It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico cops, doctors force man to undergo 7-hour ordeal involving rectal probes after traffic st

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The real problem is that the officers will not be held accountable. The best we can hope for is the two being fired, and even then some other department will hire them a few months later. Police have become a protected class in America. I recently found out their unions will not allow them to undergo compulsory urine testing -- the same BS, unconstitutional drug tests we all are expected to submit to in order to operate so much as a cash register. And they carry firearms.

For things to change, the punishment for incidents like this should terrify cops who hear about it. Certainly prison time is due. Putting them in general population would ensure they too experience some unwanted "anal probes."

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist
reply to post by BO XIAN

The real problem is that the officers will not be held accountable. The best we can hope for is the two being fired, and even then some other department will hire them a few months later. Police have become a protected class in America. I recently found out their unions will not allow them to undergo compulsory urine testing -- the same BS, unconstitutional drug tests we all are expected to submit to in order to operate so much as a cash register. And they carry firearms.

For things to change, the punishment for incidents like this should terrify cops who hear about it. Certainly prison time is due. Putting them in general population would ensure they too experience some unwanted "anal probes."

This is the very reason that I believe this should be front and center on ATS. Here we have a viable case (not some Youtube video that claims such). The officers and the judge are clearly accountable in this case, as presented by the complaint I posted in my first reply. When one reads through it, just as another poster commented, you get a sick feeling to your stomach.

I cannot see a jury denying this man for the injustice that was perpetrated upon him in his ordeal. His First and Fourth Amendment Rights were clearly violated without prejudice and without cause.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindedRealist

Well put.

I'm not very vindictive at all. I don't want infected with such feelings and attitudes.

However, this case is horrific.

And, the worst of it--it seems like this sort of "spirit of the age" is multiplying and intensifying.

May God have mercy on us all.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Star and flag to get the word out OP. Although this is not only horrifying it's downright disgusting. Disturbing. There are many words for it I guess. This man deserves every penny he wins in a lawsuit against these people. I feel violated having read the story. Not sure I wanted to know all that, it's almost as if they were raping this poor man.

edit on 5-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

They quite literally did rape him. Like Bo Xian, I normally don't like it when a judge decides to "make an example" of a criminal, but this case screams for it. Police everywhere need to be reminded that they are subject to the same laws as other citizens.

Along with the officers facing prison time, the judge should be disbarred, the MD's who performed the violations should loose their licenses, and the ER doc who refused should be praised.

This case is clear-cut, but the law now allows a lot of this type of searching/testing. In Tennessee where I live the cops can forcibly draw blood from a person, even if they passed a breathalyzer. As someone with an irrational phobia of needles, I would likely end up with an acceptable BAC level and trumped up charges of assaulting an officer and resisting arrest.
edit on 5-11-2013 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Pimpintology
Star and flag to get the word out OP. Although this is not only horrifying it's downright disgusting. Disturbing. There are many words for it I guess. This man deserves every penny he wins in a lawsuit against these people. I feel violated having read the story. Not sure I wanted to know all that, it's almost as if they were raping this poor man.

edit on 5-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

it pretty much was rape, dont they say rape is often more about having/exerting control than the sex act itself..sociopaths

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
When I read this I thought it was some joke from the onion. I didn't think we had slid this far down hill. I know that state well. Been threw Deming many many times. I call this state my home. I am dumbfounded over this. I would have expected this in LA or Chicago long before here even then I thought it was a stretch to happen there.

Prisons and sometimes county jails will body cavity search someone. Thats once per entrance to facility. 1 once not several times.

New Mexico has always been strict with law breakers but has upheld individual rights . I had always held New Mexico cops in high esteem I knew they were doing the right thing this stuff didnt happen in our back yard. Trust broken they are no different than a street thug cop in La or other big cities maybe worse.. This reminds me of china or Russian KGB of the cold war era NOT an American City police force ! New Mexico use to be 10 - 15 years behind in National trends. Looks like it jumped to the forefront of this tidal wave of police brutality .

Deming and Las Cruses are on the front lines for illegal immigration and a pipe line for cartel drug running. That in no way excuses this bad behavior.

I hope some thugs loose their jobs over this. To be equatable those cops should do some hard time. This is testing this states human rights if they get away with it will any one be safe.

Lost

ps dont drive threw Deming New Mexico

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

whyamIhere
At least they could of took him out to dinner first.

Maybe even a movie....That is a lot of penetration for a first date.

I really needed a good laugh and this one is going to last me a month.

lmao!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Realtruth

whyamIhere

I really needed a good laugh and this one is going to last me a month.

lmao!

I agree its a chuckle and a giggle, but this ins't a comedy show; this actually happened. Would you be lauging if you were the man in question and the police violated you?

