It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classless fan body slams Marty the Mascot to the ice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
WTF is wrong with this guy?

It was supposed to be a friendly game of musical chairs at a hockey game intermission, however,Marty the Mascot ended up getting body slammed by a disgruntled participant...

"Marty playfully ran interference on one of the male contestants, who subsequently missed out on getting a chair and was eliminated from the contest. Once that happened, the contestant ran toward Marty and executed what can only be described as the perfect body slam tackle, lifting Marty up off the ice and slamming him back down on his back.

As the crowd and staff on the ice looked on stunned, wondering if this was part of Marty's usual antics, it soon became clear that it was not, as Marty lay on the ice for a few seconds before a staff member finally came to see if he was OK and helped him to his feet. While Marty appeared OK, from this reporter's viewpoint, he was clearly in discomfort for the remainder of the promotion and as he went off the ice after the promotion was over.

As to the mean-spirited contestant, he left the ice to a chorus of boos and was apparently dealt with by arena security."(Island Sports News)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That video looks really old.

90's style

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I never respond to sports threads but I'll make an exception here.
Classless is an extremely kind way of putting it.
I'd call him a ______ but that would be sick.
This calls for:
Public spanking,
on the ice,
with a hockey stick,
in Marty's loving paws.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Probably some dumbass with a few beers in him thinking "Hey im gonna tackle this mascot and get a bunch of cheers from the crowd!"

Dumbass.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sort of the Canadian way..get on the ice and FIGHT!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of the reactionism that I believe is a symptom of our diseased society. Too often people react without thinking, and respond with an action not warranted by the situation.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
This calls for:
Public spanking,

That seems to be what the video maker is wanting.
The video is not so much a "news report", as a call for public action against the "man in green". By freeze framing a few places where his face can be seen and then repeating, and repeating, and repeating and repeating the OUTRAGE bits of the video.
Whoever made the video clearly wants a mob lynching, not due lawfull process.
As do you.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tucket

Some people never grow up. For a grown man to act like that is like a child having a temper tantrum. He should be ashamed of himself.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

alfa1

Asktheanimals
This calls for:
Public spanking,

That seems to be what the video maker is wanting.
The video is not so much a "news report", as a call for public action against the "man in green". By freeze framing a few places where his face can be seen and then repeating, and repeating, and repeating and repeating the OUTRAGE bits of the video.
Whoever made the video clearly wants a mob lynching, not due lawfull process.
As do you.

I was surprised to hear the news reporter say that "criminal charges should be laid."

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
would be great if we stop calling the tackled guy "marty"... Its like "omg someone just beat the crap out of donald duck"...

I cant take it seriously... sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

There's a world of difference between
A public hanging
And public humiliation.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni
would be great if we stop calling the tackled guy "marty"... Its like "omg someone just beat the crap out of donald duck"...

I cant take it seriously... sorry.

Poor Marty... That was animal abuse. Where's PETA?

new topics

top topics

join