It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Horror Stories About Neighbours From Hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I've had a couple neighbors from Hell.

Neighbor #1:
Back when I was a kid in middle school, we had a neighbor that moved in next door. The dad was alright, but the mom was just plain crazy. How she introduced herself was by coming over, and saying our dog pooped in her front yard (We've never let the dog in the front yard - so unless my dog had psychokinesis, it wasn't out dog). Naturally, I had to clean it up.

Then, she convinced her husband to get a dog - one that barked, stayed outside, and in general made it hard for us to play with our dog in the back yard. We also swear that they were trying to compete with us - They had to get a patio after we did, a bigger play structure than we had, etc.

Finally, just before we left, and while on vacation, she came onto our side of the property and tore up our length of the fence separating our yards, because it was, and I quote "too ugly" (Not sure how a stainless steel fence was ugly, but whatever - everyone on the block had them).

We took care of that by purposely letting our dog wander into their property when she was out, and made snide comments about how polite she was - Her husband was so appalled at what she did that he came over and apologized for her - even paid for a new length of fence.

Neighbor #2
At the time, I was living with my Dad in an apartment complex. Well, in the building next door, and on the same floor (I shared a common wall), a guy moved in. He just had to bring with him a lovely stereo, and placed the speakers right next to my common wall. His favorite time to listen to music? 12:00am - 4:00am.

Now, me being a college kid, and needing my sleep - when it would get too loud, I'd bang my fist against the wall - His response? Play it louder. Calling the cops did no good, as he would turn it down until they left (swear he had a buddy in the force, alerting him that they were coming).

After a month of this - I decided to get even, fighting sound with sound that only he & I could hear. I read a study about how in South Korea, they use high-frequency sounds to keep people out of parks at night. Since the guy next door was around my age, and the walls were paper-thin, I downloaded a mosquito ringtone that I could hear perfectly fine - which meant that he could also hear it.

One night, when it was really loud on his end, I placed my speakers along the common wall (right behind where his butt-blaster was located), and cranked on the ringtone - used pillows and clothes to muffle the sound on my end. Within 5 seconds, I heard the radio turn down. Quickly, I turned the volume down on my end. And, when he turned it back up, so did I. My goal was to make it sound like his stereo was causing the problem. I even had my GF call me, so I could complain about the "horrible, screeching noise" coming from the stereo next door. After 2 days of that - no more stereo from him.

While I couldn't take over his speakers as that would be illegal, the ringtone idea worked perfectly, and it didn't disturb any of the other people because they couldn't hear it.

-fossilera

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Well played!

I, myself, had similar stuff with noisy neighbors. Being in apartments and on the top floor....I would do the same with my cerwin-vegas(15inch) and 'blast' some old school rap. The difference was - I would only do that when the law allowed. When they would take their vengeance, usually during quiet hours - the cops would be knocking on their door. ...they moved within 3 months. ...I never stopped after they started the 'battle.' Even stomped when we walked (we as in the fam was tired of their stuff too).

When given a game to play - accept the game and play to win it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Looks like they are trying to use legal means to pester you.

Do the car in reverse with the loud beep beep beep... Just make sure you inform any LOE that your car alarm isn't going off, but your car is in fact, in reverse... Keep the car in reverse and sand bag your tires just in case. Don't leave the car on, except for the battery and sweet beep beep beep sound.

Most areas have no laws against safety devices on vehicles. Just research your areas law to be sure.

Else- a corded table saw kept on isn't against most, if not all, noise laws. Just position some plywood to amplify the sound towards their house.. Check on it every 10 mins for effect (need more tools to finish etc).

Hope the best of luck...I have more 'ideas' but will be against terms of this site...I won't post them.

You can win this!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Dont take #$@%$ from anyone.

Why let someone else affect, or dictate how you live your life.

I just can't do it, ... I have a way of patting someone on the back, looking them in the eye and intimidating the #%$# out of them.

be an Alpha, claim your life.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well I have had my share. I have almost allways lived in apartments. So you get the lound neighbors above you that you say something to and they are rude. Sucks.

There are a few ways to take care of them I will list two but you can expand from there if you like.

1) Calk them inside their house. Just get a calking gun with the calk and just calk the seam to where they open thier door, you get the right one and they cant leave.

2) Lock them inside thier house. Get a clasp and a pad lock, throw away the key. Take wood screws and screw the one half to the door frame and the other to the door. Do it with a screw driver, it will suck but pay off. Lock the pad...same as the calk.

Make sure you buy the materials well away from your house, pay cash and wear gloves!

Then make sure after you get the work done, to throw away the stuff well away from your house.

This could get you arrested, so you do that at your own risk.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I needed a good laugh today.

Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

So wrong, yet I can't help laughing!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This occurred back in the summer time and it was one of the hottest days we had and this plays a point in the story.
We called the most respected tree company to come by and do a trim and thin on all our trees.

4 maples and one very large Oak, and the neighbours trees on both sides of our property that were heavily encroaching and needed a cut back.

The property owner on our one side was very co-operative and quite pleased about this, as you can guess the Neighbour from hell had other plans for us and the tree company.

The trucks show up, one boom truck and another one hauling the brush shredder, 4 guys in total.

They set up the boom truck (extension platform truck) out front and get to work on my good neighbours side.

The two other guys get going out back of our house on our 80/90 foot tall oak tree, now this tree being over 200 feet out back is what they call a climber.

No other way to cut off all the dead wood but to climb up and do it so as I said before this is one hell of a hot day.

All is going like clock work till my friend next door decides that his tree which at the time over hung our property by at least 25 feet did not need a hair cut.

He attempts to discuss this with me and I tried my best to explain that it was purely maintenance and no evil intentions on our part.

I eventually walked away from him and his spittle covered face, and I knew what was going to happen next.

Sure as Heck the guys just got set up out back with a watcher and one 90 feet up in the air and the cops show up.

The boom truck out front had to shut down, the poor guy out back had to climb down knowing he has to go back up in very hot humid weather.

Long story short the 4 tree guys and the 2 cops had to yap off to my friend about how it was all on the up and up.

He would not listen to reason until the cops in their black vests and boots and the tree guys in their hard hats and safety equipment said enough is enough, Its hot and you are wasting our time they told him.

The embarrassing part was a lot of our Neighbours saw the cops here and surely wondered what the hell I did to have a cruiser out front.
So after they tell my friend to take a hike, the come around out back and explain to me that they need my full name and address and date of birth.

He my friend compained and yet I had to comply with their request, anyways after a body cavity search(Kidding)
they told me all was ok and to ignore that idiot next door.

The poor guy who climbed the tree twice was hurting bad at the end of the day. So bad that when he came down the second time after cutting he basically colapsed in the shade.

It goes on and on......
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 7-11-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Xquizit
reply to post by Iwinder

I feel for you!

Our neighbours have called the police and the city on us on a few occasions as well.

Firstly, my husband was removing snow in our driveway with the snowblower last winter and he usually throws the snow equally on both sides of the driveway. Well the one side, we have a ditch, and they called the city and they showed up at the house and told us we had to remove it immediately or else we would get fined.

Secondly here in Ontario, we have quite the black bear problem and for that reason we are not allowed bird feeders during the summer months. Well guess what, it was a beautiful April morning and the police show up at my door demanding we remove the feeder.

Thirdly, they tend to mow their lawn at 7 am, they even went as far as mowing at 5:45 am once. They vacuum the front yard, they never say hello, the have weekly meetings and have their company park on the road and usually block us in our driveway.

It's quite the nightmare to say the least.

Lol

Good luck, but all I can say, is keep your chin up

You don't know how right you are, the snowblowing thing is going to be the next issue for sure.

It will definitely involve the police or the city but sure as the sun rises they have already warned us in advance that there will be a problem with it.

We have our chins up but our happy level is way way down.

Thanks for posting and good luck on your end of the stick as well.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Dude that sucks for that guy. Did you give them cold water thoughout the day?
I live in AZ so when we would hire people to do something for us that was outside, I always had cold drinks for them and told them to take a more than a few breaks.

AZ weather sucks, but its a dry heat. I can only immgine somewhere where an oak tree can grow, that the summers are hot and sticky. I used to live in Indiana, so the summers there were 80% humidity. That sucks worse I would say.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
where i stay now i have the neighbours from heaven compared to my former one;s from hell he has put out the bins every week for the last 2.5 years .

i have been out with the dog at 10.30 pm and feel like a weirdo as everyone is in bed or going to bed it is that quiet where i live and people look after each other what a difference from living in a hell hole there is hope out there thank xxxx .

just as i was typing this my neighbour came in inviting me in for coffee and a smoke
happy days

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by Iwinder

Dude that sucks for that guy. Did you give them cold water thoughout the day?
I live in AZ so when we would hire people to do something for us that was outside, I always had cold drinks for them and told them to take a more than a few breaks.

AZ weather sucks, but its a dry heat. I can only immgine somewhere where an oak tree can grow, that the summers are hot and sticky. I used to live in Indiana, so the summers there were 80% humidity. That sucks worse I would say.

Yes we had a big cooler full of RO water and ice, they enjoyed it immensely.
They did bring their own water and ice.

The tree guys were ready to kill my Neighbour and we were willing to look the other way:-)

Regards, Iwinder

(post by Sandara removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join