It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stars I give aren't sticking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have re-read several threads and swore I had starred many of the posts. So I starred them and they filled in the star cavity as usual. However, when I refreshed the page, it appeared that I could star again so I did. After another refresh, another vacant star lot. So I counted the stars and starred again, filling the star void and hit refresh. My stars are not sticking but the flags are. So now, I realize that all the stars I have given in the last couple weeks weren't sticking. What's up?
edit on 5-11-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Darn it, that Dollar Tree super glue failed me again
Must be time to spring for the real thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
and who gives a flyin f bout stars anyway...?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

I notice you have 5,284 of them, so they mean nothing to you. As with others who have stated the stars are worthless, why doesn't ATS get rid of them all together? That way, we'll all be naked in the same boat.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have noticed that if I have already starred a post, but later try to star it again thinking that you have not, it will look as though you give another star......but it does not count.

Does that make sense? Man, I'm tired.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'll be blunt. I don't give a hoot about anyone's opinion of the stars. I just want to know why the system isn't working for me.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I noticed this yesterday and let the mods know. So I believe they're aware of the issue and it will be resolved soon enough.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
I have noticed that if I have already starred a post, but later try to star it again thinking that you have not, it will look as though you give another star......but it does not count.

Does that make sense? Man, I'm tired.

Before, the post had not given the option of starring if it had been previously starred by me. I recently starred a new post with no stars and later hit refresh and no stars on that post (I chose a particularly distasteful post). It isn't working and it's stressing me out since I'd posted a thread and starred the responses and none of them stuck. It appears I'm rude while I am not. I don't appreciate that.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

If there is an issue, there will be a room-full of little mod minions working to figure it out.

And don't worry about appearing to be rude. Most members enjoy the conversation, not the stars.
edit on 5-11-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

StoutBroux

FraternitasSaturni

I notice you have 5,284 of them, so they mean nothing to you. As with others who have stated the stars are worthless, why doesn't ATS get rid of them all together? That way, we'll all be naked in the same boat.

Yea they should... same with flags and all that s#... but they enjoy all that facebook "like" stuff... "oh I like what that guy said - here have a star, or a like or a cookie"... hey... what can I say.

I've been a member since 2005... I'm not here for the stars or flags or likes or cookies even... well ok, sometimes ppl mention beer and bacon and maybe then I can be bent... but still... yea I think they should get rid of anything that resembles a "ranking" or a "rating of posts or topics" of any sort.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Well evidently I can't show my appreciation or admiration of your opinions. That is a heartache to me. Get over yourself.

new topics

top topics

join