It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico cops, doctors force man to undergo 7-hour ordeal involving rectal probes after traffic st

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Actually, as more details are revealed it appears that the searches and even detainment were unlawful. The warrant should not have been issued for a variety of reasons, so the judge and DA (who apparently was involved and is now defending the actions) are ultimately at fault. They are supposed to be the arbiters of justice and defend citizens against unlawful searches/detainment.

The guy runs a small-time scrap yard, and due to the nature of some of his patrons, he has endured unreasonable vehicle stops and searches for years (though nothing has ever been found to charge him). This time they brought un uncertified search dog, which reportedly "hit" on the seat of the guy's car. This, combined with clenched cheeks, was enough to justify the thorough search according to the police, judge, and DA.

Reasonable suspicion can be subjective, but this is obviously beyond reasonable. That is why the cops, judge, and DA should be held personally liable.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I died lol

whyamIhere
At least they could of took him out to dinner first.

Maybe even a movie....That is a lot of penetration for a first date.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I had to drive through New Mexico. Despite two of us watching the speedo and a GPS the entire drive we still got a ticket for speeding. The 25mph sign "conveniently" had a stack of six crushed cars right in front of it. We were given the choice of a tribal or state ticket. Right after he said "I see you boys are from California......

Screw New Mexico. Had those officers done that to me I would take the cash, buy a place out of Country to live and an airline ticket. I would then drag those rapist cops out into the street and put a 22 round up each of their anuses........

When will Americans start fighting back? Oh wait, never......

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Will these random abuses with huge medical bills for traffic violations be done until everyone willingly pays 800 a month for Obamacare, and 8000 out of pocket each year, even if thats equivalent or greater than rent.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
KOB4 newest broadcast not the first time for Deming cops.

reported medical board investigating these DRs

reported state certification for law enforcement is looking into it also.

www.kob.com...

The state attorney general should investigate , even the Us attorney general should investigate. Why haven't the state police investigated this.

Maybe they should wine and dine them before date raping people.

If you need a colonoscopy just make a wrong turn in Deming. If you like anal sex Deming is the place to be .

Lost

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No person should be violated like that.

Even if there was evidence that he had drugs, a procedure like that shouldn't be done.

It is sad that drug arrests mean that much to a lot of law enforcement officers and departments. Was he a danger to them or society? No.

Freaking disgusting. I hope the people involved are punished, there is financial restitution and most importantly a change in legislation.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I wonder how they determined his butt cheeks were clenched ? If the cop was that smart, he should have known there weren't any drugs up there.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

I would agree with that sentiment, however, here is the problem. If it was just from a few people that pays for this kind of treatment, then ultimately nothing is learned and the laws do not get changed. The door, for all intents and purposes, is open, and from what I am reading and looking at, has been opened up for a long time.

The reality is that the only way to get peoples attention, is to make it hurt and to do that is financially. By taking the state to court, in this case, the counties, cities, state and hospitals to court, individually and demanding a good sum, say 8 to 10 digit number in damages, it puts pressure on the officials. And it brings to light to the general public, that they are about to get hit with a large bill, that they will have to pay for the mistakes of the public officials that was made. You can mess with many things in a persons life, but there are some things that will make people raise up and take notice and do something, like demand recalls or that the laws be removed or changed, one being you hit it where it hurts and that is the wallet.

If the man wins several millions, most will not take notice. Most budgets can handle such and it is just a blip on the radar and system. But if they can get more to launch multiple class action law suits for this action, to raise the stakes up into the billions, where it can threaten to bankrupt the city and county and put a major blip in the state to where people wake up and say WTF?

Then you will see the public outcry, and demand for answers as to how and why. And when the details as to that comes out, chances are that they will demand that the lawmakers will take action to prevent this from occurring again. It is a gambit and a risk, but then again it is one that just might need to be done to protect people from said abuses. And if it makes national news, then it will bring out far more attention than most cities and states would like, especially if it is for abuses by those that are suppose to serve and protect.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Lostinthedarkness
KOB4 newest broadcast not the first time for Deming cops.

reported medical board investigating these DRs

reported state certification for law enforcement is looking into it also.

www.kob.com...

The state attorney general should investigate , even the Us attorney general should investigate. Why haven't the state police investigated this.

Maybe they should wine and dine them before date raping people.

If you need a colonoscopy just make a wrong turn in Deming. If you like anal sex Deming is the place to be .

Lost

That is the funniest story I have ever read if it wasn't true.

The cops let the dog named Leo sniff this poor man's butt.

Was the man allowed to sniff Leo's butt?

If you don't sniff back the untrained dog will have no respect for you.

Leo had no certification to sniff for drugs. However, Leo knows butts.

What was the indication that LEO even smelled drugs in this mans rectum?

Did he point? Did he shake his head? Did he tap out RECTUM in morse code?