Don't get me wrong though, I love a good laugh, just not now; with this. This is beyond normal software screw-ups.
edit on 6-11-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Here's another one, a kid with Down-Syndrome beaten-up and
the cop
rips off the kids colostomy bag.
This is NOT an isolated ooops incident.
It is american culture, happening frequently.
Why would any decent society want americans as world police ?
To think that they can help kids in other countries is absurd,
especially when we can see how they treat their own at home.

kid with Down Syndrome Beaten By The Police For "Bulge In Pants

edit on 6/11/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This is the most hedious and horrifying thing I've ever heard. I've had a colonoscopy, it requires intravenous sedation. They risked that mans life to do an anal cavatiy search. And that's not even mentioning anything else that's wrong with this entire scenario.

I was going to ask if this was our future but appartently it's our present.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I've said this before. Any and all monetary awards this man receives( and it should be in the 6 digits at least) should be taken directly from the police pension fund. Not insurance, not the police budget, not the county budget, not the city budget. Take it directly from the police pension fund. When the police see their benefits and pensions suddenly drop from a payout they all have to share the cost of( retired officers included) they'll begin to weed out the problem officers and not cover for them.
As for the hospital, they need to pay their share as well.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The website posted an update, 12 hours not 7.

UPDATE: What I didn’t put in this piece before was that this situation looks very much like Eckert was being targeted, perhaps after his first incident with the police in September of 2012. Although he was stopped by the Hidalgo County Sheriff in September and by the City of Deming police officer in Janauary of 2013, according to the complaint, there is evidence that they were out to get him:

This is pretty much clear cut abuse of power at the expensive of the 'targets' time and privacy.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You have Gotta be frekin kidding me!?!?

The victim is stuck with the hospital bill?

This whole thing is just surreal! God help the citizens of America,if this incident is indicative of your futures! This is so preposterous.I hope this stays in the news-and I hope he sues the officers+department involved into the next dimension.But aside from sueing for damage,this case should serve to hilight just how ass-over-teakettle things have turned in the "Land of the Free"

Home of the brave? Well yes,by the looks of it, y'all gonna Have to be..

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Man...

The situation in America could not be more literal than this OP....ironically.

Up the butt hole, repeatedly...

I mean how could things become more clear.

But you got yo love the hidden message in the report...stay loose, don't...clench...the checks.

The Rat.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

PRESUMED GUILTY!

Unless you pay lots in time and money to prove you are in fact innocent.

USA sucks right now for people in bad accidental or wrongful situations:
Injure yourself and you could wake up in hospital and have to sell your house to pay to fix it.
Get suspected of somthing and you may have to sell your house to pay to fix it.

If you dont have a house, car, boat or tonnes of cash - you better have some of the best insurance on the planet (preferably backed by an out of country insurance company!)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

whyamIhere

Don't knock it till you've tried it..some people pay big money for this treatment!

Seriously though, the cop must have taken a REAL dislike to the guy. It's no excuse for authority abuse like this, but maybe the guy was mouthing off or being a wise guy and got up the cops nose.

As i say, it's still no excuse either way.

Hopefully, he'll win in court (he should do) but not only that, the cop responsible ought to be at the least fired, but better still face criminal charges of sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
I thought I'd seen it all when it comes to official malfeasance. These cops must have had a serious grudge on this guy for whatever reasons.

3 enemas?
2 xrays?
Then a colonoscopy when they don't find anything?

To add insult to injury, Eckert is being billed for the procedures performed on him and the hospital is threatening to turn him over to a collections agency if he doesn’t pay.

Remind me to not clench my buttocks if I ever get pulled over for a traffic stop.

Any ethical doctor would have ran a simple contrast dye study or MRI and they would have had their answers, no anal probing needed. BUT there are ALL kinds of WTF about this one. At a hospital you have a right to refuse anything. Was this court ordered? Were there any hearings? Or did the doctor just do this on the officers say so? I hope he lawyers up and sues the pants off of all of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Raxoxane
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You have Gotta be frekin kidding me!?!?

The victim is stuck with the hospital bill?

This whole thing is just surreal! God help the citizens of America,if this incident is indicative of your futures! This is so preposterous.I hope this stays in the news-and I hope he sues the officers+department involved into the next dimension.But aside from sueing for damage,this case should serve to hilight just how ass-over-teakettle things have turned in the "Land of the Free"

Home of the brave? Well yes,by the looks of it, y'all gonna Have to be..

I don't understand. The backscatter machines at the airports are apparently enough to make sure no one has something up their behind, but they had to do ALL of these anal probes at a hospital to look for something? And a doctor agreed to this? Seriously, all that was needed was an MRI or even a PET scan if they wanted to take it to that level without touching the man's rectum. Yes, those are expensive tests, but it could have been done if it was so important to the police.

And just imagine, if this man had been raped or molested as a child what he must have endured having to go through this. As far as I'm concerned, being anally probed against your will is medical rape. And people have won big law suits for it.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Don't mind me, I just S+F and commenting for the sake of helping this article go on front page because this article deserves a lot of attention!

Oh and I can't help but quote something from my childhood (Dracula dead and loving it):

"Put him in a straitjacket and give him an enema! Wait, give him an enema FIRST, then put him in a straitjacket!"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join