is to accept and appreciate/love that it is Nothing, so here it begins to fill that void with Something. Therefore once that realization has begun come across in all it selves. The Journey begins once again with the birth of Something out of Nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well I believe the Bible is rather clear about someone considering themselves a God.

If I remember correctly, it was quite frowned upon.

Perhaps someone more versed in the Bible could elaborate on that particular passage.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So many people seek enlightenment,

which can be a wonderful thing.

Yet I tell you, the beauty, is in oblivion. to be unaware. swept up in it all.

Feeling with every ounce of your being.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

IntastellaBurst
So many people seek enlightenment,

which can be a wonderful thing.

Yet I tell you, the beauty, is in oblivion. to be unaware. swept up in it all.

Feeling with every ounce of your being.

That would be fullfilling your role as a divine spark and gathering experience without questioning or philosophising.

Still I think that a few of us need to philosophize and question things. Those who do may appear be thwarting the overall plan but I don't think they are. At best it can help enrich experience.

edit on 7-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I'd believe the Sumerian tablets before I believed the Bible as truth!

Can anyone tell me what the word 'God' originally meant? Oh right then therefore only the brainwashed masses give this word meaning. Accept the fact that you like everyone else on this site, are a mere mortal that has nothing but control of the decisions you make, what comes next (after death) is a mystery but over here I can assure you that you're not in control.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Spookybelle
Well I believe the Bible is rather clear about someone considering themselves a God.

If I remember correctly, it was quite frowned upon.

Perhaps someone more versed in the Bible could elaborate on that particular passage.

Firstly he was playing Devils Advocate, and using the phrase "he was god" as a term for easement of speach

Secondly Beautiful beautiful post! it was a wonderful read as it is close to my personal belief.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Great post!

Touches on everything from the Kabbalah (religion) to the teachings of RA/Seth/Michael (metaphysical) to the writings and work of Richard Campbell and his Theory of Everything (science/metaphysics).

All slightly different shades of the same greater truth.

As for me, I've simplified of late and have become very fond of a line from Stephen King's "Dark Tower" work:

"Ka is a wheel..."

And there are wheels within wheels...

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Chakra literally means "wheel".

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Osirisline1

Thanks for your comments and also a big thank you to the rest of you who have responded so far. It is very encouraging to hear from so many people who are able see underlying patterns and truths.

I just hope that my avatar ,which I painted for Halloween, did not offend.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Riffrafter

Chakra literally means "wheel".

I didn't know that - or had forgotten it - thanks.

It also reminded me that I left out a few really good eastern philosophers in my post.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

crowdedskies

Thanks for your comments and also a big thank you to the rest of you who have responded so far. It is very encouraging to hear from so many people who are able see underlying patterns and truths.

You painted that? Wow - that's pretty good.

I'm of the "couldn't draw a stick figure if his life depended on it" tribe...

You should upload a bigger scan of that and post it if you already haven't in another thread/forum. I'm sure there are more than a few that would enjoy seeing it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Riffrafter

crowdedskies

You painted that? Wow - that's pretty good.

I'm of the "couldn't draw a stick figure if his life depended on it" tribe...

You should upload a bigger scan of that and post it if you already haven't in another thread/forum. I'm sure there are more than a few that would enjoy seeing it.

The painting is a touchscreen painting done with the finger and entirely from the imagination. I mention this because , just like the post , the painting was done very quickly. It just goes to show that it is sometimes necessary to work fast because insight is very fleeting.

Touchscreen provide that speed. With oil and brush I could not have achieved the same effect. Similarly, speed in writing and on the keyboard can help capture details of an insight.

As you have requested it , I can send you a version without caption. The cheeky caption was irresistible

edit on 8-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2013 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes - please do!

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

DeadSnow
I'd believe the Sumerian tablets before I believed the Bible as truth!

Can anyone tell me what the word 'God' originally meant? Oh right then therefore only the brainwashed masses give this word meaning. Accept the fact that you like everyone else on this site, are a mere mortal that has nothing but control of the decisions you make, what comes next (after death) is a mystery but over here I can assure you that you're not in control.

This thread in effect is about whether the attributes ascribed to God by man can be reconciled at all.

But the author has not presented to readers what his concept of God is.

The poster of above, Deads, is asking about "what the word 'God' originally meant?"

I propose that we all posting here work together to concur on the concept of God prevailing today among Christians.

What do you folks posting here say?

Pachomius

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join