This is as bad as the "Texas Roadside Vagina Check".

Glad they didn't have LEO for that one...

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Excellent points, and I agree with you that simply giving the guy few million freshly-printed notes and firing the cops will not change anything in the long run.

Thanks for pointing out the need for a significant public reaction. Widespread apathy and lack of voter participation have lowered the bar for positions of power in this country. The people at the top no longer have to worry that they might loose their job or be voted out, and after reading your posts I think that is the root of the problem here.

I suppose I got caught up in the typical desire to see justice served to those directly involved.
edit on 6-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

My daughter was raped an sodomized when she was 14. That was how she lost her virginity. I see this case as no different than my daughters case with but one exception...

The people who were supposed to be protecting him were the ones committing the crime. He had no one to go to, no one was hearing his plea to stop raping him, because they were all cops and doctors and nurses.

This makes me sick beyond belief... and no.. no amount of money can replace what they took from him. Money is not what I wanted when my daughter was raped... it was Justice....

I pray this man gets justice for the crimes committed against him...he will probably have all the psychological effects of someone who was raped.. my daughter, 9 years after being raped, was still affected by what happened...

I do pray he gets justice...
edit on 6-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

New from the New Mexico Police force, Fifty Shades of Blue!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The most insidious device used against the people of the world that destroys liberty, quashes freedom, invades our privacy, corrupts authority, rewards criminality, deprives humans of the dignity of self-ownership, and a multitude of other crimes against humanity - the Drug War. Put a stop to this insanity now! Get their noses and probes out of our collective arses.

Too much freedom may not be a perfect solution but we see where too little freedom takes us. I would much rather deal with the problems of having too much of it. The Drug War is bad, mm'kay?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Dogs like sniffing butts regardless did this guys car seat have spilled food on it ?

A female dog in heat?

Did Leo sniff then try to hump the suspects leg ?

I have had a k-9 unit tear up the seat of a car for a false positive years ago. They kept saying find it find dog and cops rips seat to shreds never found any thing. Took the department 18 months to reimburse me. Crap I see what will happen these days.

Whats next show me you license regulation insurance now step out of the car and bend over please assume the position .

Lost

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

If no one has told you this.....you are truly a BAMF.

Rock on, madam.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by csavage

www.kob.com...

The Lawsuit David Eckert is suing The City of Deming and Deming Police Officers Bobby Orosco, Robert Chavez and Officer Hernandez. Eckert is also suing Hidalgo County Hidalgo County Deputies David Arredondo, Robert Rodriguez and Patrick Green. Eckert is also suing Deputy District Attorney Daniel Dougherty and the Gila Regional Medical Center including Robert Wilcox, M.D and Okay Odocha, M.D.

the legal precedents this case could set are staggering.....seems the drs are already on the way to loosing their medical licenses,toss in REPEATED behavior by the officers and medical professionals in question....this might be the one case that actually holds officers accountable they didnt even have the dog certified and routinely went around the scope of warrants....or had a sympathetic judge issuing them illegally .

toss in the fact that both officers are Hispanic and victims appear to be white(got conficting info on second alleged victim) www.usnews.com...

Civil rights attorney says Hispanic officers may have targeted 'white boy' because they 'don't like him living in their community'
so now it might even go up to federal hate crime level....

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

WTF

Is all I can say.

And

Glad I'm in the UK.
edit on 6-11-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Here is a factor that many fail to see or consider when it comes to drug dogs. Money. Yes money is one of the things that makes the world go around. And in a 2009 survey of cities around the country, care to guess what they found? 90% of all us currency in circulation then had residue on them. That means that a majority of the money that every one carries in their wallets and purses, has the smell and residue of such on it. Now I do wonder if the dog that keeps giving them false positives ,would go off in say a bank, or a place that handles large amounts of cash.

For the record, if I want my rump probed I leave it to the experts in this matter, aliens from outer space.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow.... On top of this case there sounds to be a very similar second case. Wonder if he filed a lawsuit?

This one looks to be very bad financially for the City, County, hospital, DA, Doctors, Police and Sheriffs even Judge. Plus the warrant wasn't even for the right area and had expired.

Big pay day looming.

They raped him....his lawyers will return the favor.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

I agree all those involved should be held accountable. Unfortunately, we continue to allow the police, judiciary, and even the medical community to investigate and decide the fate of their members. Yes a lawsuit will bring this poor man some monetary compensation, but all the guilty parties may be allowed to continue on as if nothing ever happened.

The only way to get these people to be held accountable is for the local's to demand it. They need to be shamed and shunned in their community. We can rant and rave how awful this is, but if those who pay their salaries don't rise up against this type of madness, it will continue. Every time we leave it to these people to police themselves, they find their actions to be reasonable and within policy. What a CROCK!!!

We the people need to reclaim our rightful place in government. Somehow, we gotta make these Mutha's Mind!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